A Suggestion:

Started by Solarius, February 27, 2003, 05:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solarius

I think that the limits on troop sales at the private market should be increased,

and the travel time for goods to the public market should be decreased in the turbo server.
*Vermin Chieftain Solarius*
*Commanding Officer, Imperial Regiment #6*

Menatus

Who buys troops on the privet market, anyway? Everything's much cheaper on the mercenaries, except food.

windhound

depends on your animal type if the goods on the mercenaries are cheap, being a fox means that my troops cost on advarage 100 more than my brother who is wolf and has really cheap mercs...

Sometimes people put up really cheap stuff on the market, though typically they are sold more expensive...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Solarius

Yea, by private market I mean mercenaries.  Sorry for the mixup.

Anyway, I'm talking about selling on the private market.  The maximum number of troop that you can sell seems to "regenerate" disproportionately slower than the increase in turns.

Abby The Rat

I think the market is = to the Camp you have
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Menatus

Well, it wouldn't be fair, because then people would just sell like 1 rat for a billion dollars.

Solarius

???

The rates for selling on the mercenaries is fixed, as always.

What I would like changed is the maximum number of rats that you can sell.

To make up some numbers, if you have 1,000,000 rats, let's say the game allows you to sell a maximum of 300,000 on the mercenaries.  If you use up that limit, then you can't sell anymore until the next tick or so (not sure about exactly when), when you would get to sell, say, 5,000 more per tick.

Back in the old server, this worked fine.
But since you will be doing things 5 times as fast in the turbo server, the regeneration rate just doesn't keep up.  Strategies like mine which depend on selling troops instantly suffer from this.  Regardless of whether the number of camps you have affects this number, it should be multiplied by 5.

Similarly, waiting 6 hours for your stoats or whatever to go to the public market is just too long.  During this time, you would accumulate only 36 turns on the old server.  But on the turbo server, you get 180.  In effect, it is as if you were waiting 30 hours for troops to arrive in the old server.

Solarius

I don't know if I would advise making the new market travel time 1.2 hours (1/5 of 6 hours), since I think that part of the reason that this time was implemented in the first place was to make sure that a warlord didn't see the results of a market sale during one play session... and also to allow time for reactions among the whole people to price (market forces).  Maybe 3 hours or so would be better.

I wouldn't change the raise defense or prepare loyalty spell durations-- since some people will inevitably not be able to play every 12 hours (or whatever is most efficient), and it is not fair to penalize them.  On the other hand, a warlord might benefit in two play sessions from one spell (just as inspire fear is supposed to do for the wolf in the normal server), so an equitable way to compromise might be to raise the loyalty cost for those two spells.. maybe double 'em.

Kilkenne

I actually find it's a good long term investment when I find an extra 20-50 million in my treasury when I log on a day later when some newb bought a load of over-priced weasels or such that I didn't need off the public market when some newb will buy them. We're both happy - they think they've gotten a bargain, and I DID get a bargain!

Oh well, that's just my two cents on the topic.