I am graduated!

Started by Aqualis, May 07, 2007, 11:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguia Zsah

Ohh.. xD Over here public schools you fund and state schools are funded though taxes. Most people go to state schools.

Peace Alliance

less efficient? how is that so? paying out of your pocket means that only the wealthy get a good education... don't you think that educating EVERYONE in your country is more important??

besides, private schools have profits in mind, public schools have education in mind (or - i suppose "how to educate with the tinsy lil budget we's got"  is on mind)

cloud

why does peace turn everything into a political agenda. I think he believes he's intelligent or something...
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Ruddertail

Quoteless efficient? how is that so?

Bureaucratic waste, essentially. Layer upon layer of oversight, admin costs, poor decisions, etc. They have no incentive to cut costs, either - they just ask for more money.

Quotepaying out of your pocket means that only the wealthy get a good education...

1: Would you consider 50k a year "wealthy"? Compared to the rest of the world, certainly, but I think that'd around average here. My family makes that, we pay out of pocket private education (home school) and I scored in the Top 10% on the Pre - SAT test, as well as getting a high score in a pre - ACT test a couple years back. I have a 3.5 or so GPA. I'd say I'm getting a "good" education. We're not exactly poor, of course, but it's not true that only the wealthy can afford a non - state funded education. And I'll remind you we're also funding the state system with our taxes.

2: If taxes were reduced (and voucher tax cuts [cuts in another area of taxes for those who already don't pay much tax for the schools]) people would be able to afford better education, from private schools.

Quotebesides, private schools have profits in mind, public schools have education in mind (or - i suppose "how to educate with the tinsy lil budget we's got"  is on mind)

Private school - "Hmm. We want to make money, so we'll have to make sure we have good teachers and give every student a good education. Otherwise, students go elsewhere and we lose money."

Public school - "We get the same amount of money whether we turn out college ready students or dunces who can't even read. Why bother?"

It's not nearly that bad, of course, and I'm sure most teachers and many administrators have the best interest of the students on mind. However, public schools as a whole have no incentive to cut costs, nor do they have any incentive to excel in education.  Whereas the private school has their bottom line urging them to do the most, best educating (to keep business and attract new business due to reputation) with the least amount of money (to maximize profits).

Profit is the best motivator for the overall organization. Private schools have that, public schools lack it.

Quote from: Arguia Zsah on May 14, 2007, 04:34:14 AM
Ohh.. xD Over here public schools you fund and state schools are funded though taxes. Most people go to state schools.

Heh. Public here refers to the fact that they're funded by the public, through taxes. Private by the fact that they're funded by individuals.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Aqualis

No more math! No more math! No more math! :-D
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis