What's new in this round

Started by The Lady Shael, June 15, 2007, 09:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

This will be updated as I remember stuff. Also, this was written hastily to get everything in before I reset the server. I'll make it more coherent later.

-------------

Turns
Turns are being set back to every 10 minutes. =)

Locations
Three locations, the River, the Woods, and Underground. The Woods are for beginners/scouters, Underground is for leader strats, and River is for indy strats.
You can move to either of the other two locations from wherever you're at.

Raiders, or lack thereof
No raiders needed for this round. (this won't be a permanent thing)

Sea Serpents
New troop type, OP: 700, DP 540. You can only attack with them if you are in the River. You can't set training settings for them. They can only be bought.

Market
You can see what's on the market. Also, putting stuff on the market no longer affects your networth.
If you put goods on the market, it says it'll take 6 hours for your goods to reach the market, yet you see them show up on the Buy page right away. They won't be able to be bought after the 6 hours though. I'm fixing this soon so that they won't show up until after they're officially reached the market.

Races
There are only 8 races. Choose your race wisely, it pretty much decides your strategy.
Also, many of the races have new abilities. Check out the Races Guide here ( http://www.redwallwarlords.com/duels/rwl.php?action=help&guide=races ).

Race Abilities
Some of these I coded from scratch, so they may not work perfectly. >.< Let me know if you think it's not working, and I'll fix it as soon as possible.
A note on Fox's Cloak: We're still trying to figure out the best way to execute this one. You can only uncloak after you've cloaked 10 times. Also, on the scores page, your networth will go down, but you will be ranked according to your real networth. That's not our intention...I'm still trying to figure out how to make that work. On a more positive note, no one will know by what percentage your networth is lowered. =p

Kidnapping
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, at around noon, a random member from the clan with the lowest average networth will be kidnapped into the other clan.

Attack system
Back to the old system, simplified, with no group attacking.

Account reviving
If you are killed, restarting a new account is only a matter of typing in a new horde name (if you want), choosing a new race, and clicking a button.

Lottery
Lottery winnings are a lot higher. =p [edit] Well, a little too high, apparently. They've been lowered.

Help Guide
Help guide as of now has not been updated (except for the Races page), so it won't help much. Though I'm hoping we can get updated info on there soon.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

That lottery thing might unbalance the game a tad. LOL. 4 trillion dollars?????
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

idunno

Unless they are expecting us to make massive/money anyways by attacking Stormfin and Gloomer but idk since im still in protection :/.

Gen. Volkov

I'm thinking Stormfin and Gloomer are expected to last awhile, their nets are rather high, and I'm betting it's mostly troops.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

idunno

Gen. Volkov

I'm almost sure that's what it is, as I've played this sort of game before. However, if they do have lots of money, I bet they have ungodly numbers of leaders to protect them so that we can't steal it. However, the lottery will help people to rise in NW quickly and have a good shot at taking down one of the two relatively quickly.

The Lady Shael

Meh, lottery jackpot is being lowered. Forgot to take some things into account.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Badrang the Tyrant

Awesome!  I demand a reset of Reg right away.  After we test out some things first. :-D

idunno

Btw, are Stormfin and Gloomer still supposed to be in protection?

The Lady Shael

I'll take them out soon. Maybe tomorrow or later today.

Rawr

Blah and it still says i need raiders to attack,...this just a temp thing or bug??...ah well...not like attacking him would do anything,..cept lose me land lol

Badrang the Tyrant

I'm only getting turns once every 20 minutes...not 10. :-(

White Fang

About the Kidnapping...it seems like a little unbalanced, considering that there's a 100 mil net difference between Gloomer and Stormfin; no matter how good the Stormfin players are, they're going to have the lower average networth for quite a while.

kell

is it possible to get an in clan message system up,or give everybody positions like diplomat so we can work as a team?
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Gen. Volkov

QuoteMeh, lottery jackpot is being lowered. Forgot to take some things into account.

K then. I noticed you also lowered turns to 5 every 10 instead of 10 every 10.\

Also, found first minor bug, it says this:

QuoteWarning: Division by zero in /home/redwallw/public_html/duels/spells.php on line 629

When I Goldmine.

Oh and when I get turns vs. when it says I should get turns is WAY off.