New Turbo Round Details: The Storehouse

Started by The Lady Shael, August 26, 2007, 10:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

I know I said I'd post this tomorrow, but Shael is reeeeeeallly bored and doesn't feel like finishing her physics homework. (and yes, I'll switch from first person to third person in the middle of a sentence whenever I feel like it) It's only an hour till tomorrow anyway.

Anyways, this round was thought up by Peace. And it is called The Storehouse.

Everyone will be sorted into three clans upon signing up. You may leave the clan if you wish, but you cannot join a clan again. Clans cannot be created.

If you are in a clan, you have the option to use the clan storehouse. You can store: troops, food, loyalty, cash, and leaders. (Leaders have been removed because some people won't enough enough huts after the distribution to hold them anyway)

[EDIT] Whatever is in the storehouses will have 4% interest added to it each day.

After a couple weeks or so, the storehouses for each clan will be distributed. Whatever is in the storehouses will be divided equally among each member in the clan. (of course, players who are not in clans will not receive anything.) Turns will probably be increased during this time period.

From then on, it's a battle between everyone for the top spots. After the distribution, you are not allowed to leave your clan. Right now, the clans are not set to war with each other, but after the distribution, they will be.

These are the only changes that are being made. Some minor details are still being worked on, and so this post will be updated when they are decided. They won't interfere with the game being set up this Tuesday though. Nothing can stop that now. =p

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

White Fang

I don't quite get it; what's the point of using the storehouse? People who put in a lot are going to get ripped off, and people who put in little (or none) are going to get a bunch of stuff for free...

Shadow

will clans be disbanded after the storehouse is distributed?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

wolf bite

Same questions I would have asked, geez I really need to read my memos.

Maybe 5% or 10% of all things made (army cash food) by a member goes into the Storehouse.  This way the good players have reason to help newer players they are teamed up with to make more stuff so that they don't get ripped off when things are separated.  hummmm?  And the leaving the clan can be used wrong if right before the store house separation a clan deal is made that 2 leave, thus leaving one person to get emperor?

Wolf Bite

Edit: Shael and I are working on a slightly different way that will make a benefit to put stuff in no matter who your partners are ....
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Shadow

when will the reset be? if you are tweaking it i imagine it wont be for a few days at least

wolf bite

The first way (above) I had suggested would have been a full rewrite, but we think we found a fast fix. She thinks it will be out in time.  Unless told different, assume the time has not changed.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Shadow

Sweet - I just sent you a quick pm on turbo if you are still interested.

taekwondokid42

It sounds pretty awesome. This actally gives a great opportunity to try some of my multi-person strats that I've been working on.

idunno

How much of something you have, say troops would you be able to put in 20% max, 90% max?

Shadow

I got the impression that it would be taxed from your earnings rather than a voluntary donation.. am I right?

wolf bite

Shael has now edited the first post saying that the storehouse will have an interest rate of 4% each day.  What this means is that each day, all stuff your team puts in the storehouse will get 4% bigger.  This is a lot. Over a month you will have a few times the resources you put in.  Even the old pros at the game will want to put stuff in because if they don?t, and the other teams do, they will be far behind when the massive armies, food, loyalty and cash is released.  All members of the clans will wont this amount to be as big as possible. 

Reasons a person will want to store away resources:

1.    To have it multiply many times its value.
2.   Because if you don?t and the enemy does, you will be ?smashified?
3.   To not need to feed / pay your armies and to keep your stuff safe from being stolen.

This is exciting, I can?t wait for the battles of the last days!!!

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Shadow

will clans be disbanded after the distribution?

The Lady Shael

As far as I've been told, they won't be.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Peace Alliance

Ya, so the main goal to this round is to work together as a clan as efficiently as possible to build up as much resources as you can, and then at the end the turns are bumped and we see who the last clan/man standing is.

taekwondokid42

how long will we have after the storehouse is re-distributed?