Turbo Round Themes

Started by The Lady Shael, October 27, 2007, 11:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

So we've finally decided to compile a list of all the different themed rounds we've had in Turbo. Here new players can look up what these themes mean, and old players can go through this list and decide which rounds would be cool to do in upcoming months.

Turbo rounds are reset every month, on the 28th. To see the last time we've had a theme, check out the Immortalization Archive.

List of Turbo Themes

No Leaders
Just what it sounds like. Huts are not able to be built, and thus no one in the game can have leaders, and can't perform any leader missions.

No Clans
Clans are not able to be created. Everyone is on their own.

No Mercs
No mercenaries. Income from the market is delayed from being added to your cash until you log in.

No Barracks
No barracks. No troops are able to be created.

Super/Double Turns
More turns are given and able to be accumulated than normal.

Duels
Everyone is divided up into two clans, and you can't leave.

Fire and Ice
Like Duels, except with super-Emperors for each clan.

Forced Clan
Upon sign-up, each player is assigned to a clan. Clan leader voting takes place a week into the round.

Emperor
The admins create a super account with a ton of land, army, and resources, and the players try to take it down before the round ends. The super account won't fight back.

Succeeding Emperor
Like the Emperor round, except whoever kills the Emperor becomes the Emperor, with the power to tax and send messages to everyone in the game. Tax is 0-0.01% of cash and food per turn.

Storehouse
Players are sorted into three or four clans, and each clan has access to a storehouse, where they can store armies and resources. The goods are multiplied by a small percentage each day. A week before the reset, the storehouse is distributed equally throughout the clan and everyone battles it out.

Half-Land
Players are not allowed to build any one building type on more than half their land. No cities, no demolishing to put a building type on more than half your land, and if you get attacked, and a building type ends up on more than half your land, the extra buildings are demolished and the acres are given back as free land.

Ladder
There is a count down how long people are in the top ten, once someone has proved they can stay in the top ten for 3 days, the computer moves them north. The person the furthest north and highest ranks wins.

Race Ladder
Everyone starts as the same race, and revolt is disabled. Every three days, everyone's race will be changed to something a little more powerful, with a different ability.

War of the Shields
Everyone is divided into four clans: Targe, Pavise, Buckler, and Aspis. The object is keep a high attack and defense ratio to increase your clan rating. The clan with the highest clan rating gets a 10% attack/defense bonus, and the clan with the second highest rating gets a 5% attack/defense bonus.

Curse of War
Attacking costs five times as much health for any attack.

Communist
Communist economy set-up, no mercs, and five Emperors. More details

Race to Badger Gold
An emperor account is of the race Badger, with reinforced stats and a ton of gold.

Food Stockpile
For the last 10 days of the round, there is no way to generate food.

Anonymous Attacks
All successful attacks are anonymous.

Custom Race
Upon logging in for the first time, each player sets the stats and name for their own custom race. You are given an amount of race points which you can allocated to different race traits, and choose any race ability. You can edit your stats for as long as you are in protection.

Limited Attacks
Players are given a limited amount of times that they can attack for the entire round.

Race Roulette
Everyone may change their race for free every 72 hours.

Limited Land
No scouting after protection, and land farm does not auto-scout.

Themes based off of Redwall books:

Battle for Mossflower River (Mossflower):
Two clans and two emperors, named Stormfin and Gloomer. Object is to protect your own emperor and kill the other one. New troop type called Sea Serpent with 7000 OP and 5400 DP. Modified locations, River, Woods, and Underground. Every day, someone from the clan with the lowest average networth is kidnapped into the other clan.
Round Details
Background Story

The Return of Ublaz (Pearls of Lutra):
Four locked clans, and two robot accounts. One is the Tears of All Oceans, the other is Emperor Ublaz Madeyes. Each clan attempts to kill the Tears account which moves the whole clan to Pearl Holder, a location with high bonuses. Once they own the Tears, they can drop land to it to protect it from the other clans. Whoever kills Ublaz becomes Emperor of Sampetra and earns the Sampetra tax (up to 0.005% of Sampetra residents' food and cash per turn).
Round Details
Background Story
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

wolf bite

Ladders
By staying in the top 5 continually, the account is slowly kept moving north.  No opening raiders.

Battle of Mossflower river
New locations, new types of armies. Emperors to beat.

Fire and ice
Two admin made emperors and 2 clans to see who can reach the enemy?s king first.

Duels
2 or more clans that battle to the death.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Shadow

i would like a clanned round. I am very tired of someone being a stoat and simply winning through the foolishness of others who don't know how to take him down.

i like the sound of ladders though...

perhaps a clanned ladder round?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

taekwondokid42

hmm, you really wouldn't have to be worried about stoats if we were in a no huts rounds.

Shadow

no huts sucks, we've done it before. basically its just a massing race that goes nowhere. most of the fun stuff in this game involves leader missions

taekwondokid42

hmm, I just want a round where I can indy with no fear of being leadered.

Also: Last time we had a no-huts round I joined for the first time about 1/2 way through.

windhound

haha
no leader rounds are awesome
sack is worthless, so I can build 85% foragers and 15% markets, keep a small army and just sit there and food mass
atleast, that's what I did last time...  which has been a while for me

awesomly easy, amazingly boring
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

how about a no leader emp round? the emp would be many times more difficult to break if there were no leaders...

wolf bite

(hopes that his new theme game will be up for next round)

No strategy being used now will work!     *evil laugh*

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on November 06, 2007, 07:20:45 PM
how about a no leader emp round? the emp would be many times more difficult to break if there were no leaders...

The emp was broken with rats this time not leaders so....yeah, it happenened fast too!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Peace Alliance

would have broken him in a few more days with leaders... And we had like bazillions of leaders on him, heh. Next time we should give him 100% towers, more army, probably 3 times as many leaders.......... and 1 stoat. what?

Shadow

with no leaders the emp can be 100% towers and have a much bigger army at a smaller net. no leaders emp would be very hard

Firetooth

Not hard. Impossible. :-(

Without leaders the game is boring, but with them, everyone steals all my hard-earned cash, but no huts would be boring. :|
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Peace Alliance

What if the next time we end up doing a no-leaders round. We do a lizards vs rats round where those are the only 2 races you can chose (you still have leaders, but they're both indy races)

pippin the mighty

can you explain indy to me please