Turbo Round Themes

Started by The Lady Shael, October 27, 2007, 11:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

It would prompt alot of scouting....It sounds interesting enough although id hate it especially if i indyed...
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

taekwondokid42

That could be bad, because whoever made the last 30-50 attacks would have a great advantage over all of the other players, and there would be nothing they could do about it.

You could, on the other hand, just say no attacking the whole round...

I don't think that that round would be very interesting though. You would probably have to do something like open markets (put up to 100% of goods on markets) to increase interest. But the current round is open markets, and we don't want to be repetitive.

Shadow

Quote from: taekwondokid42 on May 20, 2008, 03:25:16 PM
That could be bad, because whoever made the last 30-50 attacks would have a great advantage over all of the other players, and there would be nothing they could do about it.
exactly, it's all about conserving attacks and being the last one to finish

Quote from: taekwondokid42 on May 20, 2008, 03:25:16 PM
You could, on the other hand, just say no attacking the whole round...

I don't think that that round would be very interesting though. You would probably have to do something like open markets (put up to 100% of goods on markets) to increase interest. But the current round is open markets, and we don't want to be repetitive.

No, that would be incredibly boring
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

thomaskreisman

what is next rounds theme gona be?

The Lady Shael

Secret. =p It'll be interesting though...wolf thought it up, hopefully he'll be back in time to see it go up. It might not seem very interesting at the beginning, but it changes. ^_~
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Alazar is Back

Gosh! I had a really incredible idea that i thought up and i just forgot it...dang it.

Any hints shael? :P
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

thomaskreisman

I just want mercenaries back again!

Firetooth

I think for one round you should be forced to be either a stoat or rat.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

Could be interesting, but more potential not to change anything much, the people who normally leader will continue leadering and same with indiers  :-\

Firetooth

Or maybe forced indy, that way overpowered leaders wouldn't get all the credit ;) you should still be allowed huts though, but they should only have the wildcat, rat and lizard races.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

wolf bite

We have had no leader themes. I think at one time or another we have made each styratagy not work and forced people to use something they normally would not have.

PS.... I like both or your guys new-ish avatars. Cool stuff

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Firetooth

Ok. Thanks, I didn't think Sharptooth changed his but I changed mine twice today.

I think a round the opposite of half round would be nice. You have to build all your land on something, it wouldn't work well for tricky strats like wildcat and it would mean indies would have even weaker leader defences.

taekwondokid42

That is interesting. I'm not sure how much you could do with 100% something though.

I would be worried that most everybody would just leader, because indiers would be incredibly vulnerable. And, once you committed to leaders, you would not want to shift because you would lose all of your leaders impossibly quickly.

Firetooth

No wait. You don't have to build 100% land, but you get a 20% bonus on whatever your producing if you build one structure 100%, this would give leaders great ratios, cashers great cash and indies great troops. It would however leave indies leader defences vunerable. Once again, just an idea.

The Obliterator

why not an unlimited aid round where you can send everything to everyone including land
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better