Turbo Round Themes

Started by The Lady Shael, October 27, 2007, 11:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

I know a way. (no, it's not a bug or cheating)

Here's a round idea: Money round. Basically, we tweak several aspects involving money, and see how well they work and maybe even move them to the reg. server. Examples: (you can change the variables for them all)

Lottery: Make tickets cost 1/3 your NW. If you win, you win 100x winning ticket price. It would make the lottery worth playing.

Camps: Make camps 10 times as effective. Not the mercs part, but the expenses part. I don't know of any strat where keeping camps for anything other than mercs is recommended.

Cluny's Hut: double or triple max values.

Market: Lower max prices.

troops and food: change base values.

The first the are the ones I would like to see. The last two were just brain-storming.

Scarwake

Hehe, keeping everything in the green is my speciality with my marketing strat.  Though its quite difficult to build up a bunch of networth with it.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

taekwondokid42

Quote from: taekwondokid42 on August 17, 2008, 06:04:57 PM
Market: Lower max prices.

I was referring to the public market. But I forgot another one. Raise the amount of cash brought in by (building) markets by 5 or 10x.

I would leave foragers alone though. If you want a foraging strat, make a race for it.

The Lady Shael

I just came up with an awesome idea...a Shael round.

In this round, everything is normal, except at random times during the day (whenever Shael feels like it) she randomly gives a random person a random amount of a random resource (food, loyalty, troops, whatever).

/I/ think it'd be interesting to see how it plays out....what would win: my love for chaos, or my helplessly benevolent nature? XD

Okay, okay, I'm just kidding around, but I'm just curious to see who would play a round like this? =p
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

The Obliterator

*sticks hand up*
Can i be the first random person. :D
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Firetooth

Quote from: The Obliterator on August 22, 2008, 07:11:00 PM
*sticks hand up*
Can i be the first random person. :D
I bags first, you be second :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

Oblit posted first, so he gets to be the first person. XD

My sister would actually probably win, she knows me best and therefore can bribe me the most effectively. =p
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

dont bribe people threaten them!
eg "I'll delete your forum avi" :D
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Obliterator

Wow where accually getting in line to be randomly picked :D

Haydee

Quote from: The Lady Shael on August 23, 2008, 06:58:46 AM
My sister would actually probably win, she knows me best and therefore can bribe me the most effectively. =p
Yep. I'd just buy you macaroni and cheese for a month. ^_^
...or I could threaten to post that video of you singing Fergalicious. Bwahahaha!

Shadow

I think this has been suggested before, but how about a point system round based on time spent on top? or in the top 10? Say, 10 points per hour in 1st place, 9pts per hour in second, etc. Person with the most points wins.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

I have a really chaotic idea. How about we have a backwards health round you gain health by attacking and loose it by using turns.

thomaskreisman

Quote from: The Obliterator on September 19, 2008, 05:55:48 PM
I have a really chaotic idea. How about we have a backwards health round you gain health by attacking and loose it by using turns.
That would be interesting but I don't think it would work.

Shade

It;d be mildly interesting for old players, would hopelessly confuse the poor newbies

Scarwake

Have we had a around with No clans and No Aid at all and to take it one step further no Market so that everybody has to work basically by themselves other than talking.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album