Turbo Round Themes

Started by The Lady Shael, October 27, 2007, 11:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

An isolated round?  Eh.  Half the fun is working with people.  Maybe as a half-round.

A modified aid system where you can only send to people who are smaller than you could be interesting.  It would prevent people propping others up.
Not enough for a round theme, but would make a nice addition. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

taekwondokid42

What about a round where all expenses were cut in half? That would include building, using turns, using loyalty, paying loans, ect.

That also includes mercs, and market caps.

Troop losses do not count as expenses.

Fun? Or too overpowered?

Peace Alliance

eep, that would have immeasurable consequences. Although it sounds cool, it could easily make for some crazy exploits.

Shadow

you could do 2 kills per run...

or you could scrape 90% of the land in the game in a run.

Either way, overpowered doesn't even begin to cut it. The new players would be overwhelmed, and the gap between new and old would get even wider.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

taekwondokid42

Quote from: Shadow on August 30, 2008, 12:33:10 PM
I think this has been suggested before, but how about a point system round based on time spent on top? or in the top 10? Say, 10 points per hour in 1st place, 9pts per hour in second, etc. Person with the most points wins.

I would like to see a point round. There are several ways we could do points. The first of which would be 1 pt for every person you are ahead of (so everybody receives points, except last place). Another way is Shadow's.

My favorite would be at each 10 min segment take .0231% of every bodies NW (so that by the end of the round your points should equate to their average NW). Dead accounts would not receive points, but revived accounts would have their old points and multiplier rolled over.

Late-comers should get some sort of bonus, but I don't know a good way to implement one.

This would make having a high NW throughout the round important.

TheSpaceman

Quote from: taekwondokid42 on November 11, 2008, 12:44:49 PM
Quote from: Shadow on August 30, 2008, 12:33:10 PM
I think this has been suggested before, but how about a point system round based on time spent on top? or in the top 10? Say, 10 points per hour in 1st place, 9Pt's per hour in second, etc. Person with the most points wins.

I would like to see a point round. There are several ways we could do points. The first of which would be 1 pt for every person you are ahead of (so everybody receives points, except last place). Another way is Shadow's.

My favorite would be at each 10 min segment take .0231% of every bodies NW (so that by the end of the round your points should equate to their average NW). Dead accounts would not receive points, but revived accounts would have their old points and multiplier rolled over.

Latecomers should get some sort of bonus, but I don't know a good way to implement one.

This would make having a high NW throughout the round important.

For a bonus for latecomers you could double their points percentage for the number of ten minute segments missed, kinda like turn storage for points, and if you start after half way you only get double for the rest, kinda like losing turns after maxing out turns stored.  This would make it relatively even, with the same opportunity for everyone.  I.e. its a true indicator or average networth, at least as far as my sleep-deprived brain can work out. (I hate working 2 jobs!!!)
Look up!

Firetooth

I think a good round would be no attacking, but scouting maxs 2 times as much. You can still caln and aid etc. but there's no land farm or attack option, meaning troops are only good for net. It would mean everyone would have to try new techniques. The only problem is, peace would easily win :-X
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

nivek the badger warlord

what about a round where you can only have rats and the admins would be against everyone but the admins would start with 100,000,000 acres of land and everyone else would start with 1000 acres oh and the admins could attack everyone else and gain land...

what do you think of that oh and no land farm or mercenaries
silence I kill you!!!!

TheSpaceman

I dont think it would work unless you seriously revise some of those numbers, i like the idea it just needs tweaking.

Indies with no land against unbreakable ultra-emps (for lack of a better description) without mercenaries to buy troops (if a leaderer makes cash) or land farm to get some land? OUCH!!!!!!
Look up!

Peace Alliance

Would be cool to have a round where it everyone against me, and it's setup so that i cannot know who anyone is. That way i couldn't attack people with a bias, hehe.

Might be even cooler if we made it so that you had to win the round beforehand to be the one who gets to take on everyone else instead of me.

Firetooth

I think we should do a round when whover killed the emperor became emperor like with the pearls of lutra round but no tried lol. The main objective should be to become emperor by killing the emp and you should be able to charge up to 5% taxes so people actually try!
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

We just had a round like that, Firetooth, Succeeding Emperor in September. Except it was kind of a flop, next I think we will make the taxes up to 5%, cause .01% didn't seem to be big enough of a lure. Shade won, and no one really seemed motivated enough to take him down.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

I musta forgot :-\ or not been there. Or both.

The Obliterator

Iv got an idea for a round.
Its kinda like an assain round.
Everyone gets a target that they have to kill.
If you kill your target you get your their target.
And so on until there is only one person left.
I think if people die they could come back without targets and help with reasourcing and land takeing.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better