Turbo Round Themes

Started by The Lady Shael, October 27, 2007, 11:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

I like customizable races, but there would need to be a few restrictions:

no more than +/- 80 in any field
Total points add up to 0

And we would have to redefine what we consider positive and negative, because what is bad for one race might be really good for another (ei, merc prices - rats want them high, so they get the most for selling, but leader players want them low so they can buy cheap). So we would have to define positives and negatives based on the race-specific spell you choose.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

Do you reckon we could have another super emp round.
The last one was great.
I remember making 2bil net solo that round.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Marell

Quote from: The Lady Shael on May 04, 2009, 10:15:13 AM
What do you guys think about having a similar round to the one now, with a storehouse, but instead of having a distribution day, the storehouse is always open and the clan leader can remove any amount of resources from the storehouse at any time. There would be a time restriction that prevents them from removing stuff too frequently.

I'd enjoy another storehouse round. Soon if not straight away. Cos there were too many possiblities to try out in just this one round alone...a number of different ways of approaching the round which would be fun to test.

Ive forgotten all I thought up about the customizable races round now lol...It could be awesome, but could also go horribly wrong - as Shadow said a fair bit of thinking and restrictions will be required for it to work.

On a side note, I was checking some old immorts for some reason, and noticed a few where people had huge amounts of land like:

Most Land
Im Incognito (#7)
26,335,577 Land

which lead to other crazy stats like:

Im Incognito (#7)
552,922,004,599 Food

or

K?nig (#23)
3,163,102,437 Skiffs

Imagine indying with 26mil land lol. That would be fun.

Blobfish

A theme idea could be:There's 100k pumped to land farm.
Each time someone gets killed, another 50k land is put into the land farm.
The second time the person is killed, no land is released. This would prevent cheating and just ganging up on one player.
Would be fun :D
Worship the mighty Blobfish

Quote from: Blobfish on May 01, 2011, 12:04:37 PM
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.59

Rights are for the weak.

Briar

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Mr.Grimm

Briar

Quote from: Mr.Grimm on May 26, 2009, 10:05:41 AM
Quote from: Briar on May 26, 2009, 02:57:26 AM
No clan round...
Why? Didn't you enjoy this round? :P

As much as i have enjoy these last few rounds (and trust me I'm not being sarcastic) I think we need around to clean the RWL Palate.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Mr.Grimm

Quote from: Briar on May 26, 2009, 11:32:41 AM
Quote from: Mr.Grimm on May 26, 2009, 10:05:41 AM
Quote from: Briar on May 26, 2009, 02:57:26 AM
No clan round...
Why? Didn't you enjoy this round? :P

As much as i have enjoy these last few rounds (and trust me I'm not being sarcastic) I think we need around to clean the RWL Palate.
I think it might be a good idea but it won't stop what has been happening. I think no matter what round there will always going to be wars that blow out of proportion. Like this one and last round's.

Briar

I understand that, and the wars what what makes RWL such an awesome game.  I am suggesting a no clan round to see how everyone a) plays on a more individual bases (compared to clans) and b) how well the RWL community works when only using IM and in-game messaging

Shadow

I think a no clan round is a really good idea to cool things off.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Mr.Grimm

It might. I just know that you will have all these plots and players still working with each other. In the Pearls of Lutra rond, (My frist time playing RWL) Sunflash, Me and Night wolf were in differnet clans and we ended up making a unoffical clan. But it might be a good idea for everyone in all clans to take a break with clans.

Briar

Quote from: Mr.Grimm on May 26, 2009, 03:27:04 PM
It might. I just know that you will have all these plots and players still working with each other. In the Pearls of Lutra rond, (My frist time playing RWL) Sunflash, Me and Night wolf were in differnet clans and we ended up making a unoffical clan. But it might be a good idea for everyone in all clans to take a break with clans.
*sigh* of course when Shadow suggests something, it must be a good idea....

Anyways, Unofficial clans are inevitable, but as you kinda stated, that's how you hooked up with Night Wolf which led to the successful creation of F.O.E...who knows what new clan could come out of a no clan round...

Mr.Grimm

Quote from: Briar on May 26, 2009, 03:30:57 PM
Quote from: Mr.Grimm on May 26, 2009, 03:27:04 PM
*sigh* of course when Shadow suggests something, it must be a good idea....

Anyways, Unofficial clans are inevitable, but as you kinda stated, that's how you hooked up with Night Wolf which led to the successful creation of F.O.E...who knows what new clan could come out of a no clan round...
I think you have good ideas too! I just been so busy plotting to take down your clan I haven't noticed. :P It might be fun do. So yeah, I'm for it!

Saladin

What about a round where you could only have a limited amount of land (ex. no more than 10k at a time)?
Starfish love you

Mr.Grimm

Quote from: Saladin on May 26, 2009, 03:38:16 PM
  What about a round where you could only have a limited amount of land (ex. no more than 10k at a time)?
It would be way to easy to kill people. And you wouldn't be able to support a large army.