Turbo Round Themes

Started by The Lady Shael, October 27, 2007, 11:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saladin

Quote from: Mr.Grimm on May 26, 2009, 03:39:35 PM
Quote from: Saladin on May 26, 2009, 03:38:16 PM
  What about a round where you could only have a limited amount of land (ex. no more than 10k at a time)?
It would be way to easy to kill people. And you wouldn't be able to support a large army.

That's kinda the point...
Starfish love you

Mr.Grimm

Quote from: Saladin on May 26, 2009, 03:45:24 PM
  What about a round where you could only have a limited amount of land (ex. no more than 10k at a time)?
It would be way to easy to kill people. And you wouldn't be able to support a large army.

You want to make it easy to kill warlords?

Saladin

Quote from: Mr.Grimm on May 26, 2009, 03:50:19 PM
Quote from: Saladin on May 26, 2009, 03:45:24 PM

You want to make it easy to kill warlords?

The point of the round would be that it would test your ability to function with as little land as possible. Everyone would start with 5k land and there would be no landfarm. So yeah, a lot of warlords would die off due to land scraping, but heck, that's just a fact of life
Starfish love you

Firetooth

I like Saladin's idea, but I think there should be a no clan no aid round so there's no teamwork what so ever.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Briar

Quote from: Firetooth on May 26, 2009, 04:04:13 PM
I like Saladin's idea, but I think there should be a no clan no aid round so there's no teamwork what so ever.

There will still be teamwork,theoretically depending on how people set up,...just not as initially obvious

Hopefully it would also help people on their solo skills
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Firetooth

Well maybe clans so people can still use the forums for teaching...but no aid? Idk
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Briar

Hm, true, a no clan round would hurt the teaching aspect of the game....but it might also encourage either a) for their to finally be an in-game chat set up *looks hopefully at admin* or b) for more off game chatter to occur (i.e IM)
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Shadow

I think a lot of teaching happens on reg right now, but no clans won't necessarily stop teaching, it just means they will have to chat over IM or IGM instead.

And no, just because I suggest it doesn't make it good, nor does the fact that people agree with me sometimes mean that I have some power over them. Although on the flip side, you can usually predict exactly who will disagree with me without fail, so maybe I do have some power over their decisions ;) heh
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Mr.Grimm

It could work. It might be harder for newer player though. I'm willing to try it.

Why does everyone think that I'm someone else's sidekick? I never worked with Shadow before!

Briar

My previous comment was because when I had suggested no clan round, you argued a bit. But when Shadow gave his backing toward the idea, then you thought it was good.

Mr.Grimm

I was just pointing out some problems I thought of. You know, I think you and me are going to be best friends! ::)

Firetooth

The Shadow thing is old...whenever someone new he trains even supports a post of his forum wise, their called his "sidekick."  I just ignore it lol.

Mr.Grimm

Quote from: Firetooth on May 28, 2009, 02:45:39 AM
The Shadow thing is old...whenever someone new he trains even supports a post of his forum wise, their called his "sidekick."  I just ignore it lol.
He didn't even train me.

Gen. Volkov

I had an interesting idea for a Turbo round. A WW2 theme. Two clans, Axis and Allies, and then players could choose names of countries. I dunno, just a random thought.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Mr.Grimm

I would like to play a round like that. Might be good just to have normal round first though. After that though, I would play it for sure!