Turbo Round Themes

Started by The Lady Shael, October 27, 2007, 11:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Wolf

Ive always like this idea.  ITs been a while since we had a forced clan round...

Firetooth

Quote from: SiegeMaster on February 18, 2011, 03:42:34 PM
how bout a round based off a video game like Halo or something
Two clans, Covenant and UNSC. (is that right? It's been way to long since I played a halo game...)

Also, the races could either be (just a quick draw-up of how the major races would translate):

UNSC

Heretic Elite-Wolf
Human-Rat
Spartan-Stoat
ODST-Marten

Covenant

Elite-Wolf
Brute-Rat
Prophet-Stoat
Jackals-Marten

Troops could obviously go

Covenant
Grunts-Rats
Brutes-Weasels
Elites-Stoats
Phantoms-Skiffs

UNSC
Marines-Rats
ODSTs-Weasels
Spartans-Stoats
Pelican-Skiffs

Obviously Covenant and UNSC would be forced clans. They would also control what race you could be, depending on which one you chose to join. My only worry is people would all flock to one side. I'm not sure. A Halo round might be cool, but it'd need something to make it unique. A lot of the playerbase here probably won't have played Halo, too.

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

How about a round with a new resource like "Rubies" or "Diamonds" that had a high networth value like $10/unit? I'm not sure how you would gain them...but basically the object of the round would be to mass this new resource.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

Quote from: The Lady Shael on March 02, 2011, 04:55:39 PM
How about a round with a new resource like "Rubies" or "Diamonds" that had a high networth value like $10/unit? I'm not sure how you would gain them...but basically the object of the round would be to mass this new resource.
They could be dependant on wokrers, with a mission like scout, forage, spread propaganda etc. called "mine diamonds." You could have a large bonus to how many you mine depending on workers. It would be interesting to make a worker-dependant strat other then casher. (Well, it is a casher of sorts, I suppose.)

You should also give the new item some actual use, maybe in making attacks more sucessful or something, idk, then it could have market value, too.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

I love that idea, workers don't get enough spotlight. Anyone else have any thoughts?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

SiegeMaster

how about a new race like

Mole
ability: mines 20% more jewels

ETC.

Firetooth

Quote from: SiegeMaster on March 03, 2011, 05:33:31 PM

Mole

ETC.
Possible, like Wolf's special spell, but I think it should be a vermin race. Raven or crow would be good, we don't have any evil birds.

Shadow

It would be neat if the only way to obtain the resource would be to trade in troops/cash/food. No way to spend them, no way to steal them, etc. That way, indies could keep lasting net by using this resource, same way that leaders do.

it would actually be a really excellent measure of race balancing to see that all the races are able to finish around the same level with a resource that is handled this way.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on March 04, 2011, 09:55:42 AM
It would be neat if the only way to obtain the resource would be to trade in troops/cash/food. No way to spend them, no way to steal them, etc. That way, indies could keep lasting net by using this resource, same way that leaders do.

it would actually be a really excellent measure of race balancing to see that all the races are able to finish around the same level with a resource that is handled this way.
This also sounds interesting, but I really think we need to introduce some worker-based strats first.

Kyrolin Zenyar

Quote from: Firetooth on March 04, 2011, 09:50:53 AM

Mole

ETC.
Possible, like Wolf's special spell, but I think it should be a vermin race. Raven or crow would be good, we don't have any evil birds.

Magpies...
Highest Rank: 1 (turbo)
Lowest Rank: Last?
Quote from: Krowdon on May 29, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Who goes to war over spam? ohrite, we do. RSL!

Firetooth

Quote from: Kyrolin Zenyar on April 18, 2011, 01:38:11 PM
Quote from: Firetooth on March 04, 2011, 09:50:53 AM

Mole

ETC.

Magpies...
Look at the date, there weren't any birds in the game when that was posted. ;)

Pac-man

You could do a round where you cannot scout once you're out of protection. Land would be way more valuable.
Turbo Highest Rank: #2
Reg Highest Rank: #11

Shadow

whoa, that's a neat idea. Definitely like it.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Pac-man on April 25, 2011, 02:59:36 PM
You could do a round where you cannot scout once you're out of protection. Land would be way more valuable.
I also think this is a good idea. Would there be a land farm, and would there also be a heavier focus on attacking?

One other issues, some races are better at scouting then others. Arguably, they are slightly punished by this, but then again, I still think this would be an interesting idea.

Pac-man

If you took out land farm, land's value would skyrocket because the only source of land would be new warlords.
Turbo Highest Rank: #2
Reg Highest Rank: #11