Down with the League!

Started by Nohcnonk, November 05, 2007, 06:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Quote from: Rough Raiders on November 08, 2007, 01:58:39 PM
I'm guessing so kell. Which if its true, is awfully cowardly... But all things aside, they have played a legitimate game... I dont exactly approve of getting 1/2 the clan to make a run on warlords who are 10 ranks below and not a threat, but hey, its a game, and you guys are right, we should fight back and not complain on the forums.? But its so much easier to complain on the forums? :-P

well said

when the rest of the opposition catches up to where yo uare we will have some fun :-)
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

Cowardly to have an alias?
Yall didnt call Rome cowards, and every single one of them had different forum names

Its all a bit of fun.  If you cant get past that...

As far as attacking warlords 10 ranks below them...?  Thats where the land is.  When the League made its first run the land was evenly distributed from top to bottom.  People in rank 20 had 20k acres while the guys in the top 10 averaged 22k or so.  Its not supposed to work like that. 
And anyways, if you're in first and all 6 of your clanmates are in the top ten, that doesnt leave a whole lot of ranks left before you're hitting 10 below you

Its well known enough by now, but Nova's mine

And we've had this discussion pippin..   Killing is a waste and looked down on.  Crush, sure.  Go right ahead.  But killing is where the line is drawn.  Noone wants a kill war.  Not on Reg.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

EmpNero

A Deranged Emperor of Rome?
Formerly of the clan Rome

pippin the mighty

well i do =) but im like rank 1billion so ill just pick on the newbies like myself

I love that rabbit picture!! he looks like shadow!! i think

Percy

Quote from: Rough Raiders on November 08, 2007, 01:58:39 PM
I'm guessing so kell. Which if its true, is awfully cowardly... But all things aside, they have played a legitimate game... I dont exactly approve of getting 1/2 the clan to make a run on warlords who are 10 ranks below and not a threat, but hey, its a game, and you guys are right, we should fight back and not complain on the forums.  But its so much easier to complain on the forums  :-P
There are many advantages to using an alias. I have not been very subtle about it, however, and I believe nearly all have at least some indication as to my identity; not to mention I have told many. I like aliases for several reasons- primarily it allows me to play a character. But it adds an elusive element, it's a lot of fun, and it disallows any prior knowledge of my ability or style. I don't see it as cowardly, nor does it make me a liar. I have never said I'm not anyone else- deceitful I may grant, if you wish to believe my only intent is to trick.

Cheers for the 'legitimate game' comment, but I'll ignore the rest if you don't mind awfully.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteWhich if its true, is awfully cowardly...

Cowardly? No. It's just fun. ROME had aliases, the Star Wars clan had aliases. Many people have had aliases. Besides, as Percy said, some know, and many have a very good guess as to who he is. Other that a few aliases though, there hasn't been much deception, and certainly no lies. You lot knew what we were about. When the likes of me, Snare, windy and Shadow joined up, well you should have known something was coming.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Darth Tyrannus

I wasn't cowardly to create this account. I was only partway through relearning RWL though. One reason Star Wars clan was not as successful as we had hoped.

I probably revealed it way back when the Star Wars clan broke up, but this account was me. (Volkov)
user posted image
user posted image

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on November 08, 2007, 11:45:00 PM
QuoteWhich if its true, is awfully cowardly...

Cowardly? No. It's just fun. ROME had aliases, the Star Wars clan had aliases. Many people have had aliases. Besides, as Percy said, some know, and many have a very good guess as to who he is. Other that a few aliases though, there hasn't been much deception, and certainly no lies. You lot knew what we were about. When the likes of me, Snare, windy and Shadow joined up, well you should have known something was coming.

I admit, when i found out that you and cody joined i kinda figured what was coming, because you two are unbelievable players alone and teamed up your pretty much unstoppable, which is why i have to try and take the league down!  :wink:
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Peace Alliance

Quote from: windhound on November 07, 2007, 07:08:49 PM
deception and lies?
really?  I dont think anyone from the League ever lied...

with malicious force?
Force, sure.  Malicious implies mal intent though.  The attacks had a purpose other than crushing people.  If somone had 12 mil stoats they would probably be murdered as they would be a threat. 

I think it would be neigh impossible to take the top as fast as the League did without stepping on toes.  Somone's going to be peeved.
So...  dont let it simmer!  Lets see some resistance = P  Hasnt been much of one to speak of, other than mutters on the forum.

It would be a lie, if somebody told me the league intended not to start a war... when you meant from the very start to do so and it's more then just obvious. Thats a pretty hefty lie, I'd say.

Shadow

why is everyone taking this so seriously? if you did the same to me you would not hear me complaining about it, i'd go on the game and do somethign about it. it is far easier to take down an emp than it is to be that emp, so to keep a lead, the emp must eliminate threats to his rulership before they happen. that is what league is doing.

Rough Raiders

Yeah but its far harder to take down a clan of emperors then it is to create a clan of emperors.
Not to mention, having a clan control the top 10 just makes it not fun anymore.
If you were looking to push newer members away, this is probably the way to do it.
Official Forum Acorn Thrower
Holbs is the Master Slicer of MY Acorns with Twin Katana Swords
Leader of the TMNT Alliance
I CLAIM MYSELF THE ALMIGHTY HATED ONE ;)

Shadow

no, taking them down is easy. im tempted to post some ideas but i wont  :-P getting 7 people to work together is very difficult

Orcrist

It is definitely possible to break the League  down- I'm saying that from a matter of experience. There has really never been a truly unbreakable leader or clan. However, please do sit around and complain while we build our huge fortresses on the land. It's nice :)
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Shadow

kell you've been with me for all kinds of takedowns, im sure you know how to do it :-P

Rough Raiders

well when you get the best players in the game all together, beating down on everyone else since theres only 40 other people on the server and no one can get any land or troops because you guys dominate everything, so even us working together doesnt help cause we have no resources!
Official Forum Acorn Thrower
Holbs is the Master Slicer of MY Acorns with Twin Katana Swords
Leader of the TMNT Alliance
I CLAIM MYSELF THE ALMIGHTY HATED ONE ;)