This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota?

Started by Nohcnonk, November 21, 2007, 09:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nohcnonk

This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota

Please contact this site's webmaster.

Wait a few minutes and use your browser's "Back" button or click here to try again.

If you are the webmaster, your account may have gotten this error for one or more of the following reasons:

* Your account has used more than its share of the cpu in the past 60 second sliding window.
    * Your account has too many concurrent processes running simultanously.
    * Your account has consumed too much memory.
    * Your site was recently very busy trying to run inefficient scripts.

The solution would be to optimize your applications to use less CPU.
Adding appropriate indeces to your SQL tables can often help reduce CPU.
Using static .html documents instead of painful .php scripts will practically eliminate CPU usage.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy???

windhound

Eh.
Better than Retto's host, who was threatening to nuke his hosting

atleast it comes back after about 5 min
ways around it are being looked at
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

I've suffered from this problem several times, the incredible answer? I just go on another computer/ laptop :-)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

wolf bite

I had a thought about usage. When people do not remove their recent news and let it sit there, it takes a long time to load the page. I have actually had the CPU go down when reclicking on the main page of accounts with lots of news.

So my question is: Does the program need to fully run all that info each time the page is clicked and could that be causing the problem?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

It's got to get it all from the DB so ya...

Firetooth

that happens to me when I ingame message people ussualy, happened once when I was making peace negotiations...
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

windhound

's not all about you Firetooth
its generally when several people are on at the same time, though you might want to go purge your old messages if you've got so many you're taking down the game when you load the page.

We need condensed news.  IE, Nohc just suicided Nova 48 times.  Would be great if there was just one entry stating that he failed against my leaders 48 times, he lost x and I lost y.  Same with everything else.

Maybe have the news expire after 4-5 days..  and a way to access all the old news, not just the past 7 days, would be nice.  Even if its broken up into pages, say 100 entires per page. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

bjornredtail

Wolf bite: Retrieving stuff from DB really shouldn't be a problem. Execution time of magnitude at the worst O(n) for those of us get O() notation. Basically, it means you only have to preform n operations, with n being the number of data items. O(n) is cheap. Even for an interpreted language. Short of a couple hundred thousand news events, CPU shouldn't be a problem here. Load time might simply be data transfer.... Unless you have some sort of gauge measuring time to generate a page, or a better runtime analysis, I would look elsewhere for our CPU hog.

Similarly, you would have to worry about news search. Simply because you delete a news event from your history doesn't mean it's gone from the DB entirely.

I suppose at some point I ought to do O() analysis of RWL's code at some point.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!