"Honour"

Started by Vengerak, January 11, 2003, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menatus

Well, Krull, usually the leaders of the hordes are very smart, just with the command of many blundering fools. The same doesn't go for this game, as most warlords act like stupid hordebeasts themselves.

I agree with Raine, and also Krull. Why should there be such honor in the first place? In this game, once either your troops start leaving or you don't get a lot of land, you stop attacking the other.

If you were in this game to kill, you'd have to stay at the bottom like Beatles did.

This is a pretty interesting topic, eh?

calria

first off:

CHILL, GUYS! yeesh...

secondly:

while I don't quite go with the whole idea of honour as it's being defined here, I don't think you should just run off and kill everyone simply because they're there. I try not to knock anyone down more than 10 ranks if I wasn't provoked, and between 10-20 ranks if it was retal.

The Beatles

Another great topic...

By the by, the point of no return is a fun place, I've been there often. You start getting negative networth, and if you know what an unsigned integer is, and maybe the fact that the SQL tables for promisance store networth as that, then you begin to get an inkling of that point being == to joy.

Vengerak

Aww. I didn't want this one dragged up... Chiefly because it makes me look bad, the argument is partially flawed, & I was frustrated to the point of rudeness (*Collective gasp.*) at the time with the inactivity & inactive pansy-ness in the top ten.

By the way, Beatles, are you talking about when your Networth goes so low that it comes out on the other side again at ninety-nine trillion, or some similarly ridiculous number?

The Beatles

By no means, Raine. 18 septillion. :P

Ashyra Nightwing

Fun. I remember how many otters I got when that happened...

RazorClaw

I totally agree with Raine on this 'un. Honour? Come on, peoples, this isn't "Prissy daughters of Sir Lancelot" gaming, is it? If so, I'm outta here.

calria

Then again, Happy Pony Raising is an integral part of the game and should be taken less than lightly... but not particularly heavily... and only on Tuesdays not ending in Y...

Vengerak

This is ooooold. Can we stop bumping it?

EDIT - No, the irony is not lost on me. So don't bother.

The Lady Shael

*bumps, just to annoy Raine, because it's so fun, and so she can get revenge for all te times he annoyed her and because even though te topic is really old, and she knew it existed, she never had a reason to post in it*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

calria

*bumps because she doesn't understand what Shael just said*

Also, why exactly does it annoy you, Raine?

The Lady Shael

*bumps to annoy Raine twice in a row(neat....) and to ask Cal what she meant*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

The Lady Shael

*bumps four months later* There seems to be a lot of opinions on honor here lately...which made me wish Raine was here. And this is the closest thing I can get to have Raine arguing for us. Admittedly, it IS ten months old, and everyone seemed to be going against him, but I'm bringing it up nevertheless.

General Austin

Thanks. I really wanted some kind of topic about Honor, and this brings back oooooold memories...Yay!
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

The Beatles

You'll find Raine was wrong. At first it appears you don't need honor, but the playing field is human, and teamwork needs some honor. You will generally find honorable and skillful players easily trumping dishonorable and skillful players.