Pearls of Lutra: Round Details

Started by The Lady Shael, June 28, 2008, 12:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Here are the gameplay and feature details for the round, coming up tonight. =) Reply here if you have any questions.

Pearl Holder location:
This location has a 1.50 2.00 bonus for all location stats. Only one clan can be in this location at a time. To get to this location,  you must kill the land farm account "Tears of All Oceans". Once you kill the land farm, your whole clan is automatically moved to "Pearl Holder". You can't move to any other location (but why would you want to? =p). You can stay in this location as long as you like, until another clan kills the land farm Tears of All Oceans (which is reborn again with 10,000 land). You can drop land to the land farm (only if you are in the Pearl Holder location) to prevent it from being killed.

When a clan kills the land farm, whatever clan currently holds the pearls will be forced out of Pearl Holder, into either Sampetra or Mossflower, depending on their clan.

Sampetra location:
Sampetra is an island off of the coast of Mossflower. It is most well-known for being the home of the Emperor Ublaz Madeyes. This island has high bonuses (not as high as Pearl Holder), but these bonuses come with a price: every time you use turns in Sampetra, you pay a very small tax to Ublaz in the form of cash and food (0.02% of both, per turn!). Sampetra is the only location where you can buy lizards.
Bonuses:
Loyalty: 1.30
Army: 1.30
Scouting: 1.15
Attraction: 1.25

Mossflower location:
Bonuses:
Loyalty: 1.10
Army: 1.10
Scouting: 1.20
Attraction: 1.00

Emperor Ublaz Madeyes:
An emperor account with much resources and land. Ublaz is the ruler of the island of Sampetra. You can attack him and use other leader missions on him, and he CAN be killed.

Once he is killed, the person who killed him becomes the Emperor of Sampetra, and earns the tax of the Sampetra location, except the tax can only be a max of 0.005%. Once the player becomes the Emperor, they have "Emperor" put in front of their name (will be done manually), they are removed from their clan (can no longer join or create clans) and they can't move to any other location (including Pearl Holder).

If you become Emperor, you will have access to a top secret page: Throne Room. There, you can set the value of the tax (can be from 0% to 0.005% per turn), or send a mass-message to everyone on Sampetra. You can still be killed though, and if you are, then the person who kills you will take your place as the Emperor of Sampetra.

Ublaz also has hypnotizing powers. If you attack and/or use offensive missions against him many times, then there is a greater chance he will hypnotize you, which will lock you from taking turns for 1 hour. The more you attack him, the greater the chance of you being hypnotized.  When you start attacking him, you only have a 1/50 chance of being hypnotized and increases from there, but it stops at a 1/10 chance (which pretty dang likely). If someone kills Ublaz, they do not inherit his hypnotizing powers.

Killing Ublaz and becoming Emperor is NOT the main focus of the game...the main focus should be trying to steal the pearls and protecting them from the other clans. But it will certainly make things interesting. =)

Clans:
There are four clans: Ublaz's Army, Trident Guard, Corsairs, and Woodlanders. Ublaz's Army and Trident Guard start out on Sampetra (tax still applies in protection), and Corsairs and Woodlanders start out in Mossflower. You cannot leave your clan (unless you become Emperor). In the first week of the game, all the clan members can vote for a clan leader, and after exactly one week, whoever has the most votes will become the leader of that clan. The clan leader will have all the normal clan administration options (except to boot people from the clan and change clan name and tag).

Lizard Troops:
Lizards are a new troop type only available through Mercenaries on Sampetra. They have an OP of 12 and DP of 9. Their base cost is $5000 and their networth multiplier is 8. Their attack type is Cannibal Attack. (it's just a name, nothing special about it. =p) They can be used in any location, and they are also used in Standard attacks. You can also sell them on the Market or aid them to others.
[edit] Changed: Lizards are now available anywhere, not just Sampetra.

Tears of All Oceans:
This is the land farm account that allows a clan to move to the Pearl Holder location. It starts out with 10,000 land, and every time it is killed, it is automatically reborn again with 10,000 land. Land can be dropped to it if you are in the Pearl Holder location, but it can't receive aid.

Market Networth:
Doesn't count.

Lottery:
Starts at 2 billion instead of 1 billion. =p

Non-theme Features!
[Working] max buttons for mercs, and selling on public market! =D Also, clan forums underwent major behind-the-scene changes, with pagination added!

That's all I can think of for now. I'll edit as needed.

Just for fun, here's the clans that the pearls have been owned by so far, in order:

Corsairs
Army
Trident
Army
Woodlanders <- Current Holder
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Saladin

Starfish love you

Shade

Does sound extremely awesome, question though, you say a player who becomes emperor can be killed, does this mean that players will get unlimited attacks against a player who becomes emperor? It would be rather hard to pull off otherwise

The Lady Shael

No no, once a player becomes Emperor, they are removed from their clan, so no unlimited attacks. They can be killed, it just won't be easy.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Death

Coral

But what is the main goal? What are you trying to do to "win" the round?
Figure Apes are running about.
New here.

Death

Shade and I are dumbfounded, what is "attraction"?

Saladin

Quote from: Coral on June 28, 2008, 01:56:17 PM
But what is the main goal? What are you trying to do to "win" the round?

Collect pearls I think.
Starfish love you

The Lady Shael

The highest clan wins.

And I'm pretty sure attraction gives you workers...

Sharptooh

Wow sounds totally awesome  ;), I think I made a topic about this a while ago, here it is:
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=8968.0

Alazar is Back

Wow, sounds like fun. It sounds a little complicated though, but im sure i will get the hang of it. :D
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Coral

So there is no reason to become the emp? Or can the emp win if he is larger than the largest clanned player?
Figure Apes are running about.
New here.

Saladin

Emperor can tax players residing on Sampetra and gets the title "Emperor."

EDIT: Shael, can you be Emperor AND reside in the Pearl Holder location?
Starfish love you

wolf bite

It will be almost impossible to kill the emperor, that is not the goal. The more you attack him, the more likely you will be hypnotized and venerable to others to take your land you got from the emperor. The emperor is not claned, thus really hard to kill. It is risky to take it to low land because someone else could steal your kill if you got hypnotized at the last moment. If anyone is (however unlikely it is) able to kill him, they go solo and will be unclaned the rest of the game.

The object of the game is to kill the  Tears of All Oceans (#7) to move your clan to the super powered location, then to keep others from stealing your location by protecting the land farm.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

windhound

So the clan that kills the Tears of All Oceans gets moved...
Assuming the clan that kills the landfarm next gets moved, does the original killing clan keep their location or get bumped out?
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't