Slander Works... But Only If It's True

Started by CobyCopper, July 01, 2008, 01:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobyCopper

Some of my allies and friends will know about this. Anyways--attached is a piece of evidence from a few of your fellow players (Shade, Alazar, possibly others). What is this evidence? Is it real? Why would Bob-sama ever betray his allies like that?

So what's that say? Other than the obvious, it says that the person who took the screenshot had been using Internet Explorer 7 to make it. The window had to have been resized, so that the lines in that screenshot and the delete button are aligned. Do note that there is no timestamp on it--meaning no visible date of origin, no time of origin, and no way to really know when this was taken. Please, also note that the style of writing is incorrect. Had I been writing that, you would have seen my "signature" grammar--the over-use of "--", in that message would have likely been separating the first and second lines. Plenty of other places that the evidence would simply not hold water. Consider that there are no other messages from me contained in the screenshot, only that one message. If it had been from me, ever, it would not be present in that form on the current Turbo server.

Note a few other things as well--it's a JPG image that has been saved a few times--I'd estimate 3-4x prior by how distorted it has become. Now then--where's the problem? Is it true? Why is Bob-sama posting something that would harm him?

In short--because it's a fake. It's forged. It's not real--I didn't send that and admins can vouch for that fact. On the other hand--the message was sent. The message was to someone else. The difference is that the message was NOT from Bob-sama (#6).

Quote from: MSN Conversation between Shael and Bob, Tue Jul 01 13:56:25 2008
[13:53] Bob: hi
[13:53] Shael (RWL): hey
[13:53] Bob: question...
[13:53] Bob: can you search the mail system for a particular piece of mail?
[13:53] Shael (RWL): i did
[13:53] Bob: Shade & Co are trying some fun slander
[13:53] Bob: nothing turned up?
[13:54] Bob: or did something turn up?
[13:54] Shael (RWL): i did see the message on the turbo system
[13:55] Bob: where?
[13:55] Bob: and from/to whom?
[13:55] Shael (RWL): it was not sent by you
[13:55] Shael (RWL): that's all i can say
[13:55] Bob: ok
[13:58] Bob: i didn't remember ever writing it
[14:00] Shael (RWL): yeah
[14:00] Shael (RWL): that's photoshopped
[14:01] Shael (RWL): cause it's not from you
[14:01] Bob: yeah--I know

So now--I have to thank those that forged it. Why? Because you're making yourselves out much worse than you could POSSIBLY make me--that you try to break up a team by forging evidence.

Thank you Shael for searching the system and being able to verify that it is in fact forged,

-Bob-sama-

Wolf Snare

Didn't read your post, but I noticed my name dragged into it, pleae refrain from doing that without any proof other than the fact taht you don't like me, and that you like to bash my name. kthx
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

CobyCopper

Quote from: Wolf Snare on July 01, 2008, 01:26:50 PM
Didn't read your post, but I noticed my name dragged into it, pleae refrain from doing that without any proof other than the fact taht you don't like me, and that you like to bash my name. kthx
Sorry--I was stating the names of those who would have intention. I will reorder that list by whom I assume would be most likely to want to harm me.

Death

Hahah, let's not even mention the people pretending to be someone else pressing me for information. This promises to be a very interesting round.

Wolf Snare

Well, don't flatter yourself, I have no intention of harming your name or reputation.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

No, me and snare stopped the flaming before the end of last round :P
That deserves a ban imo, trying to turn me against my allies, eh? I think you need to find another hobby, obviously, its not against any stated rule, but Im angered by this.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

CobyCopper

Quote from: Wolf Snare on July 01, 2008, 01:30:44 PM
Well, don't flatter yourself, I have no intention of harming your name or reputation.
No, but some members you helped last round did. I guess I really have to stop grouping you, Alazar, and Shade so closely together. Also thanks for coming back with your head level. I have a good deal of respect for your playing ability and maturity, something that can't be said of some other players.

Death

Well, you could always pass the Promisance-wide (for the most part) rule against nickjacking here.

Firetooth

Whatever. If shade actually clanned I wouldnt have this problem. The one round it's forced clans he goes and hides behind account names ::)
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Alazar is Back

Wow. Thats really funny! Infact I think its hysterical! Again, i don't know why people always assume that me and shade are so hooked together, he is not my conjoined twin. Geez ::)
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

CobyCopper

Quote from: Alazar is Back on July 01, 2008, 02:16:45 PM
Wow. Thats really funny! Infact I think its hysterical! Again, i don't know why people always assume that me and shade are so hooked together, he is not my conjoined twin. Geez ::)
Because you I don't have any respect for. I find it quite funny that it was your team that thought up the entire forgery, or at least spread it.

Firetooth

Talking to my brother, shade finds some unheard of glee from turning people against each other. Shade, next round unless you clan as shade and duel me you admit you're a coward who's all talk.

Shade

Quote from: CobyCopper on July 01, 2008, 02:25:00 PM
I find it quite funny that it was your team that thought up the entire forgery, or at least spread it.

Hey now, don't go giving Alazar credit for my idea, I thought it up, I made the forgery, I handed it to Firetooth, and he saw to spreading the word around. The only thing Alazar did was be my cheerleader over msn, Alazar does not come up with plans, his job is to bash things senselessly until we're satisfied.

On a more serious note, this whole thing wasn't quite as malicious as it looks, it was more on the level of a practical joke, primarily because no lasting harm would have come of it, I fully intended for you to go Shael and figure it all out, if for some reason you didn't have the prescence of mind to go to her, I had a contingency plan to cause the same effect later on, if you don't believe me, Shael can prove it, as I sent her a message telling her exactly what would happen several days ago.

-Which, I should add, also means you shouldn't be quite so smug that you figured it out and 'exposed' me, your only dancing to my tune  ;)

Edit: Whoops, almost forgot Firetooth, I accept your challenge to a duel, if nothing more interesting comes up between now and then. I'll also happily use the 400 or so turns I'll have left that run after putting you in your place to take Bob on too

CobyCopper

Quote from: Shade on July 01, 2008, 04:38:46 PM
Quote from: CobyCopper on July 01, 2008, 02:25:00 PM
I find it quite funny that it was your team that thought up the entire forgery, or at least spread it.

Hey now, don't go giving Alazar credit for my idea, I thought it up, I made the forgery, I handed it to Firetooth, and he saw to spreading the word around. The only thing Alazar did was be my cheerleader over msn, Alazar does not come up with plans, his job is to bash things senselessly until we're satisfied.

On a more serious note, this whole thing wasn't quite as malicious as it looks, it was more on the level of a practical joke, primarily because no lasting harm would have come of it, I fully intended for you to go Shael and figure it all out, if for some reason you didn't have the prescence of mind to go to her, I had a contingency plan to cause the same effect later on, if you don't believe me, Shael can prove it, as I sent her a message telling her exactly what would happen several days ago.

-Which, I should add, also means you shouldn't be quite so smug that you figured it out and 'exposed' me, your only dancing to my tune  ;)

Edit: Whoops, almost forgot Firetooth, I accept your challenge to a duel, if nothing more interesting comes up between now and then. I'll also happily use the 400 or so turns I'll have left that run after putting you in your place to take Bob on too
I knew exactly who was responsible for it--I just prefer to let them admit it themselves before putting my rep on the line. Anyway--it was malicious enough to disgust me. People like you sicken me--especially since sarcasm doesn't transfer well in words and practical jokes are for friends who can see each other, not enemies. You behave like my father's wife--childish, malicious, and quite simply repulsive. IF you're wondering why I hate you, it's because you and Alazar primarily emulate their behavior--behavior that turns my stomach and has made me how I am today.

It took me a night (since Shael was away) to figure out exactly what you were planning to do and exactly how I can refute it. The only reason I'd expose you so frankly was because the more jackassery you do, the less people like or respect you--saying that anyone beyond your own team likes or respects you.

If I'm really "dancing to your tune", you'll have no problem telling me right now who you are and who Alazar is on Turbo. If you think I had some huge blunder with identities this round--you are right, I did mess up making my introductions. Oh well--I had a number of allies requesting information. In less-familiar games I take another name. As you may or may not remember, I went by "Pacer" in Imperium--where only 2 people who played there knew and only 1 finished. Why? Because I was testing myself solo--I had a powerful strat and I proved that I could out-produce entire clans.

I don't accept challenges like what Firetooth made. That is between you and him--not between you and I. I would prefer to bide my time this round teaching my students--and taking on an idiot isn't my idea of good instruction. With one of my students, I am directly responsible for what he does--for the rest it's merely strategies and questions to be answered. I won't be stupid or immature. And if you think you can "take me on too", you're sorely mistaken. I'm no amateur at this game--and my position leading my allies and friends to their goals proves that. I have knowledge and ever-increasing experience of this particular Promisance code--using BAXX and now Hidden Fox code is what I do best.

windhound

Ah, but Slander's definition is a false statement. 
And it works amazingly well, even if its not truthful.
It works even better if the person spreading the slander has more than two braincells.  Making a decent fake of a text based game isn't exactly difficult. 

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/windhound/messages.jpg

Oh, and Coby...  really?
Apparently you accused Snare...  retract your statement...  then say you knew who was at fault
You really mean you had an idea of who was at fault, but didnt want to say because you /might/ be wrong
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't