Slander Works... But Only If It's True

Started by CobyCopper, July 01, 2008, 01:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobyCopper

Quote from: windhound on July 01, 2008, 05:41:11 PM
Ah, but Slander's definition is a false statement. 
And it works amazingly well, even if its not truthful.
It works even better if the person spreading the slander has more than two braincells.  Making a decent fake of a text based game isn't exactly difficult. 

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/windhound/messages.jpg

Oh, and Coby...  really?
Apparently you accused Snare...  retract your statement...  then say you knew who was at fault
You really mean you had an idea of who was at fault, but didnt want to say because you /might/ be wrong
Then what should I have called this topic? I couldn't think of a word to label this about and I didn't feel like crawling through a dictionary to find one. Right now, defrauding works. Oh well--big whoop, I didn't think of a name for a topic until after I posted it. I generally don't waste my time on fakes either. No reason to really.

What did I do? I basically wrote a quick essay or speech and developed it by introducing with a picture and a number of questions. Then I answered the questions I posed, and then provided contrary evidence. After that I effectively made a few comments, apologized to Wolf Snare, and responded to Alazar and then Shade. I introduce that I knew who it was because I did suspect certain people. One is too mature, another I suspected as being part of it since they're all in a group. The third admitted to it in the forums (and I had concrete evidence from a good time prior). Then I say I won't participate in a duel--I have no reason to and I'm teaching. If I am not doing something specific with a friend, ally, or student, then I may or may not take the challenge. Frankly my plans for the next few months are up in the air--sometimes literally.

As I said--I will not take that challenge this round (July), and I doubt I'll take it next round (August). I know I will definitely NOT take that challenge the month following (September).

Alazar is Back

Hahahahahaha, the almighty Bob speaks. He is starting to turn out just like shadow. An egotistical fool. You are too cocky for your own good, you will never "take anyone on" because you always have this AMAZING strat your working on or now your teaching. Its all just a bunch of crud. If your so dang amazing then why can you never answer to any of the challenges that you receive. If you going to be cocky at least back it up, don't prance around here like you own the place.

Windy sure told you! ^_^

Shade thats not true i do too come up with plans and ideas many times. You forget that you only just came back. I am not the leader of the plans, but i do supply a few of them.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shade

Quote from: Alazar is Back on July 01, 2008, 07:40:58 PM
Shade thats not true i do too come up with plans and ideas many times. You forget that you only just came back. I am not the leader of the plans, but i do supply a few of them.

Bah, lies. You're just a henchman, shaddap and fetch me a bagel

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shade on July 01, 2008, 07:51:34 PM

Bah, lies. Your just a henchman, shaddap and fetch me a bagel

Keep talking it up Mr. Big Shot. I might just have to humble you. ;)

Shade

Bah, I ooze humility  ;)

Here we are insulting each other, and yet everybody is so sure that we work together in everything  ::)

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shade on July 01, 2008, 08:06:08 PM
Bah, I ooze humility  ;)

Here we are insulting each other, and yet everybody is so sure that we work together in everything  ::)

Tis true, 9 times outa ten we are at each others throats. Thank god for snare... :P

Firetooth

Here are my terms shade:

stay clanned all round unless one of us surrenders
dont hid behind a user name
No clan hopping, I guess one explains that
no poisoning allies against me

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

CobyCopper

Hahahahahaha, the almighty Bob speaks. He is starting to turn out just like shadow. An egotistical fool. You are too cocky for your own good, you will never "take anyone on" because you always have this AMAZING strat your working on or now your teaching. Its all just a bunch of crud. If your so dang amazing then why can you never answer to any of the challenges that you receive. If you going to be cocky at least back it up, don't prance around here like you own the place.

Windy sure told you! ^_^

Hmm... me... egoistical fool? No--I don't follow my father in that aspect. You both make yourselves out to be him--greedy, cruel, and without loyalty to anyone and in any aspect.

I am teaching actively this round--I am partnered up with a student of mine and we're working on some strategies. The first few rounds here I learned basic strat, then went on to advanced strat. That advanced strat in particular landed me a solo #3 finish at Imperium. I worked on that strat for about 2 rounds, maybe 3. After that I've been with leadering and school. School's out, but college is outside on the stoop. Last round I was passive until the last 2 days--when The Oblit (confused by being ordered by Shade or Snare it seems) poisioned away all the work of PA and I and barely scratched the surface of what I was actually holding for Shael. Yeah--thanks for that. For that offense, it cost you a #1 finish. As you said before, if Firetooth won then you lost. He won, you lost. Get over it--you pulled too much poo to do a good finish--and you pissed off the wrong people the entire round.

Now then--I'll be getting back to my students (1 direct, 2 being or have been taught the same strat, and helping a 4th on the same favor). Find me a round that I don't have special plans--then I'll beat you in a duel.

kell

ally you can't knock anybodies playing ability, lets face it your nearly always in a clan riding on shades or snares coat tails
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Checkerpaw

Quote from: kell on July 02, 2008, 01:05:11 PM
ally you can't knock anybodies playing ability, lets face it your nearly always in a clan riding on shades or snares coat tails

Truer words have never been written.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Firetooth

agreed
ally, Im not denying you're a good player, but dont knock shadow's ability, he could beat you, bob's been playing a few rounds if he keeps learning as he is he could be a very good player.
Can't we just stop insulting abilities, this is about shade poisoing people not about how so-and-so cant is all talk no skill.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Obliterator

Quote from: Firetooth on July 02, 2008, 01:59:54 PM
agreed
ally, Im not denying you're a good player, but dont knock shadow's ability, he could beat you, bob's been playing a few rounds if he keeps learning as he is he could be a very good player.
Can't we just stop insulting abilities, this is about shade poisoing people not about how so-and-so cant is all talk no skill.
Ok
1.Does anyone remember me and ally working together to effectivly get all of the land that peace had stockpiled with weasels nope i dont suppose anyone has thought about that.
Where was shade and cody then, cody was on the opposite team and shade was not playing. I was only a noob yet we managed to break peace with weasels.
2.Also there was the super emp round where we almost were able to break the emp with rats it was just that people kept on killing him that we didn't do it. Then it was just me and him again.
Anyone care to show how he rode on their coat tails there.

Checker how can you talk as all you have seen him do is work with snare, shade and me. Stick around for a few more months then mabey you will have a better idea.
Kell you should remember this stuff so why knock his ability when other people could say that you are always riding shadows coat tails.

Anyone care to comment.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Alazar is Back

Quote from: CobyCopper on July 02, 2008, 12:41:24 PM

Windy sure told you! ^_^

Hmm... me... egoistical fool? No--I don't follow my father in that aspect. You both make yourselves out to be him--greedy, cruel, and without loyalty to anyone and in any aspect.

This is one of the many reasons why you are a fool. I am very loyal to my friends and allies. That is why i will do WHATEVER I can to help them achieve their goals.

Wow, would you like glasses?

Quote from: Checkerpaw on July 02, 2008, 01:38:12 PM

Truer words have never been written.

You don't have a clue. You have not been back long enough to even understand any of this go spam up another topic.

agreed

I did not knock Shadow's ability, infact over msn today i flat out stated to you that i thought he would own me 1 on 1.

Quote from: The Obliterator on July 02, 2008, 11:48:54 PM
agreed
Ok
1.Does anyone remember me and ally working together to effectivly get all of the land that peace had stockpiled with weasels nope i dont suppose anyone has thought about that.
Where was shade and cody then, cody was on the opposite team and shade was not playing. I was only a noob yet we managed to break peace with weasels.
2.Also there was the super emp round where we almost were able to break the emp with rats it was just that people kept on killing him that we didn't do it. Then it was just me and him again.

Checker how can you talk as all you have seen him do is work with snare, shade and me. Stick around for a few more months then mabey you will have a better idea.
Kell you should remember this stuff so why knock his ability when other people could say that you are always riding shadows coat tails.

Anyone care to comment.

Noone ever seems to notice these things. You also forgot our 4.5bil net on reg, that got destroyed because of some miscommunication. Me and Oblit ( I was still teaching him) massed up 4.5bil net, not bad eh?

EDIT: Typos

wolf bite

Slander is spoken. Libel is written. Both forms of defamation, however libel is worse.

A person that repeats a false statement is just as guilty as the person that first published it.

However to be actionable, there must be damages. Since there is none, there is no defamation.

The question becomes whether the staff at Redwall will get involved? The fast answer is "NO".

This is a game of strategy, and part of that strategy is misdirection. It is an anticipated part of the game that misinformation may be placed in the open in order to get an advantage. Thereby, everyone has consented to that possibility.

IE: "Redtail is about to attack you, you should attack him first"

The staff when asked will verify some information if asked by the person that said (or in this case did not) something or do something.

All I will say is that Bob-soma or any account he could have had access to did not write the letter in question. Beyond that, I am not involved.

(note: defamation concerning someone's personal life will be dealt with as a personal attack.)

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Checkerpaw

Quote from: The Obliterator on July 02, 2008, 11:48:54 PM
agreed
Ok

Anyone care to comment.

Yes -- gas prices are too high
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)