New to the Game?

Started by wolf bite, October 23, 2004, 11:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Snare

I can teach you whatever you want to know. #17 in turbo. Wolf Snare on regular.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

taekwondokid42

nateac

I know this thread hasn't been used in a while but...
I played a game like this years ago but I am still a)trying to remember how to play and b)getting used to this particular setup.
I just started here about 3 weeks ago...
I'm interested in learning more about Casher or Farmer strats (I've never tried an Indy strat but would be willing to try maybe next turbo round.)
I'm doing alright but I feel like I'm missing some small tweaking that's holding me back
I'm Chirp #11 in turbo and Chirp #944 in reg
PM me if you can help.
Thanks

Shadow

I' be happy to help, but I prefer to help on forums because maybe other people will benefit from any answers I give you.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

taekwondokid42

We should start a best cashing strat discussion in the strategy forum.

Maybe I'll do it later tonight

nateac

Shadow
Basic question but how do you/why would you drop land?
Is it basically just allowing someone to take land from you to raise your leader ratio?
I get that a higher ratio gives you a better magical defense... is that all there is to it?

Ruddertail

Since Shadow's offline, I'll answer that for you, but you've more or less got it already. Since offensive leader missions are based on leader/land ratio, you want as many leaders on as low a land as possible for optimal leader defense. When you're actually setting up to defend a pile of net, having a clan mate hit you to low land is more popular than actually dropping, because you can go over the 175 leader/land ratio where you losing leaders if you're actively using turns. But for offensive missions, it's key.

The other reason is to allow clans to run together as a team. Basically, one person grabs the land, uses it, and then spends the last 25-50 turns demoing structures, then drops land. That way, their teammate can pick it up, without having to wait for somebody else to attack them first.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

taekwondokid42

At risk of turning the strategy board into a Taek-fest like the development board, I made a thread for you where we can discuss this and debate the different merits of dropping land.

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=17172.0