Bug, sort of

Started by Juska, November 15, 2008, 10:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juska

I seem to remember that forever and ever you could revolt (change your race) without any requirements if you had not used any turns. I recently made an account on turbo (Perseus #61). Created as a rat because the game guide link in the sign-up sheet does not work to show you the races. Got in the game, decided I wanted to be a wildcat and now I can't revolt.

So, um I'm asking why this feature was taken out, if it would be reimplemented, or if I can get my race changed to wildcat.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Peace Alliance

Hey juska!

I'm not sure i remember this feature, it could be that admins simply changed it upon request if you hadn't taken turns.

I'll go fix that link though, thanks for the heads up

The Obliterator

another idea is that you can revolt as long as you are in protection
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Juska

Could abuse that option Obli, be a huge scouting race then revolt before you break. Seeming that turbo has so many turns and reg is almost never reset it wouldn't be felt very much, but get a few people working together at the beginning of a reg reset and you could have a problem.

I know for a fact that RWL's parent code has the feature to revolt before using turns and had thought RWL itself used to as well.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Shadow

I see no reason why people should not be allowed to revolt freely before using turns.

Wouldn't be hard to code... there is a used turn counter, so while that is 0, revolt is free.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Most other promi's I've played have had this feauture, so I dont see any harm in implementing it here.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.