Regular Reset

Started by Retto, February 15, 2004, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

*looks up* Era 5? *grins* Bring it on.

Not like I'm actually going to be playing the entire time...but I'll be around anyways.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Trogdor 22

Quote from: Trogdor 22First of all, whats BAXX? Why do you even have to reset it?

I think there should be a vote on whether to reset the game now or not.
Could someone please answer my questions?
Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

Scarwake

Why reset regular now? When we've got like a massive clan war going on against Loren??  That just kinda ruins the fun, and I doubt it'll be over by the end of the month...
Hows about we reset regular at the end of March??
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Checkerpaw

I agree with Scarwake, even if I think he's taking some literary license with the word "massive."

I don't think Regular should be reset yet.  This is Regular, after all!  If you want a game to be reset all the time, play Turbo.  

:)  
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Scarwake

Well, maybe massive wasn't the term to use, but it fit a certain perspective of the uprising clans to revolt, if you know what I mean...

But even though its been awhile since regular has been reset, I still would rather see it end in March, to allow things with this clan war to die down and such.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

wolf bite

Quote from: Trogdor 22First of all, whats BAXX? Why do you even have to reset it?

BAXX is the newest and best version of the game with a lot of updates that Retto has been working on.  Most of them people saw in the short game last week.  It is time to put them out so we can use them.  

It seems that there are 2 ways to do this:

Reset the whole game and everyone starts over

Or

Add the program to the game that we are on and some of the data banks and histories will be wiped out.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Trogdor 22

Quote from: wolf bite

BAXX is the newest and best version of the game with a lot of updates that Retto has been working on.  Most of them people saw in the short game last week.  It is time to put them out so we can use them.  

It seems that there are 2 ways to do this:

Reset the whole game and everyone starts over

Or

Add the program to the game that we are on and some of the data banks and histories will be wiped out.

Wolf Bite
Thanks for answering my questions.

It's dumb to reset.
Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

Checkerpaw

I'd go with the second option.  
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Juby (Tercios)

as somebody who has much to lose I still support the reset, it would be unfair to have certain stuff disappear and screw up the game, might as well just start from scratch, the end of march thing sounds like a good idea but I doubt the war will last till the end of febuary.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

caedo caelestis

Should take a vote from the top 20. In my mind they have the most to lose from a reset.

I'd personally say yes to a reset if there are that many features to upgrade. Clean start is better from the administration point of view programming wise as well as the work load. Could be wrong though.

The Weasel Liberation Mov

I find it... amusing... that the people doing the best are more open to a reset. Odd, isn't it?
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Gen. Volkov

Ok, basically, how I see it is this. If given the choice, I would much rather just have the thing reset instead of losing stuff in the database. THe only thing is, I want the reset to be postponed till March or so. Like Scarwake suggests. I have a feeling this war os going to broaden, not lessen, and I'd like to see that before the reset.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Sounds like a nice dramatic exit... The Final War of the Fourth Era. Maybe Mid-March? It should reset soon after the war, as otherwise the game would become verrryyy boring.
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Lereac

I think the reason most of the people who have so much to lose are willing to reset is because they have so much to lose, they've had it all, they've seen it all, they've done it all.

People who are 'good', but aren't 'important' want the chance to develop their 'good' empires more.

Aqualis

Now that I'm over my account being deleted (and my Diablo II character being deleted shortly after) I am for the reset. There were some useful things in BAXX that would be nice to have on reg. I am also for a reset at the end of February, not March.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis