Messing up the servers

Started by Retto, December 23, 2005, 08:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Germania

I simply don't believe that there's an increase of utilization due to nothingness.

Was this increase happening at the same time beatles was running his script?

Not to say there was any intentional malice but sometimes scripts, if used wrong, or sometimes unforseen bugs, can cause server-side lag, or in redwall's case increased utilization.

I remember a few cases back when I used to play on Dark Realm, a private Ultima Online Server. When too many people ran certain macro's with incorrect delays they would lag the server.

The Beatles

I doubt it. People do kill runs fine all the time. My script just fetched the main page news, and slowly at that. Besides, the problem appeared some days after I stopped the script.

Gen. Volkov

Turns have just flat out stopped. On both games as far as I can tell.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Fresh Water Fighters

Yep.
I got 60 turns and then it must have stoped.
~FWF
WWJD?
What Would Jesus Do?

Ruddertail

Turns seem to be running fine for me. They only come once an hour, but they're running fine...
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Josh

really? i've only gotten 120 turns in the past 2 days
nothing during power hours

cloud

"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Ruddertail

Ah, you're talking turbo. I was refering to Reg, sorry. Turbo did seem to be a slow.

Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Gen. Volkov

Turbo was stopped as far as I could tell. Reg is working though. But both problems seem to have cleared up.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ruddertail

Could we increase the rate at which the mercs refil? It's now only hapening at 1/6th of the rate it used to, due to the slower cron updates, but setting it to refil 6 times more per update would fix that problem.

I shouldn't think that would be too hard, just a matter of adjusting one variable, correct?
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

Josh

retto's already been informed
notl ike you have any funds to purchase anything anyways

Ruddertail

I wasn't aware that he had been informed, so I thought I'd mention it.

Josh, do you think I care whether I have funds to purchase anything? I'm not interested in personal gain, I'm trying to help the game function as well as possible. Since I'm not a coder, and not part of the inner circle of people, I do what I can. This is what I can do at the moment.
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

Josh

Naltaca

Yeah, and why don't you just go slam your dingy in a toilet seat while you're at it! 

...dang, tried being arrogant, but I'm not quite on Josh's level.
COOL STORY BRO