Balances for July

Started by Shadow, June 23, 2013, 12:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

I still like the idea of a "remove shields" spell. I'm certain valhall had a feature that could take a certain amount of hours off somebody's shields. Was it 3 or 6? I can't remember, but anyway.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

easy to code, if people want it. Not sure how useful it would be, though
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

I don't like how shields are indiscriminate atm. I think there is too little incentive to keep leaders beyond buffing atm, this could keep things a bit more interesting.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

let's see how the kill leaders attack buff changes the game first

taekwondokid42

As someone who has done multiple leader takedowns this game Firetooth, I'm not sure you are the right person to be complaining about how difficult it is to get past shields (granted, mine were down because I thought the game ended 24 hours earlier than it did -> result of checking the date at midnight and forgetting that the day had flipped).

That's like sevz complaining that it's too hard to lock land.

Shadow

that's actually the decent first leader takedown I've seen in a long time.

You seem to overgeneralize from isolated incidents ^_^ It's why we argue so much in development.

taekwondokid42

Quote from: Shadow on June 28, 2013, 03:59:19 PM
You seem to overgeneralize from isolated incidents ^_^ It's why we argue so much in development.

that's because isolated incidents are my only point of reference :P

but Firetooth did some takedowns on me in reg too, and pip got hit a few days ago on turbo. So I don't think this is necesarily isolated, though this takedown was certainly quite spectacular.

Firetooth

Yeah, all of those takedowns were when shields weren't raised. They just would not have been possible with shields raised in turbo, even at 1% it would still be very, very difficult. The problem with shields is they turn takedowns into a matter of team size rather then skill, as taking somebody with shields down just turns into getting half a dozen people to murder them. I think 3 people should be able to fully takedown any warlord, provided the land is not locked and they have the resources. That was always the number I remember needing before 3.0 (which is the last time I did a leader takedown haha).

Ruddertail

You know, I don't really like this whole "team size vs. skill" dichotomy. Maybe it should take more or fewer people to do a takedown, but building a team, organizing them, getting them all on Skype at the right time to work together. . . that takes skill of a sort as well. 
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward