Slander Works... But Only If It's True

Started by CobyCopper, July 01, 2008, 01:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kell

youve only given me examples of ally working in a team, my point was he never works solo and is always in a team to boost him.
i cant remember him ever winning a set on turbo claned or not, in fact in the last claned storehouse round he wasted the massive lead we worked hard to get

founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Death

Quote from: wolf bite on July 03, 2008, 01:50:15 AM
Slander is spoken. Libel is written. Both forms of defamation, however libel is worse.

A person that repeats a false statement is just as guilty as the person that first published it.

However to be actionable, there must be damages. Since there is none, there is no defamation.

The question becomes whether the staff at Redwall will get involved? The fast answer is "NO".

This is a game of strategy, and part of that strategy is misdirection. It is an anticipated part of the game that misinformation may be placed in the open in order to get an advantage. Thereby, everyone has consented to that possibility.

IE: "Redtail is about to attack you, you should attack him first"

The staff when asked will verify some information if asked by the person that said (or in this case did not) something or do something.

All I will say is that Bob-soma or any account he could have had access to did not write the letter in question. Beyond that, I am not involved.

(note: defamation concerning someone's personal life will be dealt with as a personal attack.)

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)

You mean to tell me that the staff of this website will look through messages from one empire to another and tell another player what they say if the player believes they are being lied to, or am I tired and confused?

wolf bite

No such thing.

We will only verify what a person has done who IS the one asking.

Such as:

"Did "I" send aid to Redtail"
"Did "I" send mail to Redtail"
"Am "I" playing under the name of Bluetail"
"Have "I" ever attacked Redtail"
"Do "I" have 100,000 rats"

Note that above is the word "I" in each question. This is all simple information that the person already knows and can simply be seen on their own account. Since a person can not allow a different player to go on their account, there is no way for them to prove what they can see on their own account. We will go on their account and look. A person can ask us to post it, and at our option, we may post things about their own deeds and stats.

In the issue at hand, Bob-soma already knew he had not sent mail about Firetooth, we only told him he had not.

On the other hand, we will NOT give information about others or information they can not see.

Such as:

"Who is Redtail on the forums"
"Is Redtail plotting against me"
"Is Redtail sending mail to Greentail"

This type of question will NOT be answered.

Wolf Bite
(Admin Duties)
Edit typo
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Alazar is Back

Quote from: kell on July 03, 2008, 10:41:17 AM
youve only given me examples of ally working in a team, my point was he never works solo and is always in a team to boost him.
i cant remember him ever winning a set on turbo claned or not, in fact in the last claned storehouse round he wasted the massive lead we worked hard to get

So Windy also wasted that lead? We were stranded and couldnt move, what was i supposed to do? I have won two sets infact, they may have been before you came here though. I won one, and the other me and Snare adjusted our networths so that we could share the win.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

The Obliterator

Quote from: kell on July 03, 2008, 10:41:17 AM
I am sure i said somewhere in there that i was just a noob back then and ally was teaching me
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Firetooth

Slander/lieing/forging screenshots should be banned as a tactic.
A) It shows lack of skill
B) So much for the "friendly" rwl community "hey, you pwn this site, im too bad to beat you, so I'll get your allies to do it for me!"
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

wolf bite

Hehe, we can not control what people send in their emails and are not going to screen mail for lies. It is all part of the game to lie a bit as diplomacy. All that has been learned is that part of diplomacy may be not believing what is said.

Anyone remember Deadeye? If it was not for lies, he would never have got anywhere. That guy played such a mind games on so many people, who all liked him and did all his dirty work for him.
What talent!

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Firetooth

He obviously lacked ingame talent then ^_^
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.