Congrats... Not Really

Started by Xenzik, June 14, 2011, 10:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenzik

Sun, 12 Jun 2011 20:09:24 -0600
NEW: From Balto (#62) (?)

Next time you sack me even once I will kill you. End of story. We've proven Squire isnt a match for us, please dont make me angry your a rediculous waste of turns.

___
So, I don't mind the war thing. This is a war site so it makes sense. However, PMs like this are exactly what makes new members leave your site. It's a waste of time for you guys to advertise and then have people threatened for doing what their mentors have told them to.

I've been a part of the ROC for more years than I care to mention and have never left a site for something like this before. In fact, I've been totally loyal to every site I've joined since I started Redwall role playing.

So, congrats you guys! This pettiness has cost you a member.

Thanks to Squire for attempting to get me started here. I was having fun until this... bye bye!

Shadow

Far as I know Balto is a new player too - he has no idea what he is saying, just spouting hot air. Please don't leave on account of one whiner.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Kilkenne

I think I'm going to sack him.

Firetooth

(Balto is NW)

Anyway, whilst e may be on opposite sides I would hate to see you go. Unfortunately, sometimes people can be kind of rude. Seeing as it was an ingame threat I don't think it's bad, I've received worse before, as Shadow said he's just spouting hot air. You should stick around, stuff like this happens unfortunately.

Quote from: Kilkenne on June 14, 2011, 11:11:15 AM
I think I'm going to sack him.
:D
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

Agree with Shadow...this overreaction is not something we want to encourage in-game (or anywhere). Unfortunately the staff really can't control stuff like this happening. =/ A lot of the RWL players have forgotten what it means to be a good sport in general.

Even so, don't let this incident stereotype our entire playerbase for you. Players have their good and bad moments, it'll happen in a war game.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Kilkenne

He's not even that rich anyhow. What's he all worried about.

Your raiders gather their provisions and venture forth,
7 empires rushing to defend your target,
Your Army breaks through Balto 's defenses and captures 1,458 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
221,965 Stoats
In their defense, Balto lost:
790,287 Stoats
You also grabbed $38,750,645 Cash!
You also grabbed 75,719,290 Food!

Kilkenne

In related news, the land farm has a ton of land on reg for anyone who wants in on that action because Xenzik deleted his account and it dropped his land.

On the topic of sacks, paging Genevieve to this thread. GET SACKENIN', LADY

Ruddertail

Dude, seriously? You're complaining because somebody threatened your game account on a wargame. . . ? The proper response is to buck up, find some allies, find a better strat, and smash the jerk into the ground. Not be like, "oh no, you threatened me, I'm quitting." Seriously.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Night Wolf

Agree with ruder, whining/leaving because of a threat is slightly pathetic when your playing a war game.

'this is Redwall:Warlords, not Redwall:Happy Pony Raising'

Although my message may be taken as whining as well I was only trying to protect my food while giving him a fair warning

Holby

Quote from: Night Wolf on June 14, 2011, 10:09:21 PM
Agree with ruder, whining/leaving because of a threat is slightly pathetic when your playing a war game.

'this is Redwall:Warlords, not Redwall:Happy Pony Raising'

Although my message may be taken as whining as well I was only trying to protect my food while giving him a fair warning
You're telling someone to stop whining... Because you whined at them to stop sacking you.

I find your your attitude here, and in that message, absolutely disgraceful.  But most of all, I'm amazed at your hypocrisy: You sent a whining abusive message because someone attacked you.

I don't give a darn whether you think it's in the spirit of the game or not, but if you care two hoots about RWL, you won't spend your time trying to chase away new players.

Squire is a training clan, our members are NEW PLAYERS. This isn't the kind of attitude we should subject them to if we want them to stick around.

Your attitude disgusts me.

I will not deleted this

Etendue

I think that Xenzik Vlask overreacted. Seriously, if he was going to quit because of these messages, he should have quit when I was raging at him ingame because he was sacking me to almost zero resources every run. I was being quite a lot worse than NW, I think (I did apologize afterwards though).

Anything within the rules of the game is allowed ingame, so what NW did was completely fine in that respect. Whether or not those actions are in line with the game spirit... well, interpret that how you like. The way I see it is that, yes, NW was overly harsh and that such angry messages should be discouraged, but Xenzik Vlask has been playing long enough to know that this is a war game. If he's that sensitive to threats, then his quitting was completely unavoidable.

Why can't I stay away from this game?

"You're kidding me. Did you just stuff that Aperture Science Thing-We-Don't-Know-What-It-Does into an Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator?" ~GLaDOS

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Etendue on June 15, 2011, 07:57:50 AM
I think that Xenzik Vlask overreacted. Seriously, if he was going to quit because of these messages, he should have quit when I was raging at him ingame because he was sacking me to almost zero resources every run. I was being quite a lot worse than NW, I think (I did apologize afterwards though).

Exactly. It wasn't that this was her first time receiving a message like this (because it wasn't), it was just that this was the last straw.

It doesn't matter whether it's against the rules or not. If you guys want this game to thrive, stop sending messages like this. Sending threatening, whiny, ragey messages at new players (or even anyone) turns them off and the game stops being fun. It was NW who had the first overreaction, not Xenzik.

Your staff puts an insane amount of effort and time into retaining and training new members so the rest of you have other people to play with and so everyone can just have fun. It is extremely sad that all that effort is wasted by one simple message like this.

QuoteThe way I see it is that, yes, NW was overly harsh and that such angry messages should be discouraged, but Xenzik Vlask has been playing long enough to know that this is a war game. If he's that sensitive to threats, then his quitting was completely unavoidable.

The same could be said for NW. NW has been playing long enough (way longer in fact) to know that sacks are part of this war game. She wasn't trying to kill him. She was just using a feature of the game. Sacking is nowhere near worth a kill threat. Sure. Getting sacked blows. Pull yourself together and don't resort to threats because you don't know how to deal with it any other way.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Etendue

We should probably learn from this mistake. I understand from your perspective now, Shael. All that hard work in trying to get new people to play... and poof. It disappears just like that.  And yes, it is pretty darn sad.

NW's message made me scrutinize my own messages. After remembering some of them (particularly that one to bandannas last turbo round), I think a general etiquette guide would be nice to have. This way, we are all reminded of what we shouldn't do, and new players learn how to play properly as they come in.

I hope Xenzik Vlask comes back someday to a slightly nicer RWL.
Why can't I stay away from this game?

"You're kidding me. Did you just stuff that Aperture Science Thing-We-Don't-Know-What-It-Does into an Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator?" ~GLaDOS

Sharptooh

This seems like a slight reaction on Xenzik's part, the game is all about warlords / attacking / killing, and whilst Knight Wolf's message could have been worded more politely I'm still not seeing why Xenzik deleted

Plus I think context is needed, how many sacks did Xenzik do on NW? If it was just a couple then this was a major over-reaction, on the other hand a whole run of sacks on a leaderer can do a ton of damage now those changes to sack have been made, the last few turbo rounds I've lost up to 2 bil food and many billions of cash per day through sacks; talking to clan leaders rarely helps and if in squires case they're encouraging this there's little else to do except resort to violence / threats

Quote from: Etendue on June 15, 2011, 08:37:05 AM
I think a general etiquette guide would be nice to have. This way, we are all reminded of what we shouldn't do, and new players learn how to play properly as they come in.

I think there was a topic about this in development somewhere, maybe we could write a section for it in the game guide??

The Lady Shael

It was 11 sacks, still not enough to warrant a kill threat. Yes it does a bit of damage, but what were you expecting from a war game?? It still astonishes me that people still have the "why are you being mean to me that's so unfair" attitude. The sack feature is there for a reason (to sack people!).

Either way, what's done is done. We lost a promising new player. She more than understood this is a war game, it wasn't the threat that turned her off. It was the whiny attitude.