Congrats... Not Really

Started by Xenzik, June 14, 2011, 10:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Wolf

A simple typo, fixed it now sorry I confused you so much
Quote from: Holby on June 17, 2011, 11:08:32 PM
Otherwise, feel free to keep making posts that would embarrass someone half your age.
Your words hurt my feelings  :'(

Ruddertail

Night wolf -

I talked to Shael. Basically, what SHE is trying to get across - I can't speak for Shadow or Holby - is that the problem is not that you had an issue with sacks, the problem is not even that you responded with a message, the problem is your tone and the way you wrote the message. You can write a message in character or out of character, in an understanding manner or a nasty one, a courteous but menacing fashion. . . or the way you did. What Shael is saying, and I tend to agree with her, is that if you'd written  something to the effect of,

"Dear Sir or Madame,

Your continued sacks are a nuisence we cannot tolerate. These hostile acts - and hostile acts they are - cannot be ignored any longer. We have already proved that we are capable of destroying your clan. Please cease and desist hostile acts, to whit, more than 5 sacks a run. If you do not, be aware that you WILL face retribution.

Cordially,

Night Wolf"

That would have been fine. No problem. Good even. And if Xenzic had quit because of that message, she (Shael) would not blame you for it.

What Shael is getting upset about is the tone of your message, which she feels is aggressive and overly personal. I think she has a point. No, Xenzic didn't need to quit over it, but you also didn't need to send it the way you did, either.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Holby

Quote from: Night Wolf on June 17, 2011, 11:12:21 PM
A simple typo, fixed it now sorry I confused you so much
Quote from: Holby on June 17, 2011, 11:08:32 PM
Otherwise, feel free to keep making posts that would embarrass someone half your age.
Your words hurt my feelings  :'(
Your posts hurt my brain.

I win.
I will not deleted this

Night Wolf

From your last posts it doesnt seem to take much
Dont see whats confusing about it, Ill try to simplify...teach new players that if they overuse sacks it gets annoying. Were you able to keep up with that one?
Also not that it matters now but I did not mean for the message to sound so harsh

The Lady Shael

Lesson learned, just keep that in mind for the future (and that goes for everyone).
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Sharptooh

Quote from: windhound on June 17, 2011, 10:57:59 PM
Landgrabs should never have consequences.

You contradict yourself

Quote from: windhound on June 17, 2011, 10:57:59 PM
If you're stacking cash/food defend it or be prepared to lose some, the game doesn't guarantee you unlimited safe storage.  If a newbie is breaking you this clearly means you have terrible defenses.

As a leader player it's now impossible to defend cash/food unless you have defenses in every troop type which makes land grabbing impossible, makes people angry, and results in retaliation

Poor leader players just can't win anymore  :(

Firetooth

Quote from: Sharptooh on June 18, 2011, 07:22:46 AM

Poor leader players just can't win anymore  :(
Poor leader players, restricted to having the only viable solo strats in the game. :'(
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Dark Claws

Post to anger kilkenne (or however you spell the name).
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant

Shadow

Dark Claws, spam in the spa room please.

Shadow
Modding
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Dark Claws

Hey, I made my point here, they are both to blame.
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant