Question for Warlords of Pain

Started by Gen. Volkov, August 20, 2009, 10:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

Rally went inactive. do you feel like an idiot?

it's not code abuse if someone goes into vacation to protect their networth,
it's called preservation, it becomes code abuse when it's done regularly and deliberately to defend land or avoid retaliation.

there's no reason for you to have any complaints about it, he wasn't landfat, he didn't avoid retaliation

BTW. how many times has he gone into vacation this set? how many times have any of us?

Shut ya mouth Volkov your looking like a winging little girl
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteRally went inactive. do you feel like an idiot?

Not really. It just means my sense of time get a bit distorted. That happens when I don't have a lot to do on a daily basis.

Quoteit's not code abuse if someone goes into vacation to protect their networth

Yes, it is. In my opinion at least.

Quoteit's called preservation, it becomes code abuse when it's done regularly and deliberately to defend land or avoid retaliation.

It's code abuse the first time, and every time thereafter. Going into vacation just to protect NW when you are going to be around and active is an abuse of the vacation function. It was never intended to be used that way, even once.

Quotethere's no reason for you to have any complaints about it, he wasn't landfat, he didn't avoid retaliation

That has nothing to do with why it would be code abuse. However, you are correct that I have nothing to complain about, since windy did in fact just go inactive.

BTW. how many times has he gone into vacation this set? how many times have any of us?

I haven't, one of my clan members has. I dunno if windy has gone into vaca more than once.

QuoteShut ya mouth Volkov your looking like a winging little girl

How about you shut your mouth, since it's obvious you have no clue what you are talking about. You are making yourself look like a total moron. Not to mention misspelling "whining", which only contributes to that moron image. Though a little girl with wings would be a rather freaky thing to see.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Checkerpaw

QuoteHow about you shut your mouth, since it's obvious you have no clue what you are talking about. You are making yourself look like a total moron. Not to mention misspelling "whining", which only contributes to that moron image. Though a little girl with wings would be a rather freaky thing to see.

Any second now I expect to see a response from Firetooth blasting you for having the breathtaking audacity and arrogance to actually bring up spelling.

Sic him, Firetooth!  Go get him.  Make an example out of that miserable miscreant Volkov!!!!
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Firetooth

Rich coming from me, but t3h drama..

WOP are owning, but they have a bigger, more active imo, clan. And they have sevah :P

Quote from: Checkerpaw on August 22, 2009, 09:24:39 AM

Any second now I expect to see a response from Firetooth blasting you for having the breathtaking audacity and arrogance to actually bring up spelling.

Sic him, Firetooth!  Go get him.  Make an example out of that miserable miscreant Volkov!!!!

Bad volk, bad! >:(

I must say, this "debate" is rather silly. Yes, I hate people using vaca to help them win, protect net etc, and I think it is code abuse. However, until the admins  do something (I know they're busy), you'll just have to get used to it.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Marell

Sev, Checker, Alazar, Neo?- you guys were not around last time Windy and his crew intentionally went into vacation to protect net. It was pretty recent, certainly recent enough to warrant Volk the right to inquire about Windies reasons this time around.
But sure, you's can all keep arguing with him if you enjoy being wrong.

windhound

Er.  Marell.  Volky.  We've been over this.
I had no intention of playing over that holiday weekend.  There was no safe place for the net to go, the opposing side decided to be cheap and preemptively destroyed all their leader defenses.  I was asked to hold the net and I agreed, no part of the net was mine.  I was a solo party at the time.
I took the net with me into vacation.  I brought it back out at the end of the weekend.  I cant believe yall are still on about this.

I think the solution is to just remove vacation from turbo.  As moronic as it is, it would shut all you turds up.

BTW, I find it hilarious that the day after I told you I idled out and that Rally was mine, yall destroyed 3 bil net.  Entirely my fault ofcourse, I slacked off and didnt have permi-raised defenses.  Gotta admit though, I kinda take it personally ;)  "oh gawd its windy, destroy him!"
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

Yah like you destroyed me when I was peacefully food netting  ;)
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteAny second now I expect to see a response from Firetooth blasting you for having the breathtaking audacity and arrogance to actually bring up spelling.

The thing is Checker, unlike you, I don't use spelling mistakes as my entire response. I make a point first, and I may or may not mention the atrocious spelling. Which is really what Firetooth hammers you about.

QuoteBad volk, bad!

LOL, whatever.

QuoteEr.  Marell.  Volky.  We've been over this.

Yeah, and I seem to remember you admitting back then that it was a cheap move on your part.

I had no intention of playing over that holiday weekend.  There was no safe place for the net to go, the opposing side decided to be cheap and preemptively destroyed all their leader defenses.  I was asked to hold the net and I agreed, no part of the net was mine.  I was a solo party at the time.
I took the net with me into vacation.  I brought it back out at the end of the weekend.  I cant believe yall are still on about this.

I'm not "still on about it", it's just that you had done it once, for whatever reason you might want to claim, and I have little reason to think you wouldn't do it again. So when you went into vaca with a bunch of net, I asked. By the way, there is nothing "cheap" about planning well and making a first strike in order to make it easy to destroy the net when it comes out of the storehouse.

I think the solution is to just remove vacation from turbo.  As moronic as it is, it would shut all you turds up.

No, just voluntary vacation, leave idle vacation as is.

BTW, I find it hilarious that the day after I told you I idled out and that Rally was mine, yall destroyed 3 bil net.  Entirely my fault ofcourse, I slacked off and didnt have permi-raised defenses.  Gotta admit though, I kinda take it personally Wink  "oh gawd its windy, destroy him!"

We already knew it was you windy. It's one of the reasons I posted, remember? As for the net destruction, that had actually been an idea we had been kicking around for awhile. We decided to do it then because by our calculations, it was the best chance for us to catch you with your pants down and make greatest use of the 40 or so attacks available to us.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

windhound

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on August 23, 2009, 11:36:07 AM
QuoteEr.  Marell.  Volky.  We've been over this.

Yeah, and I seem to remember you admitting back then that it was a cheap move on your part.
Yes.  I -was- cheap.  But cheap isnt against the rules and is also subjective.

QuoteI'm not "still on about it", it's just that you had done it once, for whatever reason you might want to claim, and I have little reason to think you wouldn't do it again. So when you went into vaca with a bunch of net, I asked. By the way, there is nothing "cheap" about planning well and making a first strike in order to make it easy to destroy the net when it comes out of the storehouse.
See?  Subjective.  You knew the other clan had out done you and the only way you could win was a cheap trick, that's how I read that tactic. 

No, just voluntary vacation, leave idle vacation as is.
Nope.  There's been discussion on this, it leaves a loop hole open.
In short, someone can intentionally idle out and their allies send them all the net an hour or so before vacation hits. 
The only work around seems to be to extend/reset the idle-out time everytime they receives aid.  Problem is that 100 skiffs sent by an unfriendly could extend the idle-out indefinitely. 
I'm in full favor of nuking vacation in Turbo, it takes a full week to idle out anyways.  If you've not run in that time you're probably picked over already and idling out wont help much.

BTW, I find it hilarious that the day after I told you I idled out and that Rally was mine, yall destroyed 3 bil net.  Entirely my fault ofcourse, I slacked off and didnt have permi-raised defenses.  Gotta admit though, I kinda take it personally Wink  "oh gawd its windy, destroy him!"

We already knew it was you windy. It's one of the reasons I posted, remember? As for the net destruction, that had actually been an idea we had been kicking around for awhile. We decided to do it then because by our calculations, it was the best chance for us to catch you with your pants down and make greatest use of the 40 or so attacks available to us.
Er.  No.  The first time my name was mentioned in this thread was when I said it.  If you knew/suspected I was Rally you never let on.  Not that it really matters, but eh.
The timing is still amusing. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Checkerpaw

QuoteThe thing is Checker, unlike you, I don't use spelling mistakes as my entire response. I make a point first, and I may or may not mention the atrocious spelling. Which is really what Firetooth hammers you about.

Judging by this thread, the rest of your response consists of you making an idiot of yourself.

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Marell

See?  Subjective.  You knew the other clan had out done you and the only way you could win was a cheap trick, that's how I read that tactic. 

It was a storehouse round wasn't it? We didn't know how we were fairing compared to you guys leading up to distribution, but suiciding everyones leader defences in preparation was brought up in discussion days before the distribution, and was a smart tactic imo. Sorry to continue an old arguement  :-[

Nope.  There's been discussion on this, it leaves a loop hole open.
In short, someone can intentionally idle out and their allies send them all the net an hour or so before vacation hits. 
The only work around seems to be to extend/reset the idle-out time everytime they receives aid.  Problem is that 100 skiffs sent by an unfriendly could extend the idle-out indefinitely. 
I'm in full favor of nuking vacation in Turbo, it takes a full week to idle out anyways.  If you've not run in that time you're probably picked over already and idling out wont help much.

Yeah, sounds good to me.

Er.  No.  The first time my name was mentioned in this thread was when I said it.  If you knew/suspected I was Rally you never let on.  Not that it really matters, but eh.
The timing is still amusing. 

We knew who made up your clan (Sev had proudly informed myself and others over msn lol), just not who was who.
But it doesn't take too long to figure things out, there are always plenty of clues. Most were obvious, and I/we assumed you were Rally by process of elimination.

And we had been planning doing something for days...I logged on and Volk also happened to be online.
We both had plenty of land from our last runs, so we could afford to use credits murdering instead of grabbing land. Plus we had an easy target, so we went for it (not saying you are an easy target, just saying you were on this occasion due to your inactivity).

Firetooth

Quote from: Checkerpaw on August 23, 2009, 01:31:52 PM
QuoteThe thing is Checker, unlike you, I don't use spelling mistakes as my entire response. I make a point first, and I may or may not mention the atrocious spelling. Which is really what Firetooth hammers you about.

Judging by this thread, the rest of your response consists of you making an idiot of yourself.
As we've seen, Checker is cleary in the position to make such statements...

Gen. Volkov

QuoteJudging by this thread, the rest of your response consists of you making an idiot of yourself.

Takes one to know one I suppose. After all, you make an idiot out of yourself very often, in your ridiculous arguments with Firetooth. So if I were you, I'd just keep my mouth shut.

Yes.  I -was- cheap.  But cheap isnt against the rules and is also subjective.

Well, since you admitted it was cheap, which means you admit that you went into vaca mostly to protect net, and not because you were actually going to be absent, I think that moves it from just being a cheap move to being actual code abuse. It is not against the rules, but as Wolf Snare as advocated, it darn well should be.

See?  Subjective.  You knew the other clan had out done you and the only way you could win was a cheap trick, that's how I read that tactic.

Actually, we knew it was a pretty close thing, and we just wanted to make sure no one else could touch us. So we destroyed the leader defenses of a the other clan in a pre-emptive strike, didn't seem cheap to me, but meh. That is basically a subjective judgment, but it's not code abuse.

Nope.  There's been discussion on this, it leaves a loop hole open.

It would be extremely difficult to make work though. Unlike with voluntary vacation, there is no 3 day lockout. So your buddies send you net, and you idle into vaca, then you come back out, and your enemies have a full week to destroy that net before you can idle out again. One could figure out a way to make it work so you could abuse idle vacation to a win, but it would be much more vulnerable and require extremely precise timing from the whole clan.

The only work around seems to be to extend/reset the idle-out time everytime they receives aid.  Problem is that 100 skiffs sent by an unfriendly could extend the idle-out indefinitely.

At that point, your account is probably so ruined, it wouldn't matter anyway.

QuoteI'm in full favor of nuking vacation in Turbo, it takes a full week to idle out anyways.  If you've not run in that time you're probably picked over already and idling out wont help much.

I'm in favor of that too.

Er.  No.  The first time my name was mentioned in this thread was when I said it.  If you knew/suspected I was Rally you never let on.  Not that it really matters, but eh.

We were pretty sure you were Rally, but no, we didn't let on, why should we reveal how much we knew about Warlords of Pain? It was enough to simply ask why Rally was in vaca. I can show you the messages between Marell and myself, prior to me posting this thread. Suffice to say, the words, "that's windy right, he's done this before hasn't he" were written, or a reasonable approximation thereof.

QuoteThe timing is still amusing.

Yeah, I guess it is, but it wasn't really purposeful as far as going, "GET WINDY!!!".

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Firetooth on August 24, 2009, 11:58:57 AM
Quote from: Checkerpaw on August 23, 2009, 01:31:52 PM

As we've seen, Checker is cleary in the position to make such statements...

Oh, this is rich.  Volkov called, and he just said: "How about you shut your mouth, since it's obvious you have no clue what you are talking about. You are making yourself look like a total moron. Not to mention misspelling 'clearly', which only contributes to that moron image."

Firetooth

Lol. It's called a typo. It doesn't mean I can't spell it. What, like embarassing? (appropriate word for you to mispell, seeing as that's all you are...)