lolBots -- The random account take over explained

Started by windhound, July 25, 2012, 08:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

they weren't all sacks and my point is from 2k down i was getting average 5-15 acres. At that rate would of taken another 500 turns to kill. I prepared the kill then came to collect it an things seemed bugged. I'll kill some else to prove it?
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

Again, you're imagining things because it's me. But whatever it takes to feed your eternal victim mentality.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Shoot

Quote from: Sevz on August 02, 2012, 07:28:50 AM
they weren't all sacks and my point is from 2k down i was getting average 5-15 acres. At that rate would of taken another 500 turns to kill. I prepared the kill then came to collect it an things seemed bugged. I'll kill some else to prove it?

If it wasn't purely bad luck (which is easily possible), it could be a land bug. Earlier this set I had roughly 2500 acres that wasn't showing as built or free land before it got fixed, and the land gain formula from attacking (assuming it's based on the stock QM Prom code) takes from unbugged land only, so maybe some other people got hit with it too? If someone was bugged in this fashion, you'd eventually start gaining 0 acres once they ran out of buildings/free land to take.

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Kyrolin Zenyar

Now, I don't know either Sevz or Shadow very well, so I'm not taking sides, but it seems to me that, logically speaking, Sevz's claim that Shadow is "using the bugs to make him win" and is therefore corrupt doesn't jive with his other claim that  Shadows is zero for zero since he joined.

Also, I like the new Turbo look!
Highest Rank: 1 (turbo)
Lowest Rank: Last?
Quote from: Krowdon on May 29, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Who goes to war over spam? ohrite, we do. RSL!

Firetooth

Quote from: Kyrolin Zenyar on August 25, 2012, 02:27:47 PM
Now, I don't know either Sevz or Shadow very well, so I'm not taking sides, but it seems to me that, logically speaking, Sevz's claim that Shadow is "using the bugs to make him win" and is therefore corrupt doesn't jive with his other claim that  Shadows is zero for zero since he joined.

Sevz doesn't understand the concept of "logic."
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shores of Tripoli

Why is it that when I see a big long multi-paged thread that I haven't seen before I always click on the last page to find that the conversation has once again, broken down to an argument about Sevs' lack of logic?

Durza

I have no idea shores, and I think very few could answer that question
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Sharptooh

Quote from: Shores of Tripoli on August 25, 2012, 03:48:45 PM
Why is it that when I see a big long multi-paged thread that I haven't seen before I always click on the last page to find that the conversation has once again, broken down to an argument about Sevs' lack of logic?

Maybe because most of Sevah's claims are nonsensical?