LAND FARM FOR EMPORER

Started by abartell, June 19, 2011, 03:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloud

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 23, 2011, 12:15:19 PM
Shadow's right, the very definition of landfarm means dropped land goes to that account. If dropped land doesn't go to it, it's no longer a landfarm. It's just a robot account. If it's a robot account with tons of armies and resources, that by definition, is an Emperor account. I think that's what you guys want, not really another landfarm.

This.

Turbo emp rounds are a lot of fun, unfortunately I probably won't be around long enough to participate in any near future ones.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Ruddertail

We could call it Landfarm of Doom.

Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Firetooth

How come land farm has marketed troops?

(new!) Skiffs    Land Farm (Free Land) (#19) (?)    7,639    $2,600    
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

Someone has been aiding it troops. One of the admin landfarm maintenance duties is to sell off troops whenever it has some. Landfarm is supposed to have no troops or leaders.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Daryn

Lol. I commend that person on their task.
Pies.

Dark Claws

Well, say if we had a robot account called Landfarm 2.0 who did nothing but scout all day, then new players would like him. And steal and sack his land. Which he would scout once a day. And we'd call him, Landfarm 2.0. And we could also make a Landfarm 3.0 who does the exact same thing. And then we could boost up normal Landfarm while temporary Landfarms, 2.0 and 3.0 take care of the Landfarm duties. Plus, having another robot account would be just plain cool.
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant

Uiblis

Why not make all dropped land multiply?

Whenever you drop an acre to land farm, it multiplies it by 100000 or something.
I don't know how much empty land is worth anyway, but I'm willing to bet that'd make it untouchable by anyone.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Shadow

I don't think you guys understand the point of the land farm. The point is that when someone drops land when there is no land farm, it disappears from the game. The farm was put there to stop that happening, because there was always some annoying git who would try to ruin it for everyone else by dropping all the land.

If we make the land farm untouchable, then dropped land might as well drop out of the game. So for all intents and purposes, emping the land farm is the same as removing it from the game entirely.

In short: Why bother? Why not make one of yourselves emperor?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

The current landfarm already scouts once per day. 450/550 turns of scouting, every day. These suggestions are something that probably belongs on Turbo, definitely not Reg. Reg is the default setup of the game, with no special modifications.

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Uiblis

Lol Shadow, its just funny.

And making myself emp with all those sacks that keep bringing down my net...is difficult.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Ruddertail

Lulz. Try actually attempting to emp, rather than just stacking food. You know. . . something that involves troops? Defending your land/food/etc? That sort of thing?

Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Sharptooh

Quote from: Ruddertail on June 25, 2011, 12:30:10 PM
Lulz. Try actually attempting to emp, rather than just stacking food. You know. . . something that involves troops? Defending your land/food/etc? That sort of thing?

How do you suggest a solo leaderer go about doing this?

Ashyra Nightwing

You could always make a bit of cash as well as food and then buy up troops at the end of your run to protect from sacks, I guess

Sharptooh

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on June 25, 2011, 02:50:48 PM
You could always make a bit of cash as well as food and then buy up troops at the end of your run to protect from sacks, I guess

Waste of cash, indiers would break through easily, and then you'd have to sell the troops up before your next run anyway, a net loss, by quite a bit

Most leaderers would probably break you too, just by buying out rats with their leftover cash, and possibly getting angry with you because you were "locking"

Ruddertail

Oh noes. Somebody might - gasp - get mad at me if I try to emp?

That's the whole point of emping. You take over the game in the face of opposition. Sitting on the top for 7 (or 10) days barely counts. Especially if most of that is in food net. Troop net at least takes some effort to gain and support, especially if you're solo.

But really, if you want to take over the game solo, ask Sevz. As far as I know, almost everybody who's done it has had a team of some sort.

Edit: Actually, part of really taking emp is locking land in some fashion.
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!