Different Ways of Abusing Land

Started by taekwondokid42, May 27, 2013, 08:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

I haven't tested any of these but here are some ways I've thought of to flood the game with land. I don't know that these should be considered abusive either. Flooding the game could be considered a legitimate tactic, and -should- make locking land more difficult because it becomes more difficult for the emp to control majority of the land, at least in the short term. That's not really how this turbo round played out, but (from what I've pieced together, I didn't get here until sevz was at 400k land) I think that sevz already had a lock on the game when the flood happened.

1. drop down to 1 land, scout for 1 turn, repeat. do it 20 or 50 turns at a time if you are lazy. This could produce 44k land per run.
2. 2 teammates clan up, in opposing clans and go to war. guy A scouts for 8 turns, guy B attacks guy A once. Rinse and repeat. Guy A will eventually need NW to keep up with guy B. If my estimates are close, this would produce around 10k land per run. If there is a guy C who is also attacking, guy A only needs to scout for 4 turns each time, and the whole strat will get more effective.
3. Always hit the land farm (Lando?) down around 100 land, because then the land farm will produce much more land when he runs in that case.

That's all I could think of.

Uiblis

1 seems the most abusable on paper, albeit time consuming

2 would be almost impossible to coordinate correctly

3 takes too many turns, waste

also off topic but dayum, can I hire you as a theorycrafter? how do u even come up with this stuff
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Shadow

1 doesn't work, you can't scout for 1 hour after dropping any land. the others take so much effkrt for so little gain they would never be used
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Drakus

I did #1, and that's why Sevz has all the land. You bypass the scouting restriction because you have 1 acre.
meow

Firetooth

Surely there is a better way to prevent #1 without preventing scouting for an hour after dropping?
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Quote from: Drakus on May 28, 2013, 06:15:00 AM
I did #1, and that's why Sevz has all the land. You bypass the scouting restriction because you have 1 acre.

no, you bypassed it by deleting repeatedly. the restriction on new accounts droppinv land will solve yiur problem.

edit its possible thevtime restriction got lost somehow, ill fix that too

taekwondokid42

The code I read said that you are allowed to scout regardless if you are below 60 acres. This was probably put in as a measure to prevent people from being killed after they dropped land to attain a hut ratio or something like that. One big problem is that whatever amount of land people come out of protection with is how much land someone doing the 1-land-scout-drop person would be able to add to the game. It's an exploit that doesn't get used very often and has the potential to make the game interesting, especially because the person doing it is at easy risk of being onlined and killed, and all of the land goes to the land farm.

I definitely don't like the time limit on dropping land. 3 days is also too long for new accounts, make it like 12 hours or something.

A different way to fix it is to have some safety on the land farm, so that recently scouted land doesn't get added to the land farm. Or just add a simple if statement that prevents land from going to the land farm if the person who dropped it had less than 2k at the moment they dropped it.

I've been thinking that the scouting equation should be changed anyway. imho, it gives too much land when you have hardly any and it gives too little land when you have a lot.

taekwondokid42

[double post - but]

I think I have a good solution. All the time based solutions have an issue - you can think of some semi-plausible scenario where someone would need to scout at a low amount of land in order to save their life, perhaps repeatedly. Consensus also seems to say that attacking someone repeatedly simply to flood the game with land is too tedious, and takes too many turns (especially when you factor in healing).

So the solution is to simply not allow anybody to drop below 2.5k land. For people dropping land to get their leader ratio high, a 2.5k minimum shouldn't hurt, because really you shouldn't be dropping that low. If you are that low and need to get up to ratio, you can alternate between building and scouting and you'll quickly achieve enough leaders to have a 150+ ratio at 2.5k land, but really a scenario like this should be rare. There's always someone you can attack.

At this much land, the scout-drop-scout-drop routine won't be anywhere near as effective.

Shadow

I think windy took care of this, he will probably post details once it makes it into the servers