RWL Duel Server

Started by Peace Alliance, December 12, 2004, 08:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Didn't I just say that??
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

Hmmmm. Idea just came to me. What if the duel is for only 10000 turns, and whoever is on top at the end wins? That would solve alot of these problems.

YEAH! SEE! I did! BAD cloud! Stealing my ideas!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Peace Alliance

I don't think there has to be a reward, people would WANT to duel, just to prove they are better... and if we find in the long run that people aren't dueling we can consider adding a reward in, but the reward would have to be different all the time according to how the game is, someone would have to be constantly changing it.

also, what if we made it so it was 2000 turns, but you only get the turns every 30 minutes? that would make it hard for someone to simply wait untill the other guy has wasted their turns anyways..

and the land farms cold take the land of the winner whenever he wins, since the accounts would have to be automaticall deleted when the duel is over, all the excess land goes to the land farms, plus all the farms scout 100% of the time... there would be plenty of land.

orcist i had a team dueling server idea before. i actually called it the "gladiator arena" take a look for the topic if you like :-D

Orcrist

Hmm- I can't find the topic Peace...
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Peace Alliance

The Gladiator arena idea

you forgot to make your search go back more then 30 days :-D

unfortnately the majority of that topic is crammed with beatles arguing, but what topics aren't? lol.

[edit]
and now that i re-read it i think that my gladiator idea was great too! I don't get you people, i come up with commanders, i have idea's like this all the time, i'm always active, i have tons of other cool ideas. in fact, even the reg discussion forum was MY idea long ago... and yet you didn't vote for me?
a well, i'm over it :P

Juska

I didn't vote period, I don't think I could get on the come that day, or I was too lazy to pm the admins, it shoulda been a poll.  
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Gen. Volkov

Sure Peace.. you are over it, my left foot! Whatever. The only reason I suggested a reward is so that people who duel actually get something out of all the time and energy they put into it. I'm not suggesting a large reward. Just a small incentive, cause I know that I won't duel just to prove a point. I'll get bored and let my self die. However, both sides should get a reward, but only if both sides stayed on the whole time. If one logged out and the other guy killed him, it wasn;t a fair fight and thus no reward. A fair fight with both on represents real commitment, and I think that should be rewarded. Even the loser, though he should a slightly smaller reward than the winner, because he lost after all.

Peace Alliance

people could place bets on the duelers in the betting section, and the duelers could both wager money on who will win beforehand.

Peace Alliance

wolf or shael could you please move this to the developement forum so retto actually sees it please?

The Lady Shael

Will do. *moves*

~Shael from Calgary
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Guthorm Swordmaster

I don't have much to say about this apart from this.It is a brilliant idea.

bjornredtail

Ok, what if you are challenged to duals from two different warlords, and you accept. Should the game compinsate for this, or just not allow it? Or it could set up a seprate dualing account for each engagement.

Perhaps a challenge from a turbo warlord could be accpted by a regular one. Only thing is the possibility for abuse, espically if goods can be wagered. Also there is the question of scale, as goods on turbo are worth less on.

There is also the question of learning curve, and RL time advantages. Someone who puts more time into the game gets to open more duals, thereby profiting in regular. Also, there is the learning curve problem.

I personally think this feature would not be hard to implement from a technical standpoint. Some light modifactions would have to be made to the attacking system to prevent the attack of hordes that you are not dualing (except land farms), and to disable aid. Heavier modifacations would need to be made to the skin system so you can keep track of what horde you are playing as.

I personally think as a result of the overhead needed from a players prespective, this is unlikely to be used by the majority of players, sortof like the attack force distrabuation system.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!