Lottery equasion

Started by taekwondokid42, October 18, 2008, 07:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taekwondokid42

This is a lottery equasion I have been working on. It is open to constructive criticism. This equasion is designed to make the lottery a more used part of redwall, without overpowering it.

edit:

What if we just made the lottery the total amount of NW in the game?

Marell

Thats not a bad idea.
I know I generally go in the lottery at the beginnign of the round when the cash makes a big difference, but as I get higher networth I dont bother because its not a really significant amout of cash... With your idea it would keep increasing all round. Right now in turbo it'd be about $6.8 bil, and I'd certainly be getting in on that.

taekwondokid42

In reg it'd be even greater, which is fitting as there are more people and there is more land.

edit: Which reminds me, while more people would mean more total NW, it would not multiply entirely evenly. So I added a portion to compensate for more people.

[Total Networth]*[1+[Total People/100]]

edit again: Actually, I think it'd be better if we just jumped the price a certain amount per ticket entry (more than just the ticket price, because some tickets only sell for like 200k for the lower players). Maybe the price jump could be [Ticket Price]+[Total NW/Total People].

As of now I'm just spinning ideas around. I think that total NW+ticket price is the best solution. But better ideas (or any ideas) are welcome.