Vacation Fix

Started by Peace Alliance, June 10, 2009, 06:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Not really clear which side you are arguing - in one breath you say vacation is fine as it is, in another you go on about how easily abusable it is. So are you then arguing that we should allow abuse? I mean, you do it all the time, but you aren't known for acknowledging it ^_^

A vacation goer will typically not have enough enemies to get smashed into nothing in the time it takes for him to go on vacation, unless they are in a war, in which case it would likely happen anyway. The suggested fix would cause no harm that wouldn't happen anyway, and I suggest a trial of this for a few moths to show it.

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

Another possible fix could be having around 6 attacks on a vacationed warlord when they are in vacation.
It could work because it would stop large amounts of land being put into vac to protect it.
Also mabey there could be a net cost like 10% of your net is killed off.
And or a cost in cash.
This could work because it would stop large amount of networth going into vac because people will want to lose as little as possible net.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

For now, can we at least say that vacation abuse is against the rules so that nobodu tries to do it while we work out a viable fix?

Wolf Snare

you know where I stand on this, and I think once you see how well that eliminates the problem you wont worry about a coding solution.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Well then, let's get a statement from the admins about it, and a coded fix can follow if anything comes of all these vacation abuse strats that are floating around.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteIt's as easy as setting some ground rules Volk. When I am not in my g/f's room in the dark, attempting to be quiet with each keystroke, I'll make an attempt at what those may be.

I just don't think it's that easy. It's a special case and needs a special solution.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

TheSpaceman

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on June 20, 2009, 10:14:25 PM
QuoteIt's as easy as setting some ground rules Volk. When I am not in my g/f's room in the dark, attempting to be quiet with each keystroke, I'll make an attempt at what those may be.

I just don't think it's that easy. It's a special case and needs a special solution.

Its a special case in storehouse rounds, that I agree with, and ive already said how id fix it in that case.

But on a normal round or reg its abuse, pure and simple, and for once I agree with shadow.  Untill it can be 'fixed', be that by a simple outlawing of the strat or some code fix or whatever, it should be clearly stated that it is against the rules.
Look up!

Gen. Volkov

Spaceman, I would really suggest you read this whole thread before you respond, if you did, you'd find that I already agree with Shadow.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

Space, I still think (know?) we are going to need a coded fix, because even the rules against clan hopping aren't stop people from doing it on turbo. But in the interrim period, a rule will have to do.

TheSpaceman

Sry, volk.

Wasn't sayin that you didn't agree Volkov, was just usin your post to make my point.  There are some pretty specific circumstances in this area that need to be considered.
Look up!