Ladder

Started by Retto, April 07, 2004, 03:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retto

What are your feelings on the ladder system? To describe it more in-depth:

All uses start in the first era (location: Southsward), and the top ten in each era (location) accumulate minutes at the top, while the rest of the game looses minutes at the top (at a rate of 30minutes every 10 minutes), going no less than 0 minutes at the top. when they get to 2+2*era days (that is, 4 days for southsward, 6 for mossflower, and 8 for northlands), they graduate to the next era.

The goal of the game is to get to the highest era first, and prevent others from reaching undeserved promotion.

Turning the ladder on disables Move North, Move South, Burrow, Prepare Raiders, and Recall Raiders.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Juska

I like it alot, seeing you gain leaders and loyalty 50% slower in northlands than in Southsward. Magers will have a tough time.  
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Orcrist

Heheh- I dislike it for that very reason. I normally end up switching to a "mager" strat. The loyalty/leader penalty really hurts.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Wildwood

I hate the ladder concidering my race is fyitcheye.  
Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

Retto

do you think flitcheye should have a different special ability on ladder games? if so, what?
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Darth Sidious

Well... Unless they get a really good special skill, some of their bonuses should be improved...
user posted image

Retto

Do you think it should be made so that people on vacation do not loose minutes at the top, but also do not gain them?
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

sh0e

did flitcheye get new abilities?
maybe you should give it increased defense or powered feast? lmao powered feast would be a dream come true

if you change vacation behavior i think itd be unfair to change it immediately.. or at least without a public announcement in warning a day or two before
but yes i do agree that vacation shouldnt gain minutes.. it is slightly unfair that they can get a free ride by stocking up nw and then vacationing

windhound

that works methinks..  as long as they arnt knocked out of the top ten, then they should still lose min. like everyone else..  

maybe you could make it possible to send aid despite location..  I keep tryin to drop down in ranks so I dont move on, 'cause once I do I cant help my clan members in mossflower..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

sh0e

maybe you should be allowed to choose to move on
or maybe make it "unlock" moving north.. just a thought
i can think of a lot of ways this idea wont work tho

i dont know about losing minutes tho.. that doesnt seem right
vacation is supposed to be a state of stasis.. of unchange because the user is not available
and making vacationers only affected by negative effects of time.. dunno

wolf bite

If on vacation, you are not counted as being in the top ten, but do not lose time. Don't think we should have aid to differant places, to easy to make one of your clansmen win without them having to work. Or if people want to send aid, should only be sent south. But no changes should be made until the reset.

Should only the top five of mosflower get time, after all, there are only 20% (20 people) and it is not a great feet to be only in the top one half?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Garagas Ledavas

Add something for aid-sending, as windy said.
Reg- Garagas Ledavas #248

Turbo-Garagas Ledavas II #139

Former Reg. Accounts-

Garagas Ledavas #152 - 10

Darth Bane #47 - Emperor

Former Turbo Accounts-

Garagas Ledavas #168 - 10

Garagas Ledavas #9 - 2

Garagas Ledavas #7 - Emperor

user posted image

sh0e

Quote from: wolf biteDon't think we should have aid to differant places, to easy to make one of your clansmen win without them having to work. Or if people want to send aid, should only be sent south. But no changes should be made until the reset.

Should only the top five of mosflower get time, after all, there are only 20% (20 people) and it is not a great feet to be only in the top one half?
i wholly agree with wolf bite