Auctions

Started by Trogdor 22, April 15, 2004, 03:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trogdor 22

I think, when an empire dies, there should be this place were all their troops, food, loyalty, etc. go. It would be kinda like a market, but people would bid.
Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

Riverpaw

Well, there should be an auction place where anyone can put stuff up for auction. It shouldn't just be for dead empires. Anyone can put up stuff, and even unused land (maybe even leaders) should be sell-able.

Also, maybe this needs to be moved.
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Ashyra Nightwing

Yeah, auctions would be fun! It would be a good way of getting rid of excess stuffage..

Stan(NM)

I think that's a bad idea, it's teh dead empire's nw, a testament to it's greatness without any land left.
Auctioning that nw off would be stupid, pointless, and time consuming.
How would you auction? In real time? What about peoplewith 56k modemS? Who would be teh auctioneer? If there is no auctioneer, it's highly abuseable, and who wants to waste time double checking all this useless junk? I say get your own nw, and get off this topic.
 .~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
.  A man's solace is in his independence,   .
. my solace is found with your ignorance.  .
 '~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Devari

I agree with Stan, although in less harsh wording...

Veranor

Quote from: Stan(NM)I think that's a bad idea, it's teh dead empire's nw, a testament to it's greatness without any land left.
Auctioning that nw off would be stupid, pointless, and time consuming.
How would you auction? In real time? What about peoplewith 56k modemS? Who would be teh auctioneer? If there is no auctioneer, it's highly abuseable, and who wants to waste time double checking all this useless junk? I say get your own nw, and get off this topic.
I don't think we should do it but:

1) If you run a 12/24-hour auction the only way 56k people would lose out is through sniping, and come on.. if you can't snipe on a text based page... how slow could it be?

2) You could leave the networth standings for dead people... the turns script either doesn't recalculate it anyways (what a waste...) or could be made not to do so.

3) Lastly, what "useless junk" would you have to check? Auctions could be an interesting addition to the game.

Instead of saying it's abuseable, point out why, so we can give you solutions.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Stan(NM)

It would be ignorant to suggest only a few reasons of abuse, when there may be many more.
Why would I prove myself foolish?
Maybe you should stop thinking of ways to undermine genuine thought and think of a safe alternative from auctions.
Who would want an auction go on for 24 hours?
Who would want their networth auctioned off?
If anything, it should go to the destroying horde, not the highest bidder.
You have to fight for the land, not pay for it, why make an exception for networth?
 .~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
.  A man's solace is in his independence,   .
. my solace is found with your ignorance.  .
 '~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

sh0e

to the victor goes the spoils.. could give some benefits for killing a horde.. as of now there are no real benefits to killing
but i get the feeling on these forums killing is a big no no.. so i think we can safely scratch that idea

Devari

That is a REALLY good idea. Amazing!

I think I may put that in my own game.

Veranor

Quote from: Stan(NM)It would be ignorant to suggest only a few reasons of abuse, when there may be many more.
Why would I prove myself foolish?
Maybe you should stop thinking of ways to undermine genuine thought and think of a safe alternative from auctions.
Who would want an auction go on for 24 hours?
Who would want their networth auctioned off?
If anything, it should go to the destroying horde, not the highest bidder.
You have to fight for the land, not pay for it, why make an exception for networth?
You'd auction off their things that make up the networth... and I'm pretty sure you can buy those.

Though I agree, the killer should get the spoils of war.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org