Alternatives to the 72 hour rule

Started by Shadow, June 08, 2008, 04:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Quote from: Alazar is Back on June 22, 2008, 11:15:43 PM
It is not a bug, and you do too. You have abused the aid bug which you knew about, and the time on reg when it costed no health to attack so dont try and feed me full of that BS.

Unlimited aid isn't a bug. It's still there. It shouldn't be, but it is. And the no health thing I posted right after I realized it was happening, halfway through the run. I wasn't about to ditch a run because of it, but I got rid of the bug as soon as I talked to Shael next. So I re-state: I choose not to abuse known bugs in the code if I know they are going to be changed. I play the game as though they already are changed.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

ImperialPhoenix

I agree that players should be locked in clans rather than being locked out the clan because you should have a choice to join any alliance you wish as soon as you leave an alliance that isn't treating you well.

Now if you join a clan, then that is your choice. When allied, you should stick to the clan, work as a team and not bail out as soon an enemy wants to retaliate.

Shael, is it right to allow a bad clan leader let their clan members do all their dirty work making an army and resources just to immediately expel them from the clan with no benefits? That warlord must then wait 3 days before joining another alliance to get revenge for the time wasted to be part of such a bad clan.

The Lady Shael

What everyone's saying makes sense to me, but the one you should be convincing won't be available here again until September. But I'm sure we can work something out for the summer.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on June 22, 2008, 11:30:06 PM
Quote from: Alazar is Back on June 22, 2008, 11:15:43 PM
It is not a bug, and you do too. You have abused the aid bug which you knew about, and the time on reg when it costed no health to attack so dont try and feed me full of that BS.

Unlimited aid isn't a bug. It's still there. It shouldn't be, but it is. And the no health thing I posted right after I realized it was happening, halfway through the run. I wasn't about to ditch a run because of it, but I got rid of the bug as soon as I talked to Shael next. So I re-state: I choose not to abuse known bugs in the code if I know they are going to be changed. I play the game as though they already are changed.

Sorry, not unlimited aid, but being unclanned and sending aid to someone more than 3x higher than you. You and Bob both managed to go the whole set without saying anything....
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Alazar is Back

Until i hear her say that i will not believe you. Even then im sure you abused it before you reported it, i doubt you stopped sending aid. Actually i know you didnt.

Wolf Snare

I say just leave it how it is. If the admins didnt try to fix this in the first place, there would be no issues.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shade

And frankly, clan leaders need to be able to kick people out of their clan that they don't want inside regardless of whether or nor they have been inside 72 hours, or it'll be too easy for someone once on the inside to decide to betray the clan and be untouchable for several days while enjoying access to clan forums and such

ImperialPhoenix

Quote from: Shade on June 24, 2008, 11:18:56 PM
And frankly, clan leaders need to be able to kick people out of their clan that they don't want inside regardless of whether or nor they have been inside 72 hours, or it'll be too easy for someone once on the inside to decide to betray the clan and be untouchable for several days while enjoying access to clan forums and such

There is actually ways to handle thing such as this.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: ImperialPhoenix on June 24, 2008, 11:38:18 PM
Quote from: Shade on June 24, 2008, 11:18:56 PM

There is actually ways to handle thing such as this.

Such as?

ImperialPhoenix

You can simply cut the beneficial supply line from the traitor forcing the player to go solo.
Another way is to set up a bounty and allowing any clan to quickly kill the traitor.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: ImperialPhoenix on June 25, 2008, 12:38:05 AM
You can simply cut the beneficial supply line from the traitor forcing the player to go solo.
Another way is to set up a bounty and allowing any clan to quickly kill the traitor.

Bounties are not really taken often here. Many are posted, but few are answered.

ImperialPhoenix

The players are being cheap then, they must not make deals that is worth wasting turns on.
One good deal is to sacrifice your alliance gain for a kill(1 member can do a super resource making run for a clan that can fuel many if resources is efficiently used).

Juska

Phoenix makes a good point, seeing that your locked in clan for 72 hours, if you do betray them that's time that can be used to kill you.

But you could always wait until after 72 hours and then your just back to square one basically.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

The Lady Shael

So obviously this 72 hour lockout is not working out.

The problem with allowing leaders to boot people even with a 72 hour lock-in is that it's a loophole. People who don't wanna be in a clan for 72 hours will just ask the leader to boot them, rendering that rule useless.

A way to fix this is we can still add the 72 hour lock-in, but to prevent unwanted people from betraying the clan, clan management can have the option to allow people to view the forum or use clan benefits (unlimited aid, unlimited attacking). Yeah, it's a bit annoying, but you can have the option whether to allow it automatically or not. So if you want the extra security, then put it up.

And I did hear about the aid bug....can't remember if that's the one I fixed...there were a couple.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.