for my clan

Started by Blood Wake, July 17, 2009, 02:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blood Wake

I am posting multiple strategies for people to choose from in our clan forum. so far all I have is an indy strat PA taught me, and I will post my leader strat up when I have time to type it out.

will anyone who is willing please type up your strategy for me to suggest to new players? thank you
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Pippin

I have a pretty basic Wolf Leader Strat if you would like it?
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Blood Wake

I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Firetooth

Dam I have some for you, all basi but eh. Ask Krowdon from EOTP they should have them
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Krowdon

I dont have anything Firetooth. where did you post them?

They may have gotten deleted though as we are cleaning out our clan forums.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Night Wolf

I have a copy of the basic leadering strat Marell taught me saved to my forums if you want it

thomaskreisman

In your first 100 turns: spend all of them scouting what you build on the land you get will very by strategy.

note: when I say "gather land" you do that by attacking people with drive.

standard attack = uses all troop classes (don't do this ever!)
Gorilla strike = uses only rats
bombardment = uses only weasels
frontal assault = uses only stoats
naval assault = uses only skiffs
enslave = uses all troop classes and captures workers (never use this, ever!)

Some Basic Strats

Indy: Run 1: be a rat or lizard preferably a rat then after you scout away all 100 turns then wait for full turns to do anything, always wait for full turns to start your run, once you have full turns build 25% markets and foragers and 50% barracks, gather land (35k minimum) then build on it with 50% barracks and 25% foragers and Markets, after you have enough land scout away all your turns.

Run 2: sell max troops to mercenaries then buy max food from the mercenaries, you will lose networth by doing this but you can use the cash and food you get to re-produce those troops and more, without that cash and food and you will lose all your troops, you might as well get cash for it, so after you do that gather land like normal (this time 40k minimum) and build 98% barracks and 2% huts, once you have enough land scout away all your turns but do it in groups of 25 and getting smaller as you go because if you run out of food or cash you will lose 3% of your army, I know that doesn't seem allot but if you use 25 turns with 0 food or cash that's 75% of your army gone, you don't want that, so pay attention to your food levels and cash amount, if you run out of turns or cash or food then wait for full turns and do this all again, also one more thing on this strategy, you are expected to lose cash and food every turn on your 2ed run on out that means you have allot of troops, this is good, keep doing that over and over again.

Leader, casher strat:

1st run: be a stoat or martin preferably a martin, build 10% markets, 5% foragers, and 85% huts on the land you scouted then gather land (35k minimum) and build 5% markets and 5% foragers and 90% huts, make certain that your cash and food production is in the green if not build markets and foragers to compensate, when you have green food and cash with 35k minimum then earn loyalty with all renaming turns.

2ed run: gather 35k land minimum and build 5% foragers and markets and 90% huts then spend all turns earning loyalty.

run 3: once you have over 100 leader hut ratio (you should have that when you start, if not destroy huts or capture leaders) then spend all possible turns looting if you are a stoat and gold mining if you are a martin do this until you run out of loyalty or turns, if you run out of loyalty spend all remaining turns earning loyalty, then wait for them to re-generate and from then on out alternate doing run 2 and 3. at the end of the round (if reg re-sets ever again) spend all cash on troops to get networth.

Leader Strat, Farmer:

Run 1-2: be a wolf or stoat, wolf is recommended, do the same thing for the leader casher runs 1-2.

run 3: the same thing as leader casher run 3 but instead of looting or gold mining do feast if you are a stoat but if you are a wolf do enrich one time and then use feast until you run out of loyalty or turns, if you do run out of loyalty spend all remaining turns earning loyalty, then wait for more turns and alternate run 2 and 3 over and over until the end of the round (if reg ever re-sets again)

Those are the basic strategies or strats as they are known as, I recommend them to new members, these next strats are more complicated but effective.

No Leader Strats
These strats are to be used in rounds of turbo with no leaders or if you want a challenge in reg.

Forager: run 1: be a wildcat, after scouting build 90% foragers and 10% markets, then gather land (40k minimum) and build 90% forages and 10% markets, after that forage all remaining turns away.

run 2-all: same as run 1

at the end of the round buy max troops.

Looter: same thing as forager but with looting swapped out with foraging and foragers and market switched around.

at the end of the round spend all cash on troops.

Blood Wake

Marell sent me two strats, they were very good help. and thank you too Thomas for all that you've done within the clan

h

Juska

Not a strategy, but some general tips:

You gain an offense bonus (20%) against enemies in your war slot and will not get desertions for too high/low. When you do your run hit the low empires outside of your war slots first, then hit enemies in your war slot, then hit high empires outside of your war slot at the end of your run (assuming you gained networth) in order to minimize desertions.

It's always smartest to attack the player with the most land first so you get the biggest boost possible quickest.

Keep an eye on your enemies land and always attack players with more land when possible.

Check out the info page of other warlords, useful information is listed.

Keep a spell shield up all the time.

Plan ahead and keep resources for 50 turns on hand all the time, you don't want to be caught without food @ 20% health and have to burn loyalty on spells with terrible returns (health effects attack strength, cash income, and all spell returns).

You will gain more land from targets that do not have troops than from targets that have a lot of troops.

Keep your tax rate @ 11% if you don't know what your doing.

Always end your run @ 100% health if possible.

Minimize your upkeep whenever possible. Have troops you don't need? Aid them to a friend, put them on the market for safekeeping, or sell them on the mercenaries. It will cost you more money to pay upkeep if you plan on running at least 200 turns than it would to sell and rebuy.

Mercenaries refill slowly, both buying and selling.

Check the market for deals on troops before mercenaries, and know before your run if it has food on it if you need it.

Camps reduce Mercenary buy costs and increase mercenary selling costs, build 35% of your land as camps for maximum benefit.

For the above: I find it useful to attack someone at the beginning of my run, get enough land to have 35% of my land as freeland and then build that all into camps to then buy/sell if needed. That way you don't waste turns demoing.

Want to know if an enemy has a troop hole or is very low in one type, but can't get his stats with an espionage? Send a standard attack his way, but only send 1,000 troops of each type. If you don't kill any of one type of your enemies troops or very few then you know he is weak in that type.

Oh and, Send messages to other players in the game! It's much more fun when you have a dialogue to go along with your actions. Don't be afraid to roleplay a bit and immerse yourself in the game beyond the raw numbers and text.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Blood Wake

ah, very good stuff Juska, thank you very much.

h

Firetooth

Thomas you didn't mention dropping land. Btw if you do Stoat right you make more cash in the long run then marten. And the only way to get ove ra 100ratio without dropping is to be a stoat.
But yeah I'll make cash next round for the newbs.
Make your clan read this:
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=10263.0
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.