4 (20%)
Retto
9 (45%)
wolf bite
14 (70%)

Total Members Voted: 20

The Lady Shael

Yep, I just went there.

And I know you newbies never got to know the old admins....but I'm sure you've heard a lot about them.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ungatt Trunn II

wolf bite because he actually still posts
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Holby

You mean which are our three favourites?
I will not deleted this

The Lady Shael

Yeah...I decided to change it to three favorites cause I couldn't pick one myself.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

wolf bite

Votes for wolf bite

*looks both ways to see if anyone noticed*

They are all good people. Although Retto left on not so well terms, he still did a lot of work when active. Ad the Rat really loved this place and it showed, so had to give him a vote.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Blood Wake

I voted for the same three that Woof did
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Firetooth

I don't know anybody besides  Ragefur (I worked with him one turbo round) and Wolf Bite but he still has his powers, so I voted for Ragefur.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

Aww I forget you people joined after Retto disappeared.

Ragefur though? He came back for a bit?

Firetooth

Quote from: The Lady Shael on March 03, 2011, 11:00:34 AM
Aww I forget you people joined after Retto disappeared.

Ragefur though? He came back for a bit?
I joined just after Retto left. :(

He did, I was his "illegitimate son" in his own words :P
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

I don't remember any of these old admins (I mean obviously I remember Wolf Bite but he's still around)

I have some vague recollection of Ragefur

Also just out of curiosity (I know this question has been asked before) can anybody tell me exactly why Retto left? And why there's only a picture of his arm in the RWL photo album 0_o

wolf bite

Why Retto left. Gezzz you will get different stories depending on who you ask.

My version:

Retto was almost as nice a guy as windy. Retto took over all the programming after Boze left. Retto was a "ok" programmer. Other people started demanding more than he could do. Other people and sites started to come here and spam the forums badgering the little otter (retto spelled backwards). Retto just hid his head because he was not a fighter. Then those people started to prove the flows in the program by hacking it. You can see this as evil or proving a point. No matter. Retto could not keep up with the time to keep bringing the site back on line and fixing all the people from bugging his program. So with Peace, Shael and me just standing here, he vanished. We 3 admins did not have full access and tried to run the games the best we could. Eventually Retto returned and handing over the controls. We have not seen much of him since.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Firetooth

Quote from: wolf bite on March 03, 2011, 04:05:20 PM
Why Retto left. Gezzz you will get different stories depending on who you ask.

My version:

Retto was almost as nice a guy as windy. Retto took over all the programming after Boze left. Retto was a "ok" programmer. Other people started demanding more than he could do. Other people and sites started to come here and spam the forums badgering the little otter (retto spelled backwards). Retto just hid his head because he was not a fighter. Then those people started to prove the flows in the program by hacking it. You can see this as evil or proving a point. No matter. Retto could not keep up with the time to keep bringing the site back on line and fixing all the people from bugging his program. So with Peace, Shael and me just standing here, he vanished. We 3 admins did not have full access and tried to run the games the best we could. Eventually Retto returned and handing over the controls. We have not seen much of him since.

Wolf Bite
By others, I guess you mean the beatles?
Either way, I'm not suprised Retto left. Those ingrates (studying great expectations!) should've been banned permenantly for hacking the site to prove a point.
Still, he should've handed over control. I guess he just got fed up of people being so ungrateful, though.

wolf bite

One of the reasons I was made Admin was because I am a fighter with an iron fist. I defended Retto and banned people. They could call me all the names they wanted, it did not hurt. Hehe.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

The Lady Shael

Wolf pretty much said it. Retto was an awesome admin, and he was very passionate about developing for RWL, but those people did not make it fun for him. I don't blame him for getting discouraged (although he could've said something earlier instead of just not doing anything for a year+).

Retto and Stormclaw had some great ideas, and they ran RWL very well back when it had 200+ players. I've been re-reading a lot of the ancient topics lately, trying to take notes and see what lessons can be learned from what they did right and wrong.

Also the blender pic was his (joke) submission to the RWL photo album. Back in the day, Retto was very secretive about his real-life identify. I've mentioned this quote from Stormy many times: "All we know about him is his supposed gender."  But we're pretty sure now he's a guy. Like 99% sure.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteBy others, I guess you mean the beatles?

It wasn't all Beatles, there were several others back in the day who also hacked the game. Not all did so just to prove a point.

QuoteEither way, I'm not suprised Retto left. Those ingrates (studying great expectations!) should've been banned permenantly for hacking the site to prove a point.

I believe Beatles was permabanned for doing that.

Still, he should've handed over control. I guess he just got fed up of people being so ungrateful, though.

Retto did a lot for RWL, and we were grateful for what he did, but some of us got more than little fed up with not being listened too.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES