Procrastination

Started by windhound, February 24, 2004, 08:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

*yawns*
as I sit here, prodding my english project, I wonder how many others of my class are doing the exact same..  I'm fairly sure over half..

the lastest I've ever stayed up working on somthin school-related was 5:30 am, by that time I didnt even get to sleep, just gave my bed a longing glance, packed up my stuff and took a long shower..

so how 'bout the rest of yall?  or are you all perfect students who always pace themselves and never ever let anything get over their heads..   ;)  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Juby (Tercios)

I am a horrible procrastinator, every time something big comes along, like a 3000 word essay for the culminating I usually have to pull an all nighter, but one peice of advice, if you have a paper in front of you, get out of the forums eh, I know stuff like this delays me immensely.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

IFman

I get sidetracked, but I do most of my homework at school so the longest I've stayed up is 10. I am sidetracked right now, I've been on for 2 hours and haven't done any of my homework *tries to do homework*
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

The Lady Shael

Last year, I thought I was the worst procrastinator, but that was before I took APUSH.

This year, I've stayed all the way up to 4am, trying to finish notecards, outlines, DBQs, and FRQs. It's been driving me insane. On average, I go to sleep at about midnight.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

windhound

Quote from: Juby (Tercios)...but one peice of advice, if you have a paper in front of you, get out of the forums eh, I know stuff like this delays me immensely.
*big yawn*
almost done..  and it's only midnight..  not too bad..  
neah..  I check the forums and do other stuff because my mind needs a break about every hour or so..  it doesnt do well with English for a few hours strait..  'course, I cant handle anything remotely strenuous for any lenthy amout of time..  
my brain is sizzling right now...  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ashyra Nightwing

3AM, possibly...curse these long essays...

calria

*shudders at Shael* DBQ's... in APUSH I hated them with the fiery passion of a thousand brimstone-filled corn muffins. But in AP World, which I took the next year, they were the bomb.

Nohcnonk

I don't procrastinate any later than midnight...

Myrhakel

I've procrastinated all night long. Much fun.  
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Ruatine

Honestly, I don't procrastinate. I'd rather get what needs to be done, done, so I can have fun later. It's kinda fun to laugh at all the girls on my dorm floor who are cramming all night for a test while I sit back and twiddle my thumbs.... *evil cackle*
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

baska

Normally 'round 1am for me....Ah wellll....

Aqualis

I've never had to do any school past when I get to quit. It's always done.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis