Victory!

Started by Ruddertail, June 22, 2007, 12:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruddertail

The searat walks among the carnage. All around are strewn the bodies of the defeated army. Badtooth pays no mind. Bigoted of purpose, he continues on.

Up ahead, he sees the thing he seeks. The great Water Rat, Gloomer. He draws his cutlass, not sure whether the water rat still lives...

It does. With a growl, the Gloomer leaps to its feet, and charges. Badtooth is caught off guard, and throws himself into a sideways roll, barely dodging a blow from the Gloomer's claws. The Gloomer turns, and once again Badtooth utilizes the roll, kicking off the ground and landing back on his feet.
Now he goes on the offense. Charging forward, he slashes at the Gloomer's head. Gloomer blocks it easily, and he backs off a step. Then he goes in again, feinting right, then leaping left and slashing at the Gloomer's side, before spinning back to his original position. It works.

Already off balance from the feint, Gloomer throws himself left, too far. He makes one last desperate swing, but Badtooth ducks, and the force fully overbalances the water rat. As the Gloomer staggers, Badtooth lunges forward, uncoiling like a spring and driving his cutlass deep into the Gloomer's evil heart.

The huge rat staggers back. He lifts his head to the sky to roar, but makes no sound. His eyes roll back in his head, and the he collapses to the ground. Dead.

Badtooth steps foward. Retrieving his cutlass, he wipes it carefully, then lifts it to the sky.

"VICTOOOOOOORY"

QuoteGloomer (#5) has been destroyed!

Well, to my understanding, that ends this turbo round. If not, well, we'll just have to keep killing the remainder of Gloomer's people for the fun of it.

- Ruddertail
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

wolf bite

And a very fine job you guys did.  The admins still had some problems and bugs we were working on.  One of those bugs was that attack limits would not kick in until he had 21 land left.  I am not putting down your win, Both sides were under the same bugs.  Congratulations!

As far as what to do next, we are still deciding.  On one hand we would like to get reg up and running as fast as we can.  On the other hand, we have bugs to work out or someone in reg could take over way too fast.  For the time we are thinking of leaving this turbo round up and see is Stormfin can be taken down.  Maybe even a reset of this round with the corrected race stats and such.  But this is all still just closed room talks.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ruddertail

Thank you, Wolf. And Congrats team, Snare and Fang especially, but Volkov pitched in as well. Everybody was helpful, at least as far as getting net, I'm just mentioning those who actually helped in the take down itself.
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Gen. Volkov

I would have been a much bigger help, had I known what was going on LOL. Anyway, congrats everybody. And yes wolf, there are still some serious kinks to be worked out in the game.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

taekwondokid42

So the goal of the game was to kill the other player?

I thought that it was to get to the end of the month with our clan on top...

lol

idunno

Thanks TKD Kid we've already broken stormfin numerous times you made us wait so we could decide what to do with the land? :-P.? Hehe notice how he's been murdered numerous times.? Whatever congrats on your victory.

Wolf Snare

Good job team. Wolf, I say let us war on for now. Or reset and we can do it again.. But imo theres no better way to iron out these bugs than to have a server running on this code. So far there are a handful of things I could point out, and I'm sure many others have noticed things aswell.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ruddertail

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on June 22, 2007, 03:14:02 AM
I would have been a much bigger help, had I known what was going on LOL. Anyway, congrats everybody. And yes wolf, there are still some serious kinks to be worked out in the game.

Well, yes, there's that. The kill was rather sudden and quick.

IDunno - You haven't broken Stormfin once. You've gotten through with leader attacks. Not that it's hard at all to break him, but...
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!

Gen. Volkov

You have not broken Stormfin, he is still at 1,000,000 land. Breaking someone means taking land from them. Comes from the game message "You broke through X's defenses and took Y land".
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Alazar is Back

Well had i started from the beggining i would have been able to help but, good job team!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

idunno

Meh, I figured murdering counted as breaking him.

Gen. Volkov

taekwondokid42

Quote from: Wolf Snare on June 22, 2007, 12:05:16 PM
Good job team. Wolf, I say let us war on for now. Or reset and we can do it again.. But imo theres no better way to iron out these bugs than to have a server running on this code. So far there are a handful of things I could point out, and I'm sure many others have noticed things aswell.

I also say we reset and try again.

Also: Bug found, are you supposed to maintain networth even if it is on the market??

I have (had, since you killed me) 9 bil food on the market, but even after it arrived my networth stayed at 300 mil.

wolf bite

Yes, the net worth from the market is one of the new features.  No longer can people hide their net worth by stocking away stuff.  However by having stuff on the market will keep it safe from murder or poison, not to mention having armies available that you are not paying to feed.

Another benefit is that if your account should be killed.  All that stuff on the market is still there when you reactivate the account.  However there is a bug where reactivating an account seems to wipe out your username and you can?t log in.  We are working on it (by using the word ?we?, I mean Shael).

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ruddertail

Unless you drop food net, that's going to make food massing for net ridiculously overpowered...
Kyle says:

Sober up you fool!