Nadal ruining Pavise

Started by Checkerpaw, October 21, 2008, 01:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Checkerpaw

He's sitting at the top there collecting everybody else's net in his clan, but not doing anything or helping anyone out.  Way to go.  One less competitive clan for our clan to worry about, but it's too bad to see this happen to others in that clan.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Shade

The clan is alot more active now than before I took charge, and several times we managed to get out of the bottom ranking position, although we were unable to hold it.

On the flip side, several of our clan members went inactive or otherwise left awhile ago. Including the two most experienced members after myself.

Also, my current net storage is not exactly my fault, the admins warned me when I took charge that I would be watched to make sure I didn't abuse the clan for my own purpose's, I wouldn't have even been allowed to order them to send net to me, I'm not sure who's responsible for that.

Most of the players now are shifting their focus from getting the top defense rank to "Oh well the 10% military bonus is nice but let's win instead" and in that regard, Pavise is doing quite well with a player in second place, given that I am perhaps the only really experienced player in the clan.

Granted, I've not been as active as I've could've been, but that doesn't mean Shade doesn't have plans...

So, with all due respect...shut up lemme alone

Shadow

Quote from: Checkerpaw on October 21, 2008, 01:08:50 PM
He's sitting at the top there collecting everybody else's net in his clan, but not doing anything or helping anyone out.  Way to go.  One less competitive clan for our clan to worry about, but it's too bad to see this happen to others in that clan.

It all depends on how you are playing this round. If you are going with the theme of defense, it's a bad thing for the clan overall. But it is certainly possible to win this round for net while being the worst defensive clan overall. I personally would like to see everyone try defense, and a lot of people are (I hope they are finding it as fun as I) but if someone decides to go for net instead, why get mad at them about it?

Nark has ben doing the same thing all round. Why haven't you called him out on it?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

NARF, Shadow

I found its impossible to keep a defence when you break it down every single time...  you managed to be the first to attack me very nearly Every Single Run for the first week or so.  I gave in and went pure leader...  then set myself up as a troop holder for my clan.
This round depends on stupidity of the attackers more than the careful setting of defences.

I dont have any problem with this strat, and I dont have any problem with Shade following along...  except for the fact that he's catching up, ofcourse.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shade

Wait...are you...are you actually siding with me in a discussion?! O.O

taekwondokid42

::)

You aren't wrong all the time. Just most of the time.

Checkerpaw

You're right -- Narf is doing the same thing. There are other members in that clan who appear competitive, however -- not so with Nadal's clan. He had more than one billion in net and no one else in his clan is even in the top eight or ten.

It's a moot point now, though, since it appears Nadal had half of his net murdered away this evening.  Good riddance.

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Shade

Did it ever occur to you that the reason they weren't high ranked....

Is because they were sending the stuff they made to me?! Good grief!

I said above that I did not ask them to send to me, I did not know they would send to me until it happened, they decided I would make a good troop holder, and I became the focus of their runs. If not me then another, it is not my fault that they are not in the top ten.

Shadow

To Windy:
Sorry, meant NARF, fingers must be miswired or something

The point of keeping a defense isn't to lock land (not solo anyway). It is to make people work to take it. If everyone leave troop holes it becomes a netting fiesta where people pass land around and see who can make the most food. Occasionally someone gets poisoned a few times and people complain. BORING.

To Checker:

I see absolutely no problem with what they are doing - they have excellent defense as a result, (Shade left his leaders open there, but oh well) and net as well.

To Shade: yes I am siding with you here. As annoying as you can be, Checker is simply refusing to see the forest for the trees, and that bugs me.

windhound

Youch Checker
Much hate I sense in you
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Checkerpaw

Quote from: windhound on October 21, 2008, 10:29:21 PM
Youch Checker
Much hate I sense in you

Hate?  I don't hate over Redwall Warlords.  I save my hatred for more important things.

Look here, Shadykins, I understand you're frustrated because someone just erased half your net, but please, that's no reason to take it out on yours truly.

Holby

Checker, you're making yourself look like a donkey!

This Turbo round has been interesting.
I will not deleted this

Shadow

Quote from: Checkerpaw on October 21, 2008, 11:28:53 PM
Youch Checker
Much hate I sense in you

Hate?  I don't hate over Redwall Warlords.  I save my hatred for more important things.

Look here, Shadykins, I understand you're frustrated because someone just erased half your net, but please, that's no reason to take it out on yours truly.

Checker, you had absolutely nothing to do with that takedown, so stop gloating about it. If RWL is unimportant to you, don't bother telling us about it. Stop and think before you post.

Shade

Youch Checker
Much hate I sense in you

Lol.

Not my net, not my concern. I hadn't even noticed until just before that post, and I didn't care nearly as much as I probably should have, as I said above, Shade is not particularly focused this round.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Shadow on October 22, 2008, 06:42:44 AM
Youch Checker
Much hate I sense in you

Checker, you had absolutely nothing to do with that takedown, so stop gloating about it. If RWL is unimportant to you, don't bother telling us about it. Stop and think before you post.

I didn't say RWL was unimportant, I said it wasn't worth hating people over.  Are you saying it is?  Because then you're kind of sad.

I was hardly gloating over Shade's takedown, either. Merely commenting that the takedown made it a moot point.

Please, Shadow, I beg of you -- make an effort to read what I post before spouting off on them.  It makes you look exceedingly foolish.  But like I said before, I have no hate in my heart for you.  Only love.  Peace out, brother!