Hey, guys.

Started by White Fang, November 30, 2008, 07:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Fang

Just stopping in to say 'hi' to everyone. I really miss this place, but between school, work, RP, books I want to read, games I want to play, and stories I want to write, I just can't keep focused on a game like this for long enough stretches of time.

That said, I might stop in for a round of Turbo in December, depending on where it's at when I start break (10th through the end of the month)--although I must admit to being slightly disappointed that I only recognized one name of the current top ten. :(  So we'll see.

Along those lines, I've only got these last couple of weeks to finish my Associates Degree, so that's really great--and if I bust my butt with final projects, I might just pull out a perfect 4.0 all the way through; still something like 3.9/3.8 even if I don't quite make it (since it's only one class that's brutalizing me, between absurd amounts of work and not feeling so great on and off the entire term, especially lately when I really need to be working).

Anyway, I ramble, so just 'hey.'

EDIT: Also, I see the forum-bickering hasn't died down in the slightest. :P

The Obliterator

Hey you may not know who i am but many people on turbo disguize their names.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

White Fang

Huh, you know, I don't remember if you were around when I was still playing or not.

But, yeah, I guess that's true. I always used the same name every round (although I suppose that runs the risk of a lame person hitting you up for last round's grudge).

Marell

Hey White Fang,
Was it you who used to play under the names of Alpha/Beta...Dash??

And yeah as Oblit said I'm sure a few of your old opponents are in the top ten just under different names...I myself played last round and I only recognise 7 out of the 27 warlord names  :-\

White Fang

I played as Alpha/Beta Dash way back, but my most recent good number of runs were under Redan Dash I/II/III, etc.

windhound

Hey White Fang
Most people have indeed been swapping names each Turbo round, with a few exceptions.  

How goes it?
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

The Lady Shael

Dash! Glad you haven't forgotten us. =)
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

Hey Fang! Come play again, I miss the competition with you - your food massing and leader defending skills were probably the biggest challenge the game had at the time.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

I agree! Welcome back Fang, I will be sure to play the set and maybe we can work together for the sake of old times.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

White Fang

I just might; have there been any substantial balancing/gameplay changes since I was around last?

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and looking back at old immorts, I realized that I had it backwards--Redan Dash was my older handle, and then I started with Alpha/Beta/etc. Dash after the game went down and then back up, and we started the round numbers over from 1. I remember now that I did this because I used to always play wolves (and I really liked Redan Dash as a name for, say, a red wolf), but then wanted something more race-inclusive with re-balancing.

EDIT 2: And, yes, we should do that, Snare.

Sharptooh

You probably won't remember me either, but I seem to remember someone called briar in first when I first started playing.

I agree with the obliterator, most people never have the same name twice, I think only me and a few other, seem to have the same name nearly every turbo round.

Briar

Quote from: Sharptooh on December 01, 2008, 11:01:41 AM
  You probably won't remember me either, but I seem to remember someone called briar in first when I first started playing.

As much as I would like to take credit for being this Briar, I am not.  This is only my 5th round for RWL.  Sorry.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Peace Alliance

Ahhh, the talented white fang. I hope you can stick around more then just 1 round. You're a worthy ally and oppenent

kell

dash to the mash... now there was a player! beating that bugger from #1 was a hard job even with a clan behind ya.
gotta get the old school back in the house
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Shade

Back when Dash was a regular sacking him for ridiculous amounts of cash and food was actually a vital part of my coming out from protection strategy, highly useful