Question for Warlords of Pain

Started by Gen. Volkov, August 20, 2009, 10:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Firetooth on August 24, 2009, 03:33:45 PM
Lol. It's called a typo. It doesn't mean I can't spell it. What, like embarassing? (appropriate word for you to mispell, seeing as that's all you are...)

Appropriately enough, you can't even spell "misspell."
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Ruddertail

Now we know what caused the ultimate downfall of the grammar Nazis...
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Firetooth

Quote from: Ruddertail on August 24, 2009, 04:36:30 PM
+1

Quote from: Checkerpaw on August 24, 2009, 04:03:36 PM
Lol. It's called a typo. It doesn't mean I can't spell it. What, like embarassing? (appropriate word for you to mispell, seeing as that's all you are...)

Another typo. Embarrasingly enough, the point, you miss it!
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Neobaron

Rudderbutt! Where has you been?
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Checkerpaw

They killed themselves rather than be forced to read any more of Firetooth's idiotic messages.

QuoteAnother typo. Embarrasingly enough, the point, you miss it!

Ah, little Firetooth, I'm so happy to see you're still proud of catching that one word in nearly 1,000 posts of mine.  You're so excited your trembling fingers just can't stop making all those "typos."

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Holby

Quote from: Firetooth on August 24, 2009, 04:44:10 PM
Quote from: Checkerpaw on August 24, 2009, 04:03:36 PM

Another typo. Embarrasingly enough, the point, you miss it!
Ironically enough, it's 'embarrassingly'.

Both of you make yourselves look silly by trying so hard to make the other look silly. And it's really getting in the way of all this clan vs clan bickering, which is much more entertaining.

I will not deleted this

Firetooth

Fine, I'll stop-if you notice, it was Checkerpaw that started it though.
@ Checker: If you want to flame for spelling in the future though, make yours perfect, or don't bother.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Firetooth on August 25, 2009, 03:32:00 AM
Fine, I'll stop-if you notice, it was Checkerpaw that started it though.
@ Checker: If you want to flame for spelling in the future though, make yours perfect, or don't bother.

Yeah, I wouldn't want what happened to you to happen to me.  Imagine how embarrassing it must be to misspell the very word you're making fun of someone else for misspelling!

Ruddertail

Quote from: Checkerpaw on August 24, 2009, 04:59:15 PM

They killed themselves rather than be forced to read any more of Firetooth's idiotic messages.

No, they did what you are doing. Redirection fail.

Ne0 - Been doing other stuff. College/Work + Other games, etc. Actually, school just started again - don't know if I'm really back. Probably not.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Gen. Volkov

QuoteOh, this is rich.  Volkov called, and he just said: "How about you shut your mouth, since it's obvious you have no clue what you are talking about. You are making yourself look like a total moron. Not to mention misspelling 'clearly', which only contributes to that moron image."

And once again you demonstrate why no one respects you. You do not actually put forth arguments, you simply call people on typing errors and quote what other people have already said, making slight alterations. Christ Checkerpaw, I remember when you were actually a well-respected member of the community. You used to actually make reasoned arguments. Now you are just sitting there criticizing the spelling of other people and bickering with Firetooth. What happened? At least when I call someone on their spelling error, it's usually at the end of a much longer post where I've actually countered their argument. You, your whole post is just telling someone they've mistyped a word and calling them an idiot for it. You're such a joke at this point, I barely pay attention to what you say, unless it's actually directed at me.

Ne0 - Been doing other stuff. College/Work + Other games, etc. Actually, school just started again - don't know if I'm really back. Probably not.

Hey Rudder! Glad to have you back, even if only for a little while.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Neobaron

Quote from: Ruddertail on August 25, 2009, 10:04:45 AM
Quote from: Checkerpaw on August 24, 2009, 04:59:15 PM

No, they did what you are doing. Redirection fail.

:D

I heard you were in the twins. I'm over in Eau Claire.

Next time Volkov drives through we should meet up for hugs and beer!
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Sevz

1 question,

why would we only try and lock 5bil networth in protection if it was planned?

if we were to organize anything it would of been an emperor.
Us warlords have been lazy and we most likely aren't gonna win

also, win-jing, sorry for the typo, my brain's as small as yours Volksy
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gen. Volkov

Quote1 question,

why would we only try and lock 5bil networth in protection if it was planned?

if we were to organize anything it would of been an emperor.

Best argument I've heard yet. It would have made more sense to try and lock up land and all the clan's NW. I don't really know why you would have done it, honestly, but I figured I'd at least ask. Maybe I could have phrased it better I suppose.

Us warlords have been lazy and we most likely aren't gonna win

I'll believe that when I see the NW totals at set end. LOL.

also, win-jing, sorry for the typo, my brain's as small as yours Volksy

LOL. To be honest, I was more responding to you telling me to shut up, rather than the typo. As for my brain, it's quite normal sized thank you very much, and I imagine yours is as well.

Oddly enough, they've found that some people with genius IQ's have smaller brains than your average person. Scientists think that since the brains are more compact and have more connections between neurons, and this allows for faster processing.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on August 25, 2009, 11:11:13 AM
QuoteOh, this is rich.  Volkov called, and he just said: "How about you shut your mouth, since it's obvious you have no clue what you are talking about. You are making yourself look like a total moron. Not to mention misspelling 'clearly', which only contributes to that moron image."

And once again you demonstrate why no one respects you. You do not actually put forth arguments, you simply call people on typing errors and quote what other people have already said, making slight alterations. Christ Checkerpaw, I remember when you were actually a well-respected member of the community. You used to actually make reasoned arguments. Now you are just sitting there criticizing the spelling of other people and bickering with Firetooth. What happened? At least when I call someone on their spelling error, it's usually at the end of a much longer post where I've actually countered their argument. You, your whole post is just telling someone they've mistyped a word and calling them an idiot for it. You're such a joke at this point, I barely pay attention to what you say, unless it's actually directed at me.

To the contrary, my dear friend!  I think you must be paying attention to what I say, or you wouldn't be responding to posts of mine that aren't directed at you.  Don't worry, though, it's understandable.  People just can't help but pay attention to what I post.  I'm that darn good.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteTo the contrary, my dear friend!  I think you must be paying attention to what I say, or you wouldn't be responding to posts of mine that aren't directed at you.  Don't worry, though, it's understandable.  People just can't help but pay attention to what I post.  I'm that [darn] good.

You mentioned me by name. People tend to take notice of that. To be quite honest, that was the only post of yours I've paid attention too since you started arguing with Firetooth again. Even if it was directed at Firetooth, you are still involving me in your little tussle with him. Don't.