RWL Internet Forum: Desert Island Edition

Started by Kilkenne, January 27, 2012, 09:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

As good a reason as any. Would he be good to eat?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

I'd take ally, then I wouldn't embarrass myself when completely obliterated because he would already be in an alcohol coma.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

QuoteFINE THEN! I will take volkov because he knows biology and could tell me which plants are poisonous. Also he would be tall enough to reach the coconuts.

I was also a Life Scout in Boy Scouts, so I know a thing or two about wilderness survival.

I would take cloud, because when I killed and ate him, he would provide the most meat to bone ratio, because *steroids*.

I was going to say I'd take Lucy, but I wouldn't want to kill and eat Lucy.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Raggon

Quote from: Shadow on January 28, 2012, 07:50:28 PM
As good a reason as any. Would he be good to eat?

Yes, you would never guess how tasty I am if served hot with ketchup.
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Shadow

As the old saying goes: a friend who can also double as a delicious meal in a pinch is a friend indeed.

QuoteI would take cloud, because when I killed and ate him, he would provide the most meat to bone ratio, because *steroids*.
Hormone fed meat is something of a problem IMO.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Genevieve

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on January 29, 2012, 06:01:02 AM
I was going to say I'd take Lucy, but I wouldn't want to kill and eat Lucy.

naww. I would complain a lot, tbh.

Camaclue

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]

Krowdon

Yes!

I am more important than Cake.

Camaclue, I would bring you if you promised not to talk about Ponies too much.

I would also consider bringing Briar. Because then my life would almost be like Indiana Jones. I would be the annoying Asian kid. (except white)
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Gen. Volkov

QuoteHormone fed meat is something of a problem IMO.

Your digestive system breaks down the vast majority of hormones. Every time you eat anything that came from another animal, you are eating some hormones, regardless of whether it was fed them or not. The reason hormones affect cows and such is because they buffer and protect them so they can survive the digestive tract of the cow. That's not really true of the hormones you are ingesting when you eat meat.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Rakefur

Y U NO PICK SHAEL?

And, KROWDON YOU GOT MSN?!
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Muse

I'd bring either Krowy to kill the birds with her intense tempting or Camaclue so we could share hats.
Stop! Don't touch me there,
this is my private square!

Camaclue

Muse, I have a Survival Helmet
It has a gun, some matches, a flare gun, a life raft, and artifically created animals to eat.
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]

Muse

Ooohh, snazzy. I've got a fedora that spits out pure waves of suavity to disinigrate enemies.
Stop! Don't touch me there,
this is my private square!

Briar

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on January 30, 2012, 02:27:24 AM
QuoteHormone fed meat is something of a problem IMO.

Your digestive system breaks down the vast majority of hormones. Every time you eat anything that came from another animal, you are eating some hormones, regardless of whether it was fed them or not. The reason hormones affect cows and such is because they buffer and protect them so they can survive the digestive tract of the cow. That's not really true of the hormones you are ingesting when you eat meat.

Off topic, but, (and not that this is scientific proof by any means), my little sister has practically never eaten meat. Even as an infant, she refused to eat the meat baby food. When she was forced to eat meat as she grew up, she would always throw up etc. Anyway, out of the four female offspring in my immediate family, she is built and has developed quite differently than the rest of us. She is shorter and not as built physically. Mind you, it could very well be the diet difference in general, but I saw a similar result in a young boy whom I used to nanny for whose parents had him on an organic, no meat diet since he was an infant.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?