Clan Management Upgrades

Started by Sevah, December 23, 2011, 12:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevah

I was under the impression you weren't gonna leave clans overpowered so a Clan Treasury would make teams operate like teams.

Since you kids have already destroyed all the competitive aspects of the game why not keep up the trend? Your in knee deep may aswell drown.

I remember the days where I could use skills to rise to the top by a significant distance. These days saving up money to spend it on a good landgrab is pointless, solo warlords have a tiny voice and the tough guys didn't make the networth they hold. No idea why you've got such a deluded approach to reshaping the traditional concept but when you realise the dire consequences I'll say I told you so.
Making players dependant on eachother is fine for the people who want team mates all the time but some players would rather not rely on others. The only plausible strategy these days is leaderer getting aided defence.

With all my experience there's no longer a competitive strategy for solo players. It's now become pointless for soloist to play redwall and if they do try a serious approach they're gonna be disappointed enough to leave
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Kilkenne

Sevah, a clan treasury makes it easier for clans to pass net. Not giving one is a way to keep clanned players in check. I think I don't understand your argument.

Also, there's going to be aid changes coming down the pipe fast as you please so that it's not adviseable to just pile one person and swim around idly in your pile of money you didn't make like Scrooge McDuck.

Sevah

If a leaderer makes cash for 1 day and pays for defence but it'll be effortlessly broken. Knowing that, they save cash for 3 days and still get broken. Wasting all that cash and losing that networth makes them try to save up more cash to actually hold defence. This doesn't work and they need to dispose of the remaining defences at a noticeable loss. Soon after learning that playing defensively as a leaderer is wasteful and simple circles they try not to spend money for a long term period, soon as they get to about the 10 day mark, a run of sacks happens and costs 2 days worth of production.
Spending 10days of banking should at least be rewarded enough to defend against random yobo's rather than incur heavier damage.

A mere run up with the Rat race and any lowbeat takes down a professional with minimal effort. It's ridiculous.

Kilkenne

But how does letting a clan have a storehouse solve this issue for solo players?

Sevah

Oh, once you tune down Rat, reduce sack damage and modify the aid limitations a storehouse would help the clans. The problem is hardwork isn't rewarded, suicidal attitudes are but with a few fixes long term budgets would return. A smallish storehouse would encourage people to clan play whilst returning power to the soloist would keep clans in check.

Wining here is a popularity contest

Kilkenne

I see what you're getting at now. The suicide change was sort of a step in that direction, but I get what your point is now. Do you think that it should be reduced for just the Rat race, or all indy-friendly races?

Sevah

Sack shouldn't exist IMO, too easy to abuse.
The problem with rwl is the troop stats. It's literally impossible to block someone breaking your rats t1.
Marten buys 50m rats 10m weasels 20m stoats 15m skiffs.
It takes a Rat 20m rats to break which is easy achieved with less than 30k land

I reckon line 1 should be changed. in Southsward and Northlands 1atk 2def, remains the same in mossflower of 2atk and 1 defence

Dark Claws

Sacks are sacks. They are annoying, but you can always retaliate in different scenarios. An indier can sack, but if you are playing leaders, steal. If you have your army spread around, hit them with anything but rats. It just means that it is slightly easier to sack with rats because you need just a little more than half of their rat army.
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant