Wildcat

Started by Peace Alliance, September 29, 2006, 05:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

How do you think the Wildcat race should be set up?

QuoteI would like you to address these sort of questions:

-What should the racial spell be?
example, marten has Gold Mine which gets you more money

-What should the race bonuses be?
If you don't know what those are, here's a link to how they used to be set up: http://www.redwallwarlords.com/rwl.php?action=help&guide=races

-What should the races general stratagy(s) be?

-Any other idea's as to what to do with races?

Peace Alliance

It used to be that wildcat was a great race if you wanted to boost you're troops with leaders. I would like to bring that stratagy back, just not so overpowered. Perhaps a spell that turns leaders into troops?

Gen. Volkov

Make Pressgang less nerfed. Make it work like Marten's Goldmine.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

White Fang

Pressgang, ftw!

QuoteWildcat: Another troop superpower, Wildcat should see the revival/restoral of Pressgang, to be sure. Now to make it easier to support all those troops that are coming in, how about re-arranging stats so that it gets -20% on costs and food? Not only would it make the race more unique (no other race has both a reduction in costs and food intake), but it would also augment its primary ability--Pressgang--quite well. More resources could be dedicated to huts or barracks, showing out its powerful troop massing capabilities. (Also, the two Wildcats we saw in the series seemed to be rather good at supporting more troops on less. Ungat had an absolutely absurd amount of troops--all which were provisioned for--and Tsarmina supported her army for several months on practically nothing). To balance it out, maybe knock out the attack and merc bonuses, and place a hefty penalty on building and scouting.

Gen. Volkov

If wildcat gets pressgang back in any form, it should not be able to support them even easier, that would make it far too powerful. It should have neither bonuses or minuses to costs and food. A minus to attack doesn't even begin to compensate when you've got 20 million stoats coming at you.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

White Fang

(20 mil Stoats * $4/Stoat/turn) - 20%= $64,000,000/turn. Every 15.5 turns--that's a little under 8 attacks--you would be using $1 bil in cash.

Without a bonus, you would be using $1 bil every 12.5 turns.

Honestly, there's precious little difference when you're talking that high in the numbers; 20% would only make it a little easier...it wouldn't be gamebreaking by any means.

It would be just as easy--if not easier--to simply GoldMine/LeaderLoot and buy that many from the mercs right before you wanted to attack.

Gen. Volkov

It was an example. I was just pointing out that pressgang already gives so many troops, it doesn't need help in supporting them. Troops = NW, nothing else does anymore.

White Fang

Yes, but here's the thing: if I GoldMined/LeaderLooted until I had an exorbitent amount of cash, and then cleaned out the mercs, I would be doing essentially the same thing, right? Using leaders for more troops? However, I wouldn't have to be paying any upkeep costs while I was running turns. Wildcat, on the other hand, gets its troop increases in small increments; its continually having to pay increasing upkeep costs.

Maybe I'm underestimating how many troops Pressgang gives/gave, as I've never used it, but I still don't think that a support bonus would be as powerful as you imagine.

Gen. Volkov

Um, the original pressgang gave troops based on how many you already had. I think it was 1.5 times your current troops or something. Basically you could multiply your troops times 50 or 60 in a very short amount of time. (Josh used it to go from last place to first in the space of a single run) Goldmining for the same amount of troops would take way longer, and cleaning out mercs wouldn't do it. You'd have to already have a large NW to get even close to the number of troops pressgang gave. Which is why Retto nerfed it. I support giving pressgang back a little bit of it's former glory, but certainly not how Retto originally designed it.

White Fang

Yikes! 1.5 times your current troops!? That absolutely insane!!

Anyways, I definately agree with you.

QuoteI support giving pressgang back a little bit of it's former glory, but certainly not how Retto originally designed it.

Gen. Volkov

Peace Alliance

No matter what, pressgang cannot come back and function like it used to. All you had to do was a week of farming loyalty, spend it all on food and money, convert to barrax/camps and presto, you're at 1 mil NW. thats a silly stratagy, and has no true merit.

It will not come back as a spell that works exponentially to your NW

Ruddertail

How about something that converts X% of your workers to troops? So you'd want to go something like 40/60 Worker Houses/Leader Huts. It would keep it from being basically being a marten without the step of buying troops.

Or you could go with the idea of leaders into troops. That might be better, since your workers would continually fill, thus giving you no end point until your manna ran out.

Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Shadow

I'm trying to make a viable strat with it and there are 3 things that are holding it back from its full potential

1) high mission costs - maybe make loyalty bonus +20%?
2) low loyalty gain per turn - make leadership +30%?
3) slow building - this is the biggest problem - make building +30-40%

and knock off attack and defense bonuses to balance it out, maybe raise costs or mercs if more balancing is needed and i think it could work? :-)
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

taekwondokid42

Hmm, I think that you could do a wildcat strat without too much of that.

1) high mission costs; perhaps you could figure out some way to partner with someone who will feed you loyalty, or spend time massing it up, and then go on a run
2) see number 1
3)if you were depending on someone else for loyalty/had already massed it, you would only need to build camps to sell troops, and tents to get workers. Huts would only be needed in small numbers.