Ermine

Started by Peace Alliance, September 29, 2006, 05:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

How do you think the Ermine race should be set up?

QuoteI would like you to address these sort of questions:

-What should the racial spell be?
example, marten has Gold Mine which gets you more money

-What should the race bonuses be?
If you don't know what those are, here's a link to how they used to be set up: http://www.redwallwarlords.com/rwl.php?action=help&guide=races

-What should the races general stratagy(s) be?

-Any other idea's as to what to do with races?

Gen. Volkov

I think it should be done away with altogether, it was stupid to begin with. Ermines and stoats are the same darn thing.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

lol, i will seriously consider your suggestion. 13 races is a LOT to work with and we don't have that many angles to the game.

Gen. Volkov

LOL. Yeah, I never got why he added this race, it's barely used, and I don't think there's any particular strat associated with it that can't be done better with another race.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Ruddertail

Meh, it always had good scouting bonuses. Maybe give it good food production and make it a HPR race?
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Wolf Snare

ermine is fine, dont take it ou8t of the game. heck im first on reg with an ermine. what it needs is for its special spell to produce more land per cast
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

The Lady Shael

I was about to say that I can't even remember any ermine being in the Redwall books, but there's probably one or two.

Of course, no one seems to care whether the game relates to the series or not anymore...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ruddertail

Two, at least. Foxwolf's Dirgecallers, from The Bellmaker.

And no, most people don't.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Gen. Volkov

I still think it should be done away with.

Wolf Snare

Ermin should be turned into an indying race. with its mercinarys bonus so high (+20), it could sell its troops higher, and make more money from them. Give them a +10 to +20 bonus in training and even out the food to +0. This will make for a powerful indy race, which could very well compete with marten. also, its leader spell should still produce land, its an interesting idea, if it worked on a slightly larger scale. maybe casting 70 acres for a good cast.

{ im tired too }  :-o
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Dependent on NW? God no. That would run into the same sort of problems as we did with Pressgang, different specific problems, but still there.

[edited to make more sense, lol volky is tired]

taekwondokid42

Could we have this thread un-stickied?

Peace Alliance

Never know if someone wants to add in a new race to our current ones. If they can think of a legitimate strategy and make it fit properly into the current game then i might consider it.

taekwondokid42

yeah, but does it have to be stickied?

Gen. Volkov

Still think the race should just be eliminated. I didn't like it when Retto introduced it, and I still don't like it.