Last Word

Started by Peace Alliance, April 18, 2004, 03:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krowdon

Well like, the one guy was poisoned, and then the other guy got shot because the rancher thought he was a coyote which was pretty funny.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Briar

Giant Coyote man. Sounds like a bad horror movie.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Krowdon

That would be the worst horror movie.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Briar

Bad play on a werewolf?
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Krowdon

Durza

And thus the summer mostly ends and school time begins again
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Krowdon

Yeah I just had my first day of school

Briar

I had my first day of...um...I've got nothing

Krowdon

I made myself the perfect egg today.

Whites were cooked all the way through on both sides, but the yolk was still runny. It was very tasty on my sandwich.

Krowdon

Someone talk to me about Mad Max.

Shadow

Tell me about mad max. Should I watch it? Have you seen the original?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Krowdon

Quote from: Shadow on August 31, 2015, 09:15:00 PM
Tell me about mad max. Should I watch it? Have you seen the original?

I have seen the original, as well as The Road Warrior, and Beyond Thunderdome.

So I guess the entire series haha.

So as far as Mad Max Fury Road goes, I would recommend it.

It's more of a reboot of the Mad Max franchise, than a continuation of the previous films. At least, that's what it feels like to me. They kind of re-established the apocalypse thing, and a little bit of Max's backstory, which is good for those who haven't seen the originals (I hadn't the first time I saw Fury Road), but at the same time, it could be a continuation. It's hard to place. (Max doesn't look as aged as he does in Beyond Thunderdome, (different actor, but I mean they could have greyed his hair the same if they wanted to, so I'm going for reboot.)

Anyway, In this one the world is the same post-apocalyptic desert world (Australia). Max ends up getting captured by the warlord Immortan Joe's warriors, called War Boys. They basically use him as a blood donor because all the war boys are sick.

Immortan Joe sends Imperator Furiosa to Gastown to collect more Guzzoline and bullets, but what he doesn't know is that Furiosa has snuck his wives out and is helping them to escape to "The Green Place".

Max ends up getting dragged along on the pursuit that follows as Immortan Joe tries to get his wives back, with Max ending up with Furiosa and then a lot of stuff goes down to keep it short and not spoilery as possible.

So not only was the plot pretty good, the colors and editing in the film are absolutely amazing. It's so vibrant and lively, which is actually really neat for a post-apocalyptic movie. They're all so bland. Also the costumes and cars are pretty aesthetically pleasing.

What's also impressive is that there's hardly any digital special effects at all. Like pretty much all the stunts and explosions and all were real people doing that. They actually built a flame throwing electric guitar.

All in all a very good movie. A+.

Probably my favorite of the franchise, followed by Beyond Thunderdome, then The Road Warrior, and I have to say the original Mad Max was my least favorite.

Krowdon

I am flatulent.

Krowdon

Durza

you have someone to talk about it with?
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts