It would be worth your while

Started by Burninate, December 15, 2003, 04:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retto

Might I second that one. Beatles will never be a mod here, at least while I'm an admin.

And...as to the "*poof* gone"ing...I'm always here. I'm always watching. I just don't post tons.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

~>John<~

* Wonders why he's not suggested....... :ph34r:  :ph34r:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  hah hah hah hah hah.........Xenocide and windhounds are good choices. Wolf Bite is not.
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

calria

I think Ashyra and windy would make great mods.

Beatles, Xenocide, and many of the others have shown themselves to be too controversial at times.
Same reason why I'd never be an admin. I'm here all the time, and when I'm not PMSing I'm not all that bad, but I'm an opinionated person, and I don't mind getting people's dander up.

windhound

windy wouldnt mind being a mod, might be neat, meh..  

anyways, I think that the current Admins arnt doing that bad, I mean, as I think was mentioned, if noone complains then there is little to fix or do..  a forum with low mod/admin activities is indeed a well run forum.. either that or a dead one..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Burninate

Quote from: calriaI think Ashyra and windy would make great mods.

Beatles, Xenocide, and many of the others have shown themselves to be too controversial at times.
windy would probably make a good mod. But it appears to me that you are mentioning people who everyone likes, simply because they /are/ liked. Prolly because as a liked forum-goer they are less likely to get in a disagreement, or displease the crowd.
And you are saying people who shouldn't be picked aren't liked widely. THAT is a perfect example of the favouritism I was talking about. If we take the two you just mentioned, they have much in common. Beatles and Xenocide have opinions, are not afraid to say what they think and feel, show they stick by their friends and decisions, and help to make this place worthwhile to visit.
Because not everyone agrees with them or their ways has nothing to do with what would make a good admin. I would rather have one Xenocide or Beatles admin this forum than a thousand super-active Ashyras or TJs.
-Holby
~Veranor, The Beatles, Nevadacow, Devari~
Dear Forums,
This happened once before,
When I came to your door,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
They said you were not home,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

?Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world..."

Menatus

Quote from: Burninate:)
Shael's not *the* admin that's admining, that would be more approximated by Retto, but hey, anyone'll pick the most popular...

Anyways, nominations so far include
Xenocide, Wolf Bite, Holby, Veranor, Ereptor, Peace, Tania, Dixie Rose, Ashyra, Windhound, Aus, and Beatles in no particular order at all. Should we poll or wait until an admin notices...?
Xenocide - He posts good stuff in the Ultra-Moderated discussion  area, but I hardly see him post in General, and I doubt he has the time if that be the case.

Wolf Bite - Wolf would be a good admin, as he's around a lot and knows a lot of the people.

Holby - We loves Holby! Therefore, I don't know. ^_^;; I see him as a respected figure these days.

Veranor - Don't know. Sounds like a good choice.

Ereptor - He doesn't like me, so I'm not sure on how he is towards everyone else and the forum in general...;)

Peace - Gone, so I thought. If he were to come back he'd make a fine mod/admin.

Tania - *chortle*

Dixie Rose - Very good respectable wonderful choice :)

Ashyra - She doesn't want it, she'd be good at it. Despite the occassional cheese comment.

Windhound - A very honorable, nice person, I think. Seems pretty impartial, accepting.

Aus - I always thought Aus to be mod/admin material.

and Beatles - Retto says no :(

Commodus

Aus and all these other nominations are the exact same people who have been administrating this job recently. They're liked, they're friendly, and they care what others think of them.

Ereptor and Beatles would be much better choices.

No one can make an unbiased or fair deciscion when they are friendly with the people involved.

By the way:
I do think Shael and Retto are doing a great job, just a bit short handed.

Peace Alliance

Xenocide - He is just here to hand with his friends and discuss unrelated topics. Doesn't seem like that would make a good mod, but i do think he is smart.

Wolf Bite - *says nothing so that nothing can be stirred up... even though people alrteady find it necessary to reference back to wolf/pa debate for some reason*

Holby - Hmmm... Well his help would be good, but i dont know if he might be able to stay unbias.

Veranor - sure, he is very sharp.

Ereptor - To contraversial wtill, I don't know if he could enforce the rules because i don't know if he even agrees with them all.

Peace - Well i am gone, but i've just come back to check out the ad leaving stuff and this topic sparked me intrest. i'll be gone again, so no peace alliance

Tania - *shrugs*

Dixie Rose - I find she to much of a "happy happy huggle huggle" type... maybe not.

Ashyra - Ah, nice person, i don't see any MOD qualitys.

Windhound - A very honorable, nice person, I think. Seems pretty impartial, accepting.

Aus - No way.... In my opinion he is trying WAY to hard to please everyone and thats not what everyone should be going for.

and Beatles - love the guy but even i donno if he could be trusted.

I think its important that if you do pick an new MOD, make it someone who is kind of uninvolved but still reads everything and cares.

ok now i'm gone, so AIM me or something

~>John<~

* Commodus, you are friends with Ereptor, thus, by your own reasoning.....

Also, would like to ba a mod I would. heh heh. :ph34r:  
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

calria

Another mod nomination, who I really think would be great...
Sha.

After all, she does keep up with what's going on here, and whenever there's a big blow up she always comes in and has something impartial and calming and diplomatic to say.

Commodus

Not here enough Sha isn't.

A good nomination nonetheless.

Aden

Speak like Yoda, you do. Yes...
Woodren Swiftsword, former leader of the Mossflower Liberation Army
May 20, 1999 - May 20, 2001

RedCon

calria

To speak like Yoda difficult it is. Be intelligent and wonderful one must.

Menatus

Shrugs? Shrugs?

I don't diserve that.

Better to have no said anythig than shrugs...

*shrugs* Who cares about HER? She's just a girl.  

Dixie Ros?

Hey, I'm tough when I need to be...
Thanks, Tania!

Xenocide - Well, maybe. He doesn't post enough, tho'.

Wolf Bite - Well, he'd be  biased IMHO... (sp?). What can I say?

Holby - He would be  biased  (sp) also. Maybe not.. Otherwise, great person.

Veranor - I don't think so. He's a good forum member, but I don't know about a mod...

Ereptor - Sure, why not? He'd be a pretty good mod.

Peace - Has been gagged---and flamed in the past. Wouldn't make a good mod.

Tania - YES! Tania'd rule as a mod!

Dixie Rose - You forgot the  accent mark.  :rolleyes:  Uhh...I'd be highly flattered if I was picked.

Ashyra -  CHEESE! RETTO! Doesn't want to be a mod; tho' she'd be a good one...

Windhound - YES. Great guy, great pick as a mod.

Aus - Sure, he'd make a fine mod.

and Beatles - No, says the  <3 able Retto.

And Sha: Prefect mod! I for one would nominate her any day, date or time.
user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"