Alternatives to the 72 hour rule

Started by Shadow, June 08, 2008, 04:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on June 09, 2008, 07:37:31 PM
Heh, alright. Not to be a nuisance (feel free to tell me to shut up) I also think the unlimited clan aid needs to be looked at. Right now, soloers have absolutely no chance at winning a set because of it.

Then they better clan ;)
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

...No. The game should not be unbalanced like that.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Alazar is Back

Yes, but the game is about adapting to changes and to others. IF you want to win or compete for a win then its simple, clan.

Shadow

Yes, but that shouldn't be necessary. As in, it needs to be changed.

CobyCopper

I agree that clans SHOULD have an advantage in that team work works, but a solo'er shouldn't have to clan to have a chance at winning. I think clans should be limited to 10 aids--twice the normal number but not really overpowering in my opinion.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: CobyCopper on June 10, 2008, 01:22:11 PM
I agree that clans SHOULD have an advantage in that team work works, but a solo'er shouldn't have to clan to have a chance at winning. I think clans should be limited to 10 aids--twice the normal number but not really overpowering in my opinion.

That sound like a fair comprimise, 10 aids to your clan total or to a single clan member?

CobyCopper

Quote from: Alazar is Back on June 10, 2008, 01:50:11 PM
Quote from: CobyCopper on June 10, 2008, 01:22:11 PM

That sound like a fair comprimise, 10 aids to your clan total or to a single clan member?
10 aids total. It's a bit hard to explain...

1) 10 aids total, counting for both clanned and unclanned players.
2) You can send off the "top 5" aids to unclanned people.
3) Once you run through the first 5 aids, you can only aid to your own clanned people.
4) Aiding 5 times to a non-clan member means you can only aid to a clan member 5 more times.
5) It recharges backwards, meaning if you aid 6 times, the next set of aid is counting towards one more aid for clan. If you only aided 5 times, the next set of aid counted towards the "anyone aid".

I think it's a bit straightforward once you get the concept down--the first 5 are for anyone, the second 5 are for clan only.

Firetooth

Good thing Im not solo :D
I agree the unlimited aid thing is far too overpowered though.
I hate the new 72hour rule, it means if someone in your clan has all the land, you cant just get them to kick you so you can run then re-join the clan.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

taekwondokid42

Being stripped of land is one disadvantage to being in a clan. Seeing how hard it is for a solo player to place when not in a clan, I think it should stay this way.

Shadow

I think there should just be a networth cap. It's 3x for unclanned warlords, why not make it 5 or 6x for clanned ones?

CobyCopper

Quote from: Shadow on June 10, 2008, 05:51:40 PM
I think there should just be a networth cap. It's 3x for unclanned warlords, why not make it 5 or 6x for clanned ones?
That too could work. I would say both NW cap and aid cap--be it 5x NW and 10 aids total or something... it'll just make it so teamwork is still preferred but not the only way.

wolf bite

I never liked the unlimited aid because whoever has the biggest clan wins because they can send all their stuff to one person suddenly.

Not sure I like the request to join a clan. There are some problems that will go with it. Sure, not all the time, but sometimes.

1)   A person requests to be a member, waits 4 days to find they were turned down, needs to send request to a new clan.
2)   Person sends request, is locked out from sending multiple requests, changes mind, is stuck waiting for a clan they don't want to be in.
3)   Person sends request, is approved hours later. However when they sign on to their account the next day, they have already been slaughtered by the clans warring their new clan. (people joining a clan should be able to use the benefits of their clan before they are attacked.)

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

taekwondokid42

All those problems have easy fixes.  :)

Unlimited aid: Like shadow said, make the cap 6x (double advantage, but limits exist)

Requests: Make it so that you can send several requests out at a time. If approved, you need to approve the approval. By this I mean that if I request to be in eclipse, and I get approved, I need to hit a button saying 'put me in this clan.' This solves all three problems.

The Lady Shael

Taek is right. Sending out multiple requests isn't hard to do. And if they send out a request by mistake, or if they later realize they don't want to request to be in that particular clan, they can pull back the request before the clan leader even sees it.

I'm actually really excited about this request/notification idea....I just hope I don't get carried away and make this too much like Facebook. o.o

Another note: If you send out several requests, and say you get accepted by two clans. Once you join a clan, I think it'd be best for all previous requests to be erased.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

Quote from: wolf bite on June 10, 2008, 08:16:13 PM
I never liked the unlimited aid because whoever has the biggest clan wins because they can send all their stuff to one person suddenly.

Not sure I like the request to join a clan. There are some problems that will go with it. Sure, not all the time, but sometimes.

1)   A person requests to be a member, waits 4 days to find they were turned down, needs to send request to a new clan.
2)   Person sends request, is locked out from sending multiple requests, changes mind, is stuck waiting for a clan they don't want to be in.
3)   Person sends request, is approved hours later. However when they sign on to their account the next day, they have already been slaughtered by the clans warring their new clan. (people joining a clan should be able to use the benefits of their clan before they are attacked.)

Wolf Bite

1)I would assume that people would send mail around before making a formal request, so as long as that was decided it wouldnt be a problem. Multiple requests also solve this.
2)Retractable requests
3)Bad luck, it happens with passwords too. Or only make them actually part of the clan when they first log in after being accepted, and leave them in limbo as long as they are offline and accepted.