Hidden Emperor

Started by Peace Alliance, September 29, 2009, 06:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Story:
Many, many years of war have encouraged walls to be built higher and higher. Warlords guard their goods like never before. In these troublesome times, many have found their defense to be a challenging and critical thing. Guard towers are build stronger, that many and much may be hidden behind their shield. In the shadows of these mighty stone walls lie secrets. The Emperor himself has taken to hiding, fled from the marauders. Somewhere among us is the ruler of all! Will you discover who he is? Will you help him, or kill him and take his throne?

Info:
The Emperor is somewhere, cloaked but not necessarily a fox.
Because he is in hiding guard towers are 4X as powerful and defenses are at 150% effectiveness.

If you discover the Emperor, you can either kill him, or aid him.

Soon After the emperor is dead guard towers go back to normal, and defenses are normal.

Juska

Is the emperor currently in the game? Or will he be introduced later?

Second question,

150% effectiveness on defenses means that if your race had a 0% bonus you would operate at a 150% bonus now?

Or is it a multiplier thrown in on top of everything, like I have 1 million defense points prior to this and now I would have 1.5 million.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Peace Alliance

Juska

Wow thanks for answering neither of my questions.
Current Empires:

Shadow

I think that that was exactly his intention - why would he tell you if the emperor were in the game? It is in hiding, and that is all you or anyone else needs to know.

As for the other, I suspect that it is simply a multiplier when all is said and done - much easier to code that. Could be wrong though.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevz

the emperor was never hidden,
perhaps you should of looked around before it used turns
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Marell

You actualy know who the emp is, or are jokingly referring to yourself?  :P

Sevz

the emperor wasn't hidden when i signed up
i'm not the only one who worked it out in the first minute of gameplay
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Marell

Ah k, well I've been informed of the situation now...seems like a strong possibility I guess.

Sevz

Division is the Emperor now

there's nothing i can do when that empire is already at hitlimit with heaps of land
thanks guys

Juska

Your not #7 Sevz?
Current Empires:

Shadow

Pretty sure sevs is menace

Division seems to be holding people off for now, but I doubt he'll be able to keep it going solo

Shadow

Also, and I double post only because it's been a full day and nobody will see this otherwise, but is the emp going to be an active account?

Peace Alliance

Like will he be attacking you? Nah, he's in hiding.

Shadow

Lol Sevah, you're not Division, don't be stirring up trouble :P